[Q]Superuser Binary needs to be updated?

Search This thread

Krusade

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
Guys I was trying to root my bro's GS3 with odin.. the flashing went perfect, infact there was a SuperSU and CWM app installed too, but when i tired to open the app it was showing that SU bianary needs to be updated..
I even updated the SuperSU from the Play store but was getting the same error essentially.. also tried the Superuser FIxer app from PS but it also stuck at
Gaining root access :fail
I tried flashing the SuperSU 1.51 .zip from the recovery mode by placing it in internal memory but to my surprise the file path of the internal memory was not visible and when i inserted a sdcard and copied the file to it and then tried to flash it thru recovery, it was successfull but got a few erros , something like who file not successful(will try again and post exact same thing in by tomorrow)
in the meanwhile can anybody help me? plz its urgent..

phone was on stock rom 4.3 OS before root

Krusade

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
mods plz move this thread to the QnA section if necessary, i had ticked it while submitting but my browser froze soon after that

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
If you have philz then there is an option tu reroot it in philz settings... Do that and install supersu from play store and it would adj to update binaries just press normal... Done...
Or the other way is supersu1.93 I'd the latest search fit it's thread download zip and flash through recovery...

Sent from my GT-I9300

Reactions: Krusade

Krusade

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
If you have philz then there is an option tu reroot it in philz settings... Do that and install supersu from play store and it would adj to update binaries just press normal... Done...
Or the other way is supersu1.93 I'd the latest search fit it's thread download zip and flash through recovery...

Sent from my GT-I9300
not sure what is philz.. ya just tried flashing the 1.93 but was getting the same error i posted in first part

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

any idea on them? btw thanks for quick reply (y)

Last edited:

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
shall i reflash the file with odin? please reply?

I do not think your ROM is rooted properly. Try to download some software from play store to check whether it is rooted or not.

If not rooted then you have to google and search the rooting process. You have to use computer ODIN to flash and root your phone.

Krusade

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
I do not think your ROM is rooted properly. Try to download some software from play store to check whether it is rooted or not.

If not rooted then you have to google and search the rooting process. You have to use computer ODIN to flash and root your phone.

it isnt rooted.. cause none of the app can acquire the root permission.. thought the SU app is still there.. my question right nw is shall i reflash the same file?

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Do you have a custom recovery? Did you flash cf-auto root? Philz touch is a custom recovery based on cwm. Flash that with odin, go to philz settings and then re-root system.

pjcarrmole

Mar 7, 2011
Manchester
Guys I was trying to root my bro's GS3 with odin.. the flashing went perfect, infact there was a SuperSU and CWM app installed too, but when i tired to open the app it was showing that SU bianary needs to be updated..
I even updated the SuperSU from the Play store but was getting the same error essentially.. also tried the Superuser FIxer app from PS but it also stuck at
Gaining root access :fail
I tried flashing the SuperSU 1.51 .zip from the recovery mode by placing it in internal memory but to my surprise the file path of the internal memory was not visible and when i inserted a sdcard and copied the file to it and then tried to flash it thru recovery, it was successfull but got a few erros , something like who file not successful(will try again and post exact same thing in by tomorrow)
in the meanwhile can anybody help me? plz its urgent..

phone was on stock rom 4.3 OS before root

The simplest place to start is a root checker app (just stick root checker into play store). If it says that you don't have root then you don't simple as that. In which case use CF-AutoRoot program on your pc which will flash both a Custom Recovery (clockworkmod) as well as root... after that, the world is your oyster...

The root checking app is the simplest way to check if you have root though if you're new to stuff like this.

Krusade

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
Do you have a custom recovery? Did you flash cf-auto root? Philz touch is a custom recovery based on cwm. Flash that with odin, go to philz settings and then re-root system.

i'm not sure if its a custom recovery or a stock one, will have to check.. will check and report back by monday.. will also try what @pjcarrmole said... thanks both of you.. will report back..

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
i'm not sure if its a custom recovery or a stock one, will have to check.. will check and report back by monday.. will also try what @pjcarrmole said... thanks both of you.. will report back..

I am sure you were using stock, based on the OP. Get the custom and have a go. If you flash auto root it will give you stock recovery. You need to check philz or cwm threads for the odin flashables.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my GT-I9300