Where is all the chatter?

Search This thread

robamacaf

Mar 19, 2012
It seems like these forums are completely dead for the 1020. Is it because it's just selling that bad? When I got the HTC One they didn't think it would really sell at all and there was a lot more going on on their forums than here. This is my first windows phone and I'm trying to figure out if this level of quietness is a WP thing or a Lumia 1020 thing.

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
It seems like these forums are completely dead for the 1020. Is it because it's just selling that bad? When I got the HTC One they didn't think it would really sell at all and there was a lot more going on on their forums than here. This is my first windows phone and I'm trying to figure out if this level of quietness is a WP thing or a Lumia 1020 thing.

Its more of a Windows Phone and XDA thing.

XDA is a community site about hacking phones and phone software/hardware tweaking, and there is very little of that on any Windows Phone 8 device. So don't expect much chatter outside of "How do you like your phone?" and "What color did you get?".

I'm too busy enjoying my device to discuss it anyway. XD

Reactions: LordManhattan

Apatche69

Jul 18, 2010
Napa, CA
I'd have to agree with prjkthack. I bought this phone as a break from the Android ecosystem and can honestly say that I'm enjoying every moment of it. The battery life and fluidity of the OS have been worth the jump alone. I hope the device is selling well because its a great piece of hardware. Buy it and enjoy it.

Sent from my Lumia 1020

katamari201

Oct 18, 2011
You'll have to go to WPCentral forums if you want any chatter at all. Even over there, it's pretty much dead aside from a handful of people. The most high profile WP phone too. The phone has only been out for two weeks, and can only be had on AT&T. XDA is mostly international. That's why the Lumia 920 forum on XDA was dead until people could get unlocked versions. The phone is suppose to release internationally next month, but even then don't expect the chatter to rise that much. It's a Windows Phone after all, and close to 600 GBP for pre-orders on the heels of snapdragon 800 touting android superphones.

nicholasleezt

Sep 9, 2011
Shah Alam
It WAS a buzz...

Haih, yeah. When I had my HTC 7 Mozart almost 2 years ago, everyone is in the buzz, everyday, literally there are new developments from every corner, it was so awesome to have a WP those times. Now, it all simmered down, WPCentral don't post these stuffs anymore & see the threads, nothing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its more of a Windows Phone and XDA thing.

XDA is a community site about hacking phones and phone software/hardware tweaking, and there is very little of that on any Windows Phone 8 device. So don't expect much chatter outside of "How do you like your phone?" and "What color did you get?".

I'm too busy enjoying my device to discuss it anyway. XD
    Chatters is here lol.
    if you want to chat then download any kind of chatting application on your cell phone.
    if you don't know what people are saying then don't reply.