I've made a few extremely rash decisions, and I'm not sure if I can fix this.

Search This thread

Arcenturion

Jun 21, 2014
Okay, this all happened because I tried to install CyanogenMod without taking into consideration the fact that I'm using the SV version, of which there does not seem to be any easy way to install CyanogenMod on.

My provider is Boost Mobile if that's important.

The first step I took was to unlock the bootloader, which was successful (I did use the HTCDev website, submit my identifier token, and it definitely worked).

The real trouble was when I tried flashing my recovery and boot .img's using the files in this link (for the HTC One S): ((I can't post links as a new user, but I tried acquiring my .img's from the CyanogenMod wiki, in the guide for the HTC One S, which was probably the root of this problem)

Terrible mistake, I know. I think my phone is bricked, but I'm not 100% sure because this is the first time I've tampered with any phone on this level. The only comparable mistake was when I accidentally formatted my hard drive when I tried installing Arch on my desktop, two years ago.

Right now, my phone won't start properly. When I do a normal bootup, by simply holding down the power button, I get treated to the HTC logo followed by a blank blackish-grey screen. I have to remove the battery to exit it. I can access fastboot, but when I attempt to access recovery I get taken to a perpetual load screen with an HTC logo and "Entering recovery mode..." on top of it. I have to remove my battery at this point because it never goes beyond that screen.

The other trouble is that while I seem to be able to access my phone through a USB cable, and apparently detect it using the "fastboot devices" command, the device itself doesn't seem to show up on Windows (as C525c, like it did before). I'm not sure if this has to do with me screwing up my boot and recovery .img's or my USB drivers.

Arcenturion

Jun 21, 2014
Ok, this was not a good idea, to flash a boot.img from different device!
If there is any chance for your device, then try to flash the recovery from here (boost version).

Okay, I just did. I am finally able to boot into recovery! Thanks!

I'm not sure what I should do next though, because I don't want to screw it up again. Which options should I choose?

They are: Install, Wipe, Backup, Restore, Mount, Settings, Advanced, Reboot.