[Q] Pantech Burst Love, Anyone? Anyone?

Search This thread

Finn81

Mar 21, 2012
Which network type do you switch to? The wcdma worked briefly but switched back to 4g. The others didn't switch out of 4g at all.
I like the app btw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
we haven`t LTE networks here in Russia , so I am using GSM only and WCDMA only/or WCDMA preffered

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
we haven`t LTE networks here in Russia , so I am using GSM only and WCDMA only/or WCDMA preffered

The lowest I had seen mine is 4G which I assume is H+? Mostly it stays LTE with around 13Mbps, I've tried changing APN manually to 3g but it doesn't let me, I think it's the software side, I'm sure with CM9 I will have the option to use 3g to save battery

Metsfan4831

Apr 25, 2012
I recently got a burst and I would like to root it. I am having issues with fastboot and adb however; I have ever tried following all steps online but they weren't of much help. Could you guys help me set them up on a vista 32 bit machine? Sadly my phone is my only Internet connection. I sincerely appreciate any assistance. Thanks XDA.

tdma

Dec 9, 2007
I have found a glonass support in this phone.satellites with numbers 65 + are they.can someone test it too?
Would you please let us know from where the app displayed in your photo can be downloaded? It is the first such GPS app I have seen that displays satellite number/signal for more than 12 satellites. спасибо

Finn81

Mar 21, 2012
Would you please let us know from where the app displayed in your photo can be downloaded? It is the first such GPS app I have seen that displays satellite number/signal for more than 12 satellites. спасибо

it was screenshot from Navitel Navigator.one more is Progorod, where is the Glonass satellites are shown with red circles around them.

mayur9890

May 12, 2007
NaGpUr
hello guys i bought 4 pcs of pantech burst for me...i was able to unlock(sim-unlock) 3 of them...but iam unable to unlock the 4th one...pleaase help me in this...got the same unlock code from 4-5 ebay sellers...and after entering that code it straighaway says "network unlock unsuccesfull"....please help friendz

The lowest I had seen mine is 4G which I assume is H+? Mostly it stays LTE with around 13Mbps, I've tried changing APN manually to 3g but it doesn't let me, I think it's the software side, I'm sure with CM9 I will have the option to use 3g to save battery

Thanks for the input guys. It's pretty dumb on the manufacture/service provider side to not be able to toggle out of 4g. Hell that could be a selling point, "switch off the 4g when you need more battery life." And all the while save a little bandwidth.

Is there a visual designation between 4g H+ and LTE or does it just say 4g no matter which it is?

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
Is there a visual designation between 4g H+ and LTE or does it just say 4g no matter which it is?

There are small lte letters under 4g when there's lte, h and h+ it stays in 4g, people here had said that it changes to edge with an E , but personally I haven't seen it, when I got no lte or h my Burst just loses network data !

Sent from my PantechP9070 using XDA

Reactions: Spikelangelo

Ricamed

Mar 2, 2012
On another topic...
The screen on mine doesn't show good whites, it looks kinda greenish-blueish, is it just my phone or that's a general thing??

Thanks

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012
On another topic...
The screen on mine doesn't show good whites, it looks kinda greenish-blueish, is it just my phone or that's a general thing??

Thanks

Yours. Mine is fine.

As a side note, using the built in slider in the settings menu won't get the screen very bright. To see maximum brightness, download the Brightness Level Disc widget. You can get the screen much brighter using that.

Reactions: Ricamed

Ricamed

Mar 2, 2012
Yours. Mine is fine.

As a side note, using the built in slider in the settings menu won't get the screen very bright. To see maximum brightness, download the Brightness Level Disc widget. You can get the screen much brighter using that.

I downloaded it and it's much better, thanks...

yadspi

Aug 17, 2011
Just wanna bump the thread a little and here's hoping all the nice people working on CM9 are alright and that the Burst don't give them difficulties porting it. :D

mayur9890

May 12, 2007
NaGpUr
hello guys i bought 4 pcs of pantech burst for me...i was able to unlock(sim-unlock) 3 of them...but iam unable to unlock the 4th one...pleaase help me in this...got the same unlock code from 4-5 ebay sellers...and after entering that code it straighaway says "network unlock unsuccesfull"....please help friendz

plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wonder why we couldn't have a good phone with good price and good support, also? just only one.

hey all!!!!!! guess what update is up for grabs right NOW GO GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy shi* address is https://www.pantechusa.com/upgrade/burst/

please hit the thanks button!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Root is done, attn1 is working on recovery now, and IOMonster and I are trying to get a better root done while waiting on recovery.

As of right now, we have a leaked update that we are hi-jacking to get root, however we hope to get it down to just flashing recovery without the need for update later today.

Stay tuned.

CWBv5.jpg
    I'm porting over the newest Ubuntu Touch to you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    and here is root, you need fastboot and adb

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04/09/pantech-burst-rooted-and-the-process-is-stupid-easy/

IOMonster saved the day here, without him you would have to wipe your phone and install modified leaked firmware to get root.

Very glad we decided to not release the initial root, sorry

If IOMonster wants to explain he can, I would prefer not to however.

Details

http://goo.im/devs/jcase/prestoroot.img

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot prestoroot.img

once phone boots, reboot it again, install superuser from the market
    I've started hosting relevant files for the Burst on part of my site. Download speeds are pretty high so if you can't access the 4shared or dropbox or whatever mirrors, check here.

If anyone has any particular files they want hosted and aren't already there, PM me.

Level 99 - Pantech Burst Files