[ACS] Return to stock using Odin

Search This thread

lifanus

Nov 30, 2007
Miami
Thanks to the stock FH05 img here, I was able to flash the GA02 update. The FH05 downloaded using Galaxy Nexus ToolKit from google won't work and will not allow the update to proceed, (gives "assert error")

airtime82

Jun 9, 2012
Hi. Odin never recognizes my phone. I have tried it on two computers, drivers are installed and everything is ready to go. I've never had issues with Odin in the past. Does anyone know what could be happening?

You've tried all USB ports and are using a name brand cable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
is the fh05 the latest before the 4.2 update?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Hmmmm or is there a stock kernel that I can odin so I can get tge new 4.2 update? Im stock rooted but I have cwm recovery and bootloader unlock and I was trying to manually update to 4.2 but when in recovery it keeps failing or aborted so im guessing its because I have cwm recovery so is there a stock recovery I could flash or odin or do I just need to odin the whole rom?

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
is the fh05 the latest before the 4.2 update?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Hmmmm or is there a stock kernel that I can odin so I can get tge new 4.2 update? Im stock rooted but I have cwm recovery and bootloader unlock and I was trying to manually update to 4.2 but when in recovery it keeps failing or aborted so im guessing its because I have cwm recovery so is there a stock recovery I could flash or odin or do I just need to odin the whole rom?

there is fastboot-able images in lower down :)

hey guys please help if you could... I put my Nexus back to stock but when i go into stock recovery it shows the adroid guy lying down with a red exclamation mark what an I doing wrong? I used the gnexus toolkit to reinstall the stock recovery again and it still defaults to the adroid guy/ red exclamation mark??? I am selling this and need to bring it back 100% stock. I already used this thread to bring back to stock twice but it will not let the stock recovery flash GRRR help!

airtime82

Jun 9, 2012
hey guys please help if you could... I put my Nexus back to stock but when i go into stock recovery it shows the adroid guy lying down with a red exclamation mark what an I doing wrong? I used the gnexus toolkit to reinstall the stock recovery again and it still defaults to the adroid guy/ red exclamation mark??? I am selling this and need to bring it back 100% stock. I already used this thread to bring back to stock twice but it will not let the stock recovery flash GRRR help!

That stock recovery. When you see the Android laying down hold power and tap volume up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: davidstjohn1

Rxpert

Sep 12, 2011
My device wont take the OTA update from 4.1.1 and I think its because the baseband doesnt match

Current info:
Build number ends in FH05

Baseband both end in
FC12

I would assume I just need to fastboot flash the FH05 radios yes?

Never fastboot flashed a radio(although ive done it for plenty of other things), can someone give me the correct commands?

Edit:
Found QB kings video, so I got it (many thanks to him)... but damn it sucks watching a video for 1 bit of info. The commands should be added to the info in the 2nd post. (also a suggestion to add it to the video descriptions for those lookng to quickly find )

Last edited:
Reactions: CRIME INC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shabbypenguin
    presents to you

Return your Sprint Galaxy Nexus to stock

Ok, so basically these files will allow you to mess your phone up real bad and still be able to recover. this is the same software provided to you on your sprint galaxy nexus when you first purchased it :)

make sure you give your thanks to teh truly awesome anonymous source who remains ****ing kickass. without him it would not have been possible to do this for you guys anyways to teh nitty gritty

1) Read this entire post then move to step 2
    2) Download Odin
    3) Open Odin
    4) Load the tars
    5) power off your device
    6) Hold Volume Down + Power to enter download mode
    7) Connect the device
    8) click start :)

If you need to know how, please watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxEh0M2E44

Warning!!! this will wipe your entire device clean, you will lose all pictures videos etc by using odin.
    Due to the new hosting links and MD5's will be available on shabbypenguin.com :)

http://shabbypenguin.com/?developer=Sprint_Galaxy_Nexus has all the odin tars and fastboot images :)
    Awesome.. I'll get a how to video up soon :)
    Thread stickied! Nice job!
    Hey guys, you might notice that the link is down and you cant download, thats due to the high volume of traffic i have on my website. 1and1 has locked my account and asked me to upgrade to a server (thats not gunna happen), or find a way to cut down on my average 10TB of bandwidth each day.

As such ill re-upload these files ASAP to a second hosting as soon as i can, in the meantime my apologies for the inconvenience.

edit: links are back up :)