Droid RAZR on PagePlus edited to get 3g

Search This thread

cappii

Apr 26, 2010
Williamston, SC
I previously mentioned in the Bionic [Request] thread that the steps for making a RAZR work on PagePlus were the same as a Bionic, however, that statement is not entirely accurate. There is no *#*#4636#*#* on a RAZR, and as such, there seems to be no way at the moment to get 3G data. Picture messaging works if you install VZW messages from the market.
Here is what I did:

First and foremost, use the IMEI but drop the last digit. This is your MEID. Call Pageplus, or find a pageplus dealer who is nice enough to activate it for you, and give them this MEID. You will have to call pageplus cs after you are finished with the following programming to get the MEID put back on the phone. I don't know why this is, and I am not going to give you any kind of technical BS to make it look like I do.

1. Put phone into BP Tools mode by powering off, then pressing both up and down volume and power. Volume down to BP Tools and Volume up to choose it.
2. Install the latest Motorola Driver for your phone from: http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/
3. Connect the phone to the PC, and let the driver install complete.
4. Run HW Virtual Serial Port, and login with the password "admin" (it is already there by default, so just hit enter).< no longer necessary
5. Set the IP as 192.168.16.2, with the port as 11008.
6. Choose com port 100.
7. Open CDMA-Workshop 3.7 or higher (There is no known copy floating around for free. Either find someone who has it installed already, or pay the $108 like I did... if you're like me, you'll find ways to recoup your money. I have made it back a few times over already.) Choose COM port and click CONNECT.
8. Click on Security, SPC and send 000000. Do this EVERYTIME you reconnect the phone. Everytime. Don't forget this.
9. Click on Main and go down to where it says CDMA and change it to CDMA-2.
10. Under R-UIM change config to NV Only.
11. Click on the "Other" tab. At PRL, choose write and write the pageplus prl (51720 only) to it. Google for this, it's out there. Write to phone.
12. REBOOT the phone.
13. Reconnect and resend SPC.
14. On the MAIN tab, switch CDMA-2 back to CDMA.
15. Write 310 to MCC, 00 to MNC, and your MIN. Leave True IMSI alone.
16. Write 283, 384 to P CH; and 691 and 777 S CH.
17. Write your mobile number to the DIR_Number and DIR_PCS fields. Write to phone.
18. Change CDMA to EDVO.
19. under PPP User and HDR User write your phone number xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com, with vzw for the password.
20. under Teth. NAI write your number xxxxxxxxxx@dun.vzw3g.com.
21. Click on m.ip profiles
22. NAI is the same as 19. T NAI is the same as 20. The shared Secret fields are both VZW.
23. If necessary, change the P. HA address to 255.255.255.255.
24. Click X, then write to phone.
25. Disconnect the phone and reboot it. You are done with CDMA workshop.
26. On your phone, under Settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > network mode change to CDMA only.
27. Connect to wi-fi and download phone in Play Store (Android Market)
28. Open phone info and go to phone information. Scroll down to set preferred network type and change it to CDMA auto (prl) and toggle DNS Check to allowed.
29. ##Program on your dialer, use "000000" for SPC code, and go to 3> Extended NAM and change the SID to whatever your SID is.
30. Back once to 06 Test Mode, next twice, then make sure network mode is CDMA and EVDO
31. Back once and go to 14 LTE Test Settings. Change SIM Type to 3g, LTE bppanic to disable. Back twice to reboot. Remove SIM Card while rebooting.
32. Back to ##Program 14, disable class1 and class2 APNs and back out. Phone will reboot.

That's it. I have 3g working on 173. Haven't gotten it on 181 or on the ICS leak, though, but, I have a droid razr on my prepaid 29.99/month plan, and couldn't be happier.

Any questions? Please message me. I will respond ASAP.

Please remember to hit the Thanks button if this helps you!!

Last edited:

MrComment

Jan 28, 2011
Think this method would work on the Droid 4 (XT894) as well?

Was considering sending one to Beigephone for programming. However I'd like to learn how to do this myself, so when the time comes if I need to reprogram the phone again, I can do it.

Ha1cy0n

Mar 17, 2012
Columbia, SC
I have tried following your guide, and I just had a few things to add from my experience.

Between steps 7 and 8, I had to use 'Read' at the top of CDMA Workshop for it to allow me to enter the SPC code. I clicked the top Read, and I got this message:

DM baud rate has been automatically switched from 38400 to 921600

I was then able to input the SPC.

Furthermore, I was unable to read all of the information from the phone. The top Read worked fine, but the one in the Main tab could only pull certain information. Likewise, the Write button could only write some of the information, and was unable to write all the information under the M.IP Profiles section.

I actually was unable to try and complete the flash because the customer had to leave for work, so he ended up selling me the phone, haha. Any idea why CDMA WS kept erroring out halfway through writing the information?

I also have tried undoing everything through factory reset and changing the mode back to R-UIM only so I could sell it for Verizon, but even after changing the R-UIM settings back, the phone keeps saying there's no SIM card =/

adam3rd

Apr 20, 2011
Tennille
Last edited:
Reactions: anaya1213

jamrosz

Apr 26, 2011
Instead of creating a Virtual Port. Just boot into BP Tools by pressing the Vol Up and Down buttons from power off. Scroll to BP Tools and press the Vol Up Button. I Used CDMA Workshop. Under CDMA2 Change it to NV Only. Writed a PP PRL. Mine took very easily. 3G was a bit harder but it does work. Most people report that it will only go 1x. After a bit of tweaking it switched to 3G and everything is running perfect.

Reactions: sd_N

Ha1cy0n

Mar 17, 2012
Columbia, SC
I have successfully done a RAZR and RAZR MAXX the last 2 days. The process is the same on both.

(Trying to remember, don't have phone in front of me)

Boot up phone with SIM in, remove SIM upon reaching home screen.
##PROGRAM + SEND, enter 000000 for lock code.
Option 6 (Test Mode), hit next until you see Network Mode. Change it to CDMA and EVDO.
Go back to menu, option 14 (LTE Settings), change Sim Type to 3G UICC Test.
Reboot phone.

Go back into ##PROGRAM, option 1 (User Activation) and punch in your correct MIN, MDN and so forth.
There is another option for SMS/MMS settings that I had to change the MML server to MDN@vzw3g.com for text to work. Wasn't able to text MMS because the customer ran out of data :(

Make sure in your Data Manager under Settings that you have it set to roam for all trips or you won't get any data.

I'd like someone else to try this if they can, being that I sold both my RAZR and RAZR MAXX and I forgot to document the process, haha. If I come across another one, I'll be sure to update this reply.

I had 3G data, voice, text, and I believe MMS was working.

Hope this helps someone!

Apr 19, 2012
I have successfully done a RAZR and RAZR MAXX the last 2 days. The process is the same on both.

(Trying to remember, don't have phone in front of me)

Boot up phone with SIM in, remove SIM upon reaching home screen.
##PROGRAM + SEND, enter 000000 for lock code.
Option 6 (Test Mode), hit next until you see Network Mode. Change it to CDMA and EVDO.
Go back to menu, option 14 (LTE Settings), change Sim Type to 3G UICC Test.
Reboot phone.

Go back into ##PROGRAM, option 1 (User Activation) and punch in your correct MIN, MDN and so forth.
There is another option for SMS/MMS settings that I had to change the MML server to MDN@vzw3g.com for text to work. Wasn't able to text MMS because the customer ran out of data :(

Make sure in your Data Manager under Settings that you have it set to roam for all trips or you won't get any data.

I'd like someone else to try this if they can, being that I sold both my RAZR and RAZR MAXX and I forgot to document the process, haha. If I come across another one, I'll be sure to update this reply.

I had 3G data, voice, text, and I believe MMS was working.

Hope this helps someone!

when i rebooted and tried to enter the MIN, MDN etc. it said "Failed to get call NAM information" and would not let me save after i entered the info.

are you starting with a fresh sim? The sim i am using is from the previous owner

Ha1cy0n

Mar 17, 2012
Columbia, SC
I was able to get the RAZR MAXX working yesterday following some instructions provided by RemotesquaD (when you purchase their flashing software), and like a big dummy I had it working and tried flashing it with their software so I could get MMS working and it killed the data on the phone. I have sat here the last 4 hours trying to figure it out for this customer, and I am going crazy. I've tried everything, and the only thing I can conceive as a viable reason it won't work is because the phone had been previously activated on Verizon..

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I've tried several 4G SIMs to get through activation and then re-program it to no avail.

If only there was a way to completely revert this phone back to stock, settings and all so I could try from scratch =/ I feel like I might have a country code or SID wrong or something. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks.

cj20998

Mar 7, 2010
Droid razr maxx

so i followed everyones instructions but i put alittle twist in it i had to use cdma workshop 3.8 free trial and qpst. in cdma workshop alot of stuff didnt write to the phone because you have to buy the version of it so i wrote what i could to the phone and opened up qpst and did the rest with it. my only problem now is i use my wifi in the house and the 3g and 1x indicator is on only on wifi. when i turn wifi off then 3g and 1x goes off also. is it because i have an verizon 4g sim in the phone or is it something with the data?

beastmods

Jun 15, 2010
Charleston, SC
www.beastmods.com
anyone had any luck getting all this on ics???

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

some info for op

if you flash one of these without the original sim card you might have issues using the ##program# menu.

if you do then here is a tip

get "anycut" from market or search anycut .apk on google

add activity shortcuts one by one to your desktop of the razr

lte test settings

programming (the 2nd one)

testing

field menu settings.

those will give you shortcuts on desktop to enable the setting for 3g.

just had to flash two razrs like this.

hit thanks if it helps

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

another question of mine

has anyone got mms to work without that ugly ass vzw messages app?

Last edited:

beastmods

Jun 15, 2010
Charleston, SC
www.beastmods.com
ok so i stayed up waaayyy too late last night trying to get my razr on ics with page plus.

i installed the .79 leak and then installed cm9.

it kept all my settings in there that i could see through anycut looking at programming fields.

all i have is talk and text. no mobile data.

i was not able to connect through cdws on cm9 tho. if i reboot with bp tools then it goes to safestrap and after that it shows no diag port in device manager.

just trying to write down everything i did.

about to go back to 181 and maybe start over not sure yet.

pltctytc

May 17, 2012
tampa bay
try this for 181

I previously mentioned in the Bionic [Request] thread that the steps for making a RAZR work on PagePlus were the same as a Bionic, however, that statement is not entirely accurate. There is no *#*#4636#*#* on a RAZR, and as such, there seems to be no way at the moment to get 3G data. Picture messaging works if you install VZW messages from the market.
Here is what I did:

First and foremost, use the IMEI but drop the last digit. This is your MEID. Call Pageplus, or find a pageplus dealer who is nice enough to activate it for you, and give them this MEID. You will have to call pageplus cs after you are finished with the following programming to get the MEID put back on the phone. I don't know why this is, and I am not going to give you any kind of technical BS to make it look like I do.

1. Put phone into BP Tools mode by powering off, then pressing both up and down volume and power. Volume down to BP Tools and Volume up to choose it.
2. Install the latest Motorola Driver for your phone from: http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/
4. Run HW Virtual Serial Port, and login with the password "admin" (it is already there by default, so just hit enter).< no longer necessary
6. Choose com port 100.
7. Open CDMA-Workshop 3.7 or higher (There is no known copy floating around for free. Either find someone who has it installed already, or pay the $108 like I did... if you're like me, you'll find ways to recoup your money. I have made it back a few times over already.) Choose COM port and click CONNECT.
8. Click on Security, SPC and send 000000. Do this EVERYTIME you reconnect the phone. Everytime. Don't forget this.
11. Click on the "Other" tab. At PRL, choose write and write the pageplus prl (51720 only) to it. Google for this, it's out there. Write to phone.
12. REBOOT the phone.
17. Write your mobile number to the DIR_Number and DIR_PCS fields. Write to phone.
18. Change CDMA to EDVO.
19. under PPP User and HDR User write your phone number xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com, with vzw for the password.
22. NAI is the same as 19. T NAI is the same as 20. The shared Secret fields are both VZW.
26. On your phone, under Settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > network mode change to CDMA only.
28. Open phone info and go to phone information. Scroll down to set preferred network type and change it to CDMA auto (prl) and toggle DNS Check to allowed.
29. ##Program on your dialer, use "000000" for SPC code, and go to 3> Extended NAM and change the SID to whatever your SID is.
30. Back once to 06 Test Mode, next twice, then make sure network mode is CDMA and EVDO
31. Back once and go to 14 LTE Test Settings. Change SIM Type to 3g, LTE bppanic to disable. Back twice to reboot. Remove SIM Card while rebooting.
32. Back to ##Program 14, disable class1 and class2 APNs and back out. Phone will reboot.

That's it. I have 3g working on 173. Haven't gotten it on 181 or on the ICS leak, though, but, I have a droid razr on my prepaid 29.99/month plan, and couldn't be happier.

##7764726 lte(14) apn restore using apnpageplus.xml seems to get 1x for a minute...then
sim out--> then disable class 1 apn disable class 2 apn
reboot with sim back in and keep it in

toggle dns check= not allowed
query cfu on powerOn=enabled

instant 3g everytime

Last edited:
Reactions: akhobbes

akhobbes

Apr 30, 2008
Thanks for this pltctytc, but here's a question. I found out that I needed the SIM card kept in to get MMS via VZW Messages. Are you able to get MMS on 3G with the SIM out? The only difference is that my gf's phone is a Bionic on PPC.

pltctytc

May 17, 2012
tampa bay
had to put sim in to get internet... can't say about mms w/o sim since i didn't try it. i am not using a 4g verizon sim and never had one its a generic h20 one
but everything works as designed sms mms internet email blah blah blah

don't really know if there is a difference but knowing verizon i would assume they have something embedded in their cards

i am really surprised there is so little info about there about the razr or lte phones on pageplus. i guess most using ppc don't want newer phones or their capabilities

nevilles video is good on using cdmaws on the razr but i lost 3g following it but managed getting it back with a couple settings mentioned previously through trial and error

Last edited:

lipak

Mar 2, 2007
ok so i stayed up waaayyy too late last night trying to get my razr on ics with page plus.

i installed the .79 leak and then installed cm9.

it kept all my settings in there that i could see through anycut looking at programming fields.

all i have is talk and text. no mobile data.

i was not able to connect through cdws on cm9 tho. if i reboot with bp tools then it goes to safestrap and after that it shows no diag port in device manager.

just trying to write down everything i did.

about to go back to 181 and maybe start over not sure yet.

I do have exactly the same issue, it doesn't go to bp tool and directly goes to safestrap after showing red moto logo for few seconds.. I am in stock ICS Rom .. any help, thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

guyinyoureye

Nov 13, 2010
Why is my spc not all zeros when I dial ##PROGRAM? The previous sole user would not be capable of changing it and besides CDMA WS sends 000000 just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is what I did:

6. Choose com port 100.
    12. REBOOT the phone.
    18. Change CDMA to EDVO.

that is the hard way. try this link for the easy way. i have done the razr and droid 4 with this method. i started with the bionic and i am sure it will work on the razr maxx. it doesn't cost a thing.

try this (post #25)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300959&page=3

or even better

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1752710-Manual-Activation-of-Droid-Bionic-Questions/page4
    Instead of creating a Virtual Port. Just boot into BP Tools by pressing the Vol Up and Down buttons from power off. Scroll to BP Tools and press the Vol Up Button. I Used CDMA Workshop. Under CDMA2 Change it to NV Only. Writed a PP PRL. Mine took very easily. 3G was a bit harder but it does work. Most people report that it will only go 1x. After a bit of tweaking it switched to 3G and everything is running perfect.
    try this for 181

Here is what I did:

6. Choose com port 100.
    12. REBOOT the phone.
    18. Change CDMA to EDVO.

##7764726 lte(14) apn restore using apnpageplus.xml seems to get 1x for a minute...then
    sim out--> then disable class 1 apn disable class 2 apn
    reboot with sim back in and keep it in

toggle dns check= not allowed
    query cfu on powerOn=enabled

instant 3g everytime
    i need help

i have a razr and i would like to learn to do this but i dont have any idea how to get cdma 3.7 can anyone help me out

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

[i have the razr and i would like tostart doing this myself but im in need i dont know how to get cdma 3.7 help please