[DEV][APP] TSRemote Infrared Remote Control 0.4 (30/07/13)

Search This thread

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
I developed a new Infrared Remote Control that is a little like the one from Sony. Using StandOut, I have achieved that the Remote is usable like the Mini App from the Original Tablet Z Firmware (See Screenshots). As Backend the IR Library from Apache14 is used. For now the App is only compatible with >= 10.1" Tablets with a resolution of >= 1920x1080. I successfully test and run this on my pollux running nightly builds of CM 10.1 but it should work on any AOSP compatible ROM with superuser access. All in all, if Apache14's reference implementation from here worked on your device, this build should do so as well.

I also released the first draft of the Source Code on github.
https://github.com/lowtraxx/TSRemote

It is a preview version, so it is still a little rough around the edges. But you can Program Remote Controls, add new ones and use it like the regular one on the Original Firmware.

Prerequisites:
- Only tested on CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly but any AOSP compatible ROM should work
- Superuser Access (The App changes permissions for the IR device files)

Features to come:
- Theme Support (Different Remote Types)
- Remote Database (Downloadable IR codes to use with your equipment)
- Macro Support

Changelog:
30/07/13 Initial Release 0.4

- Apache14 for reverse engineering the IR Blaster and building the library to use it
- PingPongBoss for the StandOut library.
- Riekr for the italian translations
- antifish for letting me use his database from here
- NeverGone\RU for the russian translations

Please no Feature Requests and Problem reports via PM. Post them here or open a ticket on github (or even better, send me a pull request) , so more people can benefit from what you found out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-53-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-53-36.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 5,970
  • Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-40-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-40-03.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5,251
  • Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-53-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-53-10.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 4,876
  • Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-53-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-30-16-53-55.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4,011
  • TSRemote-0.4.apk
    279.2 KB · Views: 6,548
Last edited:

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
Possible to add the Sony IR database??? :)

I am trying to reverse engineer their format as well as their proprietary database loader. But at the moment it looks rather bleak. I could try to integrate the lirc format from here It is open source and they suport multitudes of remotes, but their list is a little outdated. I also thought about this, but they have no downloadable database and I would have to download and integrate every key.

Does anyone know a got downloadable remote database?

Last edited:
Reactions: keil. and ssvdude

Riekr

Sep 9, 2008
ɌɛggiŒmiɭia
wow! thanks for your efforts! this is what i was waiting for prior installing cm10.2 :)
one question before trying, can i acquire commands from existing remote?
i think i'm gonna try this app this evening anyway :)

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
wow! thanks for your efforts! this is what i was waiting for prior installing cm10.2 :)
one question before trying, can i acquire commands from existing remote?
i think i'm gonna try this app this evening anyway :)

Hi,

yes, as there is no database at the moment, learning from your own remote(s) is the only way as of this version. I am working on bringing device databases to it, but at the moment I am swamped at work.

br,

lowtraxx

Reactions: Riekr

Riekr

Sep 9, 2008
ɌɛggiŒmiɭia
Tried now to clone my Philips soundbar remote but no luck, the signal is not recognized.
That remote was problematic with Sony's apps too but at the end they were working after some trial.
Tomorrow I'll try with some other remote.

Inviato dal mio SGP311 usando Tapatalk 4

Riekr

Sep 9, 2008
ɌɛggiŒmiɭia
Tried now to clone my Philips soundbar remote but no luck, the signal is not recognized.
That remote was problematic with Sony's apps too but at the end they were working after some trial.
Tomorrow I'll try with some other remote.

OK tried again and all works really good, maybe better than stock Sony remote :)
I'm missing macros and device rename.
BTW I can help to translate to Italian? I'm a dev and can translate resources in github if there, I didn't check.

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
OK tried again and all works really good, maybe better than stock Sony remote :)
I'm missing macros and device rename.
BTW I can help to translate to Italian? I'm a dev and can translate resources in github if there, I didn't check.

Hi,

good that it worked out for you. If you like to add translations, the ressources are all in the github repo. Just send me a pull request and I will integrate. As for Macro support. Still one of the things I am working at. At the moment I am really swamped at work, but I hope for a 0.5 release to the end of August.

br,

lowtraxx

pangiotis24

Dec 20, 2011
Hi,

good that it worked out for you. If you like to add translations, the ressources are all in the github repo. Just send me a pull request and I will integrate. As for Macro support. Still one of the things I am working at. At the moment I am really swamped at work, but I hope for a 0.5 release to the end of August.

br,

lowtraxx

i think i've found a good database.it's from this app.the dev has recently uploaded the app's code on git because he will stop developing the app and said that if somebody wants to use his database has to contact him.his database has 45.000 codes.in fact as the app is opensource if you could make this app use apache's library(as it doesn't work on tablet z now) would be perfect.i would have tried but my tablet z hasn't arrived yet.it's ui about selecting device is ideal

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
i think i've found a good database.it's from this app.the dev has recently uploaded the app's code on git because he will stop developing the app and said that if somebody wants to use his database has to contact him.his database has 45.000 codes.in fact as the app is opensource if you could make this app use apache's library(as it doesn't work on tablet z now) would be perfect.i would have tried but my tablet z hasn't arrived yet.it's ui about selecting device is ideal

I already asked him for the database in the morning, but haven't heard back yet. If he agrees I will be happy to integrate it.

Do you plan to port the app for xperia zl?

Sent from my XZQ using The Force

I do not have the device. If you could install it and send screenshots of what is not displayed right, I could look into it and maybe optimize it so that it is displayed right.

br,

lowtraxx

Riekr

Sep 9, 2008
ɌɛggiŒmiɭia
Hi,

br,

lowtraxx

I've already translated the resources but were not able to compile with android studio to test the layout (I normally use eclipse).
Will try again after dinner :rolleyes:
PS: I also need to learn something about github, I'm stuck to the CVS/svn age

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

I do not have the device. If you could install it and send screenshots of what is not displayed right, I could look into it and maybe optimize it so that it is displayed right.

Here some SS

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377011486589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377011486589.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 368
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377011522308.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377011522308.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 353
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377011574003.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377011574003.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 346
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377011707712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377011707712.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 338

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
I've already translated the resources but were not able to compile with android studio to test the layout (I normally use eclipse).
Will try again after dinner :rolleyes:
PS: I also need to learn something about github, I'm stuck to the CVS/svn age

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

Okay, you can just send it to me then if you wish, then I integrate it into the github repo along with my german translations.

Here some SS

Thank you, I will look into it, but I can not promise anything, as I do not have the device to test nor much time at hand ATM.

did he reply?
i can see he is active so he should have replied to your message

Not yet

pangiotis24

Dec 20, 2011
lowtraxx i've got a present for you
As you may know the official htc ir app downloads the ir codes from an htc server.I have the ir codes.It has 40 brands so it's good for us.Here is the link to download it.Into this there are some .txt files exactly as is on htc database.They are json formatted(like text that's why you can open it with notepad).In order to read it properly use this.

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
lowtraxx i've got a present for you
As you may know the official htc ir app downloads the ir codes from an htc server.I have the ir codes.It has 40 brands so it's good for us.Here is the link to download it.Into this there are some .txt files exactly as is on htc database.They are json formatted(like text that's why you can open it with notepad).In order to read it properly use this.

Thank you for sharing! I also heard back from antifish, and he allows me to use his database. Next step now is understanding the structure of the different DBs and integrating them into the Application.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I developed a new Infrared Remote Control that is a little like the one from Sony. Using StandOut, I have achieved that the Remote is usable like the Mini App from the Original Tablet Z Firmware (See Screenshots). As Backend the IR Library from Apache14 is used. For now the App is only compatible with >= 10.1" Tablets with a resolution of >= 1920x1080. I successfully test and run this on my pollux running nightly builds of CM 10.1 but it should work on any AOSP compatible ROM with superuser access. All in all, if Apache14's reference implementation from here worked on your device, this build should do so as well.

I also released the first draft of the Source Code on github.
    https://github.com/lowtraxx/TSRemote

It is a preview version, so it is still a little rough around the edges. But you can Program Remote Controls, add new ones and use it like the regular one on the Original Firmware.

Prerequisites:
    - Only tested on CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly but any AOSP compatible ROM should work
    - Superuser Access (The App changes permissions for the IR device files)

Features to come:
    - Theme Support (Different Remote Types)
    - Remote Database (Downloadable IR codes to use with your equipment)
    - Macro Support

Changelog:
    30/07/13 Initial Release 0.4

- Apache14 for reverse engineering the IR Blaster and building the library to use it
    - PingPongBoss for the StandOut library.
    - Riekr for the italian translations
    - antifish for letting me use his database from here
    - NeverGone\RU for the russian translations

Please no Feature Requests and Problem reports via PM. Post them here or open a ticket on github (or even better, send me a pull request) , so more people can benefit from what you found out.
    Possible to add the Sony IR database??? :)

I am trying to reverse engineer their format as well as their proprietary database loader. But at the moment it looks rather bleak. I could try to integrate the lirc format from here It is open source and they suport multitudes of remotes, but their list is a little outdated. I also thought about this, but they have no downloadable database and I would have to download and integrate every key.

Does anyone know a got downloadable remote database?
    Hi,

sorry for not posting updates, but work is still a priority ATM, so I am not moving along very fast. I am nearly finished with the low-level database stuff, but it is still to crashy for public consumption. I will try my best to polish it up in the next few days so you guys have something to toy with. Sorry again.

br,

lowtraxx
    @lowtraxx, huge thanks for your work!
    I made a pull request with the Russian translation for the app.
    Running without any issues on CM10.2 nightlies.

Thanks for the Translations. I merged it. On a side note, database handling is coming along nicely. Hoping for a new Beta Build soon.
    Any news on the new beta version?

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium HD app

I am pretty swamped at work and also ran into a few roadblocks. I have to rewrite a lot of the code from Apaches implementation to get it to work with the database instead of local files, but I hope for something usable coming next week.