I have renamed app_process.

Search This thread

BratPAQ

Sep 21, 2008
Velo City
I'm trying to install the update. The update said something is changed in the system/bin/app_process. So using root Explorer I saw app_process and app_process.orig.

Thinking the app_process.orig is the unchanged one. I renamed the app_process to app_process.new.

I was trying to rename app_process.orig to app_process but somehow root Explorer can't so I rebooted.

Now its not booting up. Is there a way I can go to the files without booting up and rename the app_process?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

wilzard

Mar 5, 2011
Portland
www.facebook.com
I'm trying to install the update. The update said something is changed in the system/bin/app_process. So using root Explorer I saw app_process and app_process.orig.

Thinking the app_process.orig is the unchanged one. I renamed the app_process to app_process.new.

I was trying to rename app_process.orig to app_process but somehow root Explorer can't so I rebooted.

Now its not booting up. Is there a way I can go to the files without booting up and rename the app_process?

Some custom recoveries (TWRP) will let you browse the files on your device. I know that files can be copied, moved, deleted - I do not know if they can be renamed. My guess is yes, though. If you can boot to recovery go ahead and try that.

If you can't boot to recovery do you at least have ADB access? You can always ADB push the file you want if you do. There are guides out there if you don't know how to do it. I google for a quick refresher every time I have to ADB push a file.

BratPAQ

Sep 21, 2008
Velo City
I'm on stock recovery, I can see the device with 'fastboot devices' but 'adb devices' can't see my device? Is this a problem of driver? Or because I haven't checked the developers option? If I can only access the device I can rename back that file.