[MOD] Aroma | UV | 09-Jan | New dualcore configuration of 1.1/1.2-abov bricked kernel

Search This thread

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Iba I notice that media scanner takes extremely long to complete after applying the script. Is it possible to use badass or on demand as screen off governor?:)

Sent from my Sensation running HyperNonsense v2.3

i could create a faster rumping up conservative.. or a badass with different levels..

i'll post it here.. 10 minutes

remus82

Oct 9, 2011
i could create a faster rumping up conservative.. or a badass with different levels..

i'll post it here.. 10 minutes

No idea how much MHz it needs but it was at least four times faster to finish loading with badass at 486maxscrnoff (based on the awake time).

Findings: the UI is definitely smoother with this script. Shall report battery life tomorrow. Great job iba

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
No idea how much MHz it needs but it was at least four times faster to finish loading with badass at 486maxscrnoff (based on the awake time).

Findings: the UI is definitely smoother with this script. Shall report battery life tomorrow. Great job iba

It's because mpdecision can turn on second core to maxfreq..

Try tweaked conservative.. if it's not good.. try badass..

My idea is.. use conservative for better power consuption in standby.. ondemand increase at maxfreq even if you touch the screen..
For more power in standby, there's the badass tweaked for low rumping up.. but.. more power = more consuption = less battery!

Last edited:

remus82

Oct 9, 2011
Iba, your script is excellent! :thumbup:

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
What do you try?
I'm trying force conservative and for now very well!
Ilba you what advice?
Bye and thank you for your wonderful work

i advice the stock script in OP.. because it has a better one configuration for lowering power consuption in standby.. about 50ma in standby means 50mAh per hour.. 1520 / 50 = 30 hours of standby ;) (i have about 30mA with UV)

the goal is to have a conservative governor + low frequency, maxfreq is at 540mhz..
if you use the conservativeboost, it has a faster ramping up, with 1.5ghz of maxfreq
the badass is the worst for battery performance because, badass is a governor witch use the ondemand system, so, when system need little power, it increase frequency at maxfreq.. even i lock the first freq at 384, when system needs more than 192, it comes to 384 too fast than conservative.. if system need more than 384, it comes to 756, and not at 432..
conservative increments frequency side by side.. badass and ondemand increments at maxfreq.. so.. with badass one.. you have more speed up performance, with much more power consuption ;)

p.s. with conservative boost if system need, for example, 1ghz, it could rump ap at 1 ghz, it's not so fast as a badass or ondemand configuration, but, it's the same..

if you can.. i advise the stock in OP.. or try the conservativeBoost

p.s. guyz.. yesterday i got 4.5 hours of screenON with data active and 2.5 hours of web browsing witch huge UV and anker battery

Reactions: framir and remus82

framir

Dec 8, 2008
Pineto
Ilba thanks for your perfect explain.
At first i don't read well your instructions so I installed your mod on not stock bricked kernel settings with a lot of problems...
Yesterday I reinstall the kernel with stock sett and I tried conservative mod...
Battery life is lovely but I have a system lag with a lot of application in background and with "noom" app open... I have also some reboot of Rosie and also one system reboot...
Now I retray with op mod on correct kernel sett...
I report you tomorrow! ;-)

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Get a fresh installation by wipeing system partition.. it will not delete your setting.. after that flash rom + kernel.. do a cache+dalvik wipe.. ok.. now use my script

It's impossible to have lags in background apps, it has a pure and active dualcore..
Maybe in standby.. but.. you don't see it ;)

The only lag you could have is in home slideing..it's because the badass governor has a slower gpu rumping up

It could be possible to have a worst settage for your rom, i test mine on sense4.. i know stock 3.6 isn't so heavy for the system

P.s. if you don't select the right permission, after screen-on, system will not write the badass conf, and you will have a conservative governor, it has huge lags everywere

Reactions: framir

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
With my script today i see a 25mins of youtube video by using 10% of battery.. so.. 250minutes of video playback with youtube app :)
4 hours of video playback ;)

framir

Dec 8, 2008
Pineto
MY UPDATE

With clean rom, stock kernel and op mod system is very awesome!
Battery life is very hight! In my office with strange and low 3g signal my battery goes ever down fast...
From 8:00 to 12.45 with data and sync i've loose only 20%! :D
I'm very happy!
Thank you Ilba!!!! :)

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
With clean rom, stock kernel and op mod system is very awesome!
Battery life is very hight! In my office with strange and low 3g signal my battery goes ever down fast...
From 8:00 to 12.45 with data and sync i've loose only 20%! :D
I'm very happy!
Thank you Ilba!!!! :)

you're welcome

20% for 5hours of standby? :confused:
i lose 1% every 1.5 hours with data active (and auto-sync too), but i have the anker 1900mAh battery

maybe you have to try to remap the batterystat.bin..

with 20% i could do about 50minutes of heavy usage with screen on and hight web browsing.. but, if you use the phone in that period time, of course it's ok :D

20% for 5hours of standby is too much

framir

Dec 8, 2008
Pineto
you're welcome

20% for 5hours of standby? :confused:
i lose 1% every 1.5 hours with data active (and auto-sync too), but i have the anker 1900mAh battery

maybe you have to try to remap the batterystat.bin..

with 20% i could do about 50minutes of heavy usage with screen on and hight web browsing.. but, if you use the phone in that period time, of course it's ok :D

20% for 5hours of standby is too much

I've anker too!
In this 5 hours i've also make a call, used tapatalk, view market etc...
So i fell is ok... :)
In my office the signal is too low in 3g so it change ever to 2g... :(
I'm very happy so! :D

P.S. I mean that the lag in home had caused by a skin that didn't work fine... :)

Bye

HunnyBearLewis

Mar 21, 2011
Hi, so just to make sure I understand correctly...

mpdecision is disabled, and when the screen is on both cpu0 and cpu1 are both always online yes?

That is what I'm guessing but some of your English confused me :p I say that in a friendly manner by the way :)

Thanks in advance I'm happy to give this a try. Also, are you still running the original configuration in your OP or one of the variations you posted for other people?

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Ahaha.. i know i have a bad english :D

Yep sure, with display on you have both core on.. with display off only one..

The goal is to have differebt levels.. 192-810 810-1188 1188-1566

Until frequency reach the freq limit, it will not upgrade to the next step.. it's forbpreserve battery

I hope you'll understand what i'm saying! :D

P.s. mpdecision is the script witch turn on-off the second core.. i disable it completely.. (it has a an huge lag in the switching on-off)

Last edited:

yuyuchen0204

Apr 30, 2012
hi, iba

could you please explain what's 4) wipe cache+dalvik

i installed my kernel for badass→balance→cfg is it right?

im going to try the script:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read new informations in installation guide

IF YOU HAVE REBOOTS WHEN YOU ARE USING THE PHONE, IT'S BECAUSE YOU SET A UV TOO AGGRESSIVE, SO, YOUR CPU CAN'T BE STABLE. CHOSE A LOWER UNDERVOLTAGE

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW VOLTAGE CAN REACH YOUR CPU, START STABILITY TEST (DOWNLODABLE FROM MARKET) AND USE IT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES, IF PHONE REBOOTS IN THAT TIME, THAT VOLTAGE IS TOO LESS FOR A STABLE CHIP

NOT ALL CHIP ARE THE SAME, IF YOU HAVE A LUCKY CHIP, YOU CAN REACH A LOWER VOLTAGE (AS MINE)

Ok Guyz, since show creates the badass governor, i'd want to use it for a better one multicore configurtion

What's the advantages of multicore sistem?
    Symply, more parallelization means more performance per second, as i can say, 2 core can compile at last the double quantity of threads than 1, so, 1 core at double frequency can't compile the same number of thread, but it do it faster..

ex..

if you have 2 thread (impossibile), 1 audo and 1 video, a single core @ 2ghz compile firstly the audio, than the video.. the dualcore architecture can compile on core0 the audio and on core1 the video!! this is the powerfully of multicore system.

Ok, since i say it, i create a MOD witch TRY to use this logically.. this MOD uses the limitate frequency of the badass governor, that's why, with ondemand, all of 2 core goes at maxFreq too fast, now, with this badass, the system will not grow up the first limitate frequency until the single core uses more than that frequency.. so.. we can limitate the "ondemand" issue in 3 freq phases..

thus, the actual MOD configuration is it:
    SCREEN ON:

- dualcore with all cores TURNED ON (hope you understand now :D)
    - governor badass for all of 2 cores
    - min freq at 384mhz for all of 2 cores
    - max freq at 1.566ghz for all of 2 cores
    - first phase freq at 810mhz for bla bla bla
    - second phase freq at 1.188ghz for bla bla bla
    - third phase freq at 1.566ghz (is the maxfreq)

SCREEN OFF:

- only core0 is TURNED ON
    - governor conservative
    - minfreq 192mhz
    - maxfreq 540mhz
    Badass governor has the same configuration as last show's ondemand governor

So, now, with this MOD we have a pure functional dualcore with the advantages of multicore system, with limitate frequency. The stock situation is 384-810mhz, if the single core (is the same, qualcomm uses asyncronic frequency) needs more than 810mhz, it increases the max freq to 1.188ghz (the sensation original frequency), if 1.188 isn't sufficently, it increeses at 1.566
    remember, qualcomm has asyncronic frequency, so, one core can be run at 1.56ghz, the other at minimum mhz.. ;)
    INSTALLATION:

-) flash a kernel witch has badass governor (i advise bricked 1.1) with NO GPU OC and what governor you want, the same for the frequency, mod autochanges those, chose what scheduler you prefer.
    1) Flash MOD zip file by recovery
    2) Select what MOD YOU want ;)
    3) Reboot. :D
    #) You have to reinstall at every Rom Upgrade

# If you want only the UV, select Remove in mod choseing (it's the same as no installing it); you can use the UV mod with all kernels, and all governors
    # If you come from V2.0 to 3.0, go to recovery, wipe, format system partition, after that, reinstall rom, reinstall bricked kernel (if it hasn't), reinstall other mods (like battery %), install my mod, reboot.. You will not loose your data

# ONDEMAND VERSION IS NOT FOR GOOD BATTERY CONSUPTION, IF YOU HAVE HUGE BATTERYDRAIN (IT'S WHAT YOU'LL HAVE) INSTALL THE BADASS - BOOST+BOOST VERSION.

DISINSTALLATION:

1) Boot in recovery, flash the Mod
    2) Select Remove
    3) Reboot
    :eek:
    Code:
    bricked 1.2 -above
    V 11.9

> Fixed Screenoff chose
    > Changed DEFAULT first phase for better reactive with less power usage
    > Other minor changes

###
    Added Version for AOSP kernel (NoSense)

V 11.8

> Changed some settings

V 11.7

> Changed some settings for a better fluidity

V 11.6

> Added Remove chose
    > Fixed an installation issue of the Aroma

V 11.5

> Added possibility to know if MOD is working, you have to give a cycle on/off of the screen, after that, if it works, you will find a new file in home of sdcard!

V 11

> Changed configuration for less battery drain

V 10.5

>  Tweaked badass experience for better battery life (only with bricked kernel 1.4)

V 10.1

>  Tweaked screen off conservative

V 10.0

>> BIG RELEASE
    >  Added possibility to chose frequency
    >  Added possibility to chose screen off governor

V 1.01

> Fixed freq values in Aroma installer

V 1.0

> Initial Release
    ;)

FAQ in second post

• Witch version could you chose?
    The versions of the mod are two:
    T
    he 3.7 is the older, it's for the bricked 1.1 version AND for other kernels (don't know if all rom will boot up with my mod, some has issues)
    The version 10 and above are for bricked 1.36 and 1.40
    • What setting could you use?
    You can intall what you want, i create those (expecially the 10 versions) witch has the possibilities to be changed as users experience.
    I advice to use default settings if you don't know how change, but, you should try to, it will not brick your phone, in fact, you could find a new setting could it be better for your use.
    So, try try try

One EX:

If you want a faster phone, grow up the minfreq to 300-400mhz, grow up the first phase at 1.2ghz, put the second to 1.2 or more, and change the maxfreq as you would, OC too.

If you want a better battery experience, decrese minfreq, the first and second phase, decrese the maxfreq too, maybe, with this settings: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

If you want the lowest battery experience, try with this setting: 192 - 648 - 1020 - 1020 mhz

Be careful, you could have some lags if you chose the lower setting, but, for ex, if you don't play, you can chose a setting as like, 192 - 810 - 1020 - 1180 mhz

So, you have to install, select one setting with you think it's ok, try, if you have lags in some situation, grow up some setting, an re-try til you find your best settages. I don't have your use, so, i don't know if you could have a good esperience with my setting.
    • How to see if mod is working?
    If you have the version 10 or above, you will find a new file in SD card, it calls IBA21ModWorking. if you don't find that, turn on the screen, wait 5 seconds, turn on, refresh the explorer app, and try to see if there is.
    If you have the 3.7v you have to download and install system tuner, and see if all cores are turned on.
    • Why my phone doesen't boot after apply the mod?
    Not al roms has the same quality, some doesen't have some little features; my mod uses a whyle cicle witch chages settings from screen-on use to screen-off (standby). If phone doesen't boot up, rom doesen't have the possibility to use the cycles in the script, so, script is unusefull.
    • Do you need to delete or wipe the rom at every upgrade?
    ABSOLUTELY NO, mod auto removes the old script and changes that with the newer one, so, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING, ONLY FLASH THE UPGRADE OR THE NEW SETTINGS WITCH YOU ARE CHANING!
    enjoy my work and, press a lot of thanks buttons! :d​
    350+ download and 10 thanks.. :(

:p
    upgraded on OP page to V 11.7

changed some settings witch increase the fluidity of the system (with the same power consuption) :D

enjoy, and say many thanks!
    ok, do some easy fix.. now i suppouse it all works good..

to install from other version, please, first time, flash the 3.6, select remove mod and remove uv, reboot, after fist bootup, reboot in recovery and flash the mod