[ROM][Oct 10]Jellybean 4.1.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [JZO54K]

Search This thread

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
double post sorry

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

weird, i didn't do anything special... I used GPS Status to download latest aGPS data... but could not change the region so I took North Americas (I'm in Europe) data and worked after a little while (first fix always long)

same did i as well :D ohh i got gps :D yesss google maps found me
anyway was a great trip but need to recieve some sms so back to sense for now :/ will keep an eye on you here :p

have 0,90 Euro left on my paypal acc so no chance to donate yet :/ but to motivate you some more maybe i promise you to give you about 10 dollars as soon as google now is fixed :angel:

wmh

Dec 31, 2008
God its so annoying i also need my phone for work, need to restore nandroid backups after every little bit of playing around with JB :(

robertmacnair

Mar 6, 2010
Brilliant work so far bud... just radio, sound and usb mounting [OK, not quite 'just'] and I'm set to flash.

Looking forward to this one.

more2come

Oct 18, 2010
The achievements are already quite stunning for such an early release. As already stated, GPS hardware works and it's possible to get a lock on your position, but it takes a very long time. But this is of lesser importance.

Another thing I wanted to add to my "doesn't work" list is, that H/W decoding of video material is broken. Again, not really that important ^^

Keep it up, tgascoigne! Awesome work so far! :highfive:

entropin

Feb 21, 2010
When i try to build it i get ;

build/core/product_config.mk:193: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/htc/endeavoru/full_endeavoru.mk]]: "frameworks/native/build/phone-xhdpi-1024-dalvik-heap.mk" does not exist. Stop.

Do someone have an example of a the local_manifest.xml you uses to build?

/Thanks

owain94

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
The Hague

build/core/product_config.mk:193: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/htc/endeavoru/full_endeavoru.mk]]: "frameworks/native/build/phone-xhdpi-1024-dalvik-heap.mk" does not exist. Stop.

/Thanks

if you would read the error then it would be pretty easy to fix

tgascoigne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol, UK
tom.gascoigne.me

/Thanks

Just woke up from a nap, I'm about to sort out a manifest repository for the project, I'll message you a link when its up. Sorry for not answering your pms until now.
Regarding the error: are you using the jb-dev branch? https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&hl=en#!topic/android-building/eE0VwTfodmw

pupuw

Mar 21, 2011
Awesome work ! I am using it right now and it is smooth as butter ! Project butter is really amazing...
When radio and sound will work this will be my daily driver =)

ywl12345

Sep 14, 2009
期待所有都可以使用的那一天!

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

现在JB的源代码有了,希望能够尽快修复声音,手机信号,拍照等等,虽然还是比较习惯sense,但是还是想在4.1版的sense出来前体会一下JB的流畅。

F4M0U569

Dec 10, 2011
期待所有都可以使用的那一天!

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

现在JB的源代码有了,希望能够尽快修复声音,手机信号,拍照等等,虽然还是比较习惯sense,但是还是想在4.1版的sense出来前体会一下JB的流畅。

Do we look like we know Chinese to you?

Reactions: Willieumm

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
Do we look like we know Chinese to you?

Dude, I'm quite certain that among all the HTC One X users on this forum, more than a handful are either Chinese, or have learnt the Chinese language.. so if I were you I would try to not react in such a arrogant way next time.. instead, remind him that posts in these forums should be in English.

Bryski

Nov 30, 2008
Newcastle
I am at work for the next 12hrs, hoping to see radio and audio sorted by the time I get home :p
Only joking Tom, the hr or so I had a play last night was great and I look forward to more as and when it comes along :)
:thumbup:

Bry.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tgascoigne

entropin

Feb 21, 2010
Thank you, there was apparently a problem with the AOSP master for a few hours yesterday and that's when i did my checkout, Google says it should be fixed now and i think it will build just fine!

Thanks for the fetch urls!

Just woke up from a nap, I'm about to sort out a manifest repository for the project, I'll message you a link when its up. Sorry for not answering your pms until now.
Regarding the error: are you using the jb-dev branch? https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&hl=en#!topic/android-building/eE0VwTfodmw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    m7FaD.png

Visit the Jellybean 4.2 thread here

Banner thanks to Sebianoti
    As I'm sure you know, the Jellybean 4.1.1 source code was uploaded to the AOSP repos a few hours ago. Following on from my Nexus 7 port, this is a build based off of the AOSP repositories, using the open source endeavoru tree started by intrepresentation. This is a pure AOSP build, the only changes I've applied are to add the Nexus 7 boot animation, APNs, and stuff that is required to get it working.

Issues
    • Wireless doesn't connect for a small handful of users
    • Radio also doesn't work for a small number of users in recent builds

Contributing
    I'm also opening up the codebase, so if you think you can contribute then submit a pull request. Anyone can contribute by helping to submit bugs to the issue tracker. Remember to include as much detail as possible. Steps to replicate, logcats etc.
    If you've never tried developing for android before, then the best way to get started is to first get the source built (I'll post up a quick guide at some point), have a look through the code, read a page or two about AOSP, then see if you can pick off any bugs. Github makes it easy to find bugs, and submit your fixes back to me, so have a read up on that too if you're unfamiliar.
    I've set up a short guide that should help you get started with building android, check it out here.

I've also set up #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc for discussion, suggestions, development etc.

Links
    Latest builds
    Jellybean Gapps
    Source
    Mirrors:

Guide to installing - Thanks Chilling_Silence
    Repacked kernels

Changelogs
    Build #36
    Merge in latest JZO54K (Android 4.1.2_r1) changes

Please flash this boot.img instead, and let us know if it resolves the screen flickering issue: http://www.blinkenlights.ch/static/a...35/boot_35.img

It may take a day or two to take full effect

Build #35
    Backport screen flickering fix into kernel (pab)
    Improve stability of pollyd, the incall volume fix (pab)

Build #34
    Merge latest JRO03R (Android 4.1.1_r6) changes

Build #33 (boot.img updated)
    Button backlights fixed
    A2DP pairing fixed (TeamNDVRu)
    Multitouch gaming fixed (TeamNDVRu)
    Better screen off power management (pab)
    Pinyin Chinese input fixed (Properly this time) (Myself, Lord Clockan, AOSP)
    Lockscreen widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed (Properly this time)
    Incoming call widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed

Build #32
    Fix lockscreen unlock widget alignment under lower DPIs
    Fix Google Chinese Input
    Fix AGPS - GPS now locks a lot quicker

Build #31
    Merge latest JRO03L (Android 4.1.1_r4) changes
    Update prebuilt binaries to 2.17 release
    Fix for slow USB Mass Storage transfer rates (seader @ github, kaltkaffe @ Cyanogenmod)
    Add potentially performance improving compile time flags

Build #30 (boot.img updated)
    Merged latest JRO03H (Android 4.1.1_r3) changes
    Wifi Hotspot fixed (Lord Clockan, tbalden)
    pollyd no longer survives airplane mode, sets initial call volume correctly (pab)
    Switch the build server to using 'squisher' (optimizes zip file output)
    Add custom power HAL to control cpu frequencies better (mdeejay)

Build #29 (boot.img updated)
    Update kernel + modules to 1.29.401.7
    Update prebuilt binaries to 1.29.401.11
    Enhanced in call noise suppression (Mike Grissom, Cyanogenmod)
    Finished pollyd, in call volume now working correctly (pab)
    Kernel crash when placing a call with headset is now resolved
    Replace Superuser with SuperSU

Build #28
    Phone: In call echo fixed (Mostly, there's still a faint echo, but very manageable)

Build #27
    Framework: Fixed Unity games touch input (Without patching kernel - You're safe to flash whatever custom kernel you want without breaking stuff)
    Radio: Some experimental stuff that may improve signal, or fix radio for those with issues
    Experimental fix for this issue

Build #26
    Camera: Added support for up to 8MP
    Fixed front facing camera
    Fixed video recording format
    Radio: Corrected network status indicator
    Vendor: Added Stk package
    Signatures
    Sebianoti (who also designed the awesome banner at the top) has been kind enough to make us an image to put in our signatures.

URL: http://i.imgur.com/mPX3k.png
    More here and here

Thanks to..
    pabx, rogro82, and chris-p - These guys are far more knowledgeable than I and have been incredible. Send some love their way.
    Lord Clockan
    tbalden
    richardtrip
    more2come
    BMutsaards for pointing us to the working gapps, and helping to debug/test
    MashineGun, entropin, and everyone else in IRC who's been helping to debug and find solutions
    Everyone who contributed to intrepresentation's Cyanogenmod tree
    Everyone who's tested, offered help and support
    @TGascoigne ( and other developers ):

Here is the audio policy source... ( once again one mod to audioflinger, because i cant figure out which file is used to set the flags on the output device.. and dont have any more time to search ).

Sound tested:

All basic sounds.
    Music
    Recorded using a free sound recorder
    Outgoing call to voice mail

Mic tested using:

Sound recorder
    Google voice
    No i did not try to call anyone at 4am :)

You will have to add audio_policy.tegra.so in system/lib/hw as audio_policy_legacy.endeavoru.so

Source code has not been cleaned as i dont have anymore time and ill leave that up to you... :)

Structs in the .h file should be overwritten with the ones in the .c file ( marked in code ) and then you can just include them, but it was a lot easier this way... but f*gly as hell * shrugs *

And make sure to disable debugging as soon as everything is stable.

Will see if i can also upload some precompiled .so files before im of.

@everyone else:

DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THIS

PS:

Your libwvm.so file ( or one of the related drm files ) seems to be wrong ( as can be seen in logcat ).. i would suggest using the files i posted earlier
    Sadly my git is failing tonight ( ehhrrm morning ) so no way to make a patch so ive just included all changes in a zip file ( should be fairly straight forward with a diff )

Changes:

New audio library ( wrapper )
    Sadly one needed change to audioflinger which i will fix later on. ( comments why added )

Files:

Besides the source i have added all files needed to get audio working:
    new JB .xml files for codecs / profiles ( copied from grouper so might need changes )
    All DRM ( wvm ) related files
    Compiled version of HAL wrapper ( audio.primary.endeavoru.so ) and libaudioflinger.so
    audio.legacy.endeavoru.so which used to be audio.primary.tegra.so

Todo:

Fix audio input streams the same way as done for output streams... so input is not yet working

Edit: Added input stream handling to the wrapper so this might work when setup correctly, but most probably asound.conf needs editing as no profiles are found
    Code:
    W/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  164): getInput() could not find profile for device 40
    000, samplingRate 44100, format 1,channelMask 0010

Fix audio policies as volume control does not works like it should ( call volume for instance ), because its still using default policy.
    Probably a lot more :)

Tested:

System sounds
    Music
    Call ( no input audio yet only output )

If ive forgot to mention something then thats because i might be a bit tired :)

P.S:

Im not responsible for any damage to your phone or ears because of this ;)
    I've got data working. More info + build soon.
    http://i.imgur.com/G7wS6.png
    And here are the compiled .so files including the renamed old tegra policy which is needed. :victory:

I have done a quick test with the lastest rom and atleast the mic was working...

Installing only these files might cause issues so if you want to be sure wait for @TGascoigne to build a new rom.

Once again:
    Im am not responsible for any damage to your phone or ears