[Q] No sim card detected

Search This thread

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Hi everyone,

I messed a bit with my d802 and finally i used the lg support tool to get it back to stock, but now it can't read my sim card all of a sudden (no sim card inserted).

So the question is where are the sim card files, in the kernel or the rom or the baseband ? and how to get them back so it reads my sim card.

I'd be happy to bring you more info on the problem.

Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem, reflashing the 10B firmware then upgrading to the OTA 12A fixed the issue.

Reactions: mquarmoc
Apr 19, 2014
jeddah
Hi everyone,

I messed a bit with my d802 and finally i used the lg support tool to get it back to stock, but now it can't read my sim card all of a sudden (no sim card inserted).

So the question is where are the sim card files, in the kernel or the rom or the baseband ? and how to get them back so it reads my sim card.

Thanks in advance.

in which country do you live?

Reactions: mquarmoc

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Thanks, worked for me! Perfect .
New LG L22.

OK - good. This is a fairly common "problem" when making significant ROM changes - but doesn't always happen.

In basic terms...

When the phone is powered OFF, it isn't actually completely OFF. Some "parts" are still powered. The SIM card and its register are "parts" that remains powered and the register is sometimes overwritten when a ROM is flashed. This means when the new ROM boots, the SIM card and the register are different, hence no network as the phone assumes a fault.

The SIM card needs to be removed with the power off (NEVER with it on) so the phone detects a SIM swap and the register is refreshed.

TIP: Before flashing a new ROM - always remove the SIM card (with the Power OFF).

Last edited:

dcoloane

Jul 18, 2006
Macau
Did you sort this?

If not try this

Power OFF the phone. Remove the SIM card completely for at least 1 minute.

Re-insert the SIM card, Power ON.

If it works, I'll tell you why...

Hi, I have that problem and it actually works (by removing the SIM and power off for 1 min), but sometimes do not work, can you tell me more about the problem? Thanks

julioforo

Oct 11, 2008
Hey, anyone else with this problem?
My g2 suddenly stopped to recognize my sim card.... everything else works properly...
Should i format the phone? Or it would be a hardware problem?

3GGamer

Feb 20, 2015
No SIM CARD after official lollipop stock rom update

Hi,
I have updated my LG G2 F320L (Korean Version by UPlus) on Lollipop successfully.
But now my SIM Card is not detecting. I am in Pakistan and dont know what to do now.
I tried to restart the phone with no sim and with sim and also flashed the same stock rom again but still no sim card.
I also tried to put the following codes i.e. for IMEI *#06# and for SIM Unlock menu 2945#*320# which didn't work too.
I also did factory reset many times with sim and without sim.
Tried to do rooting throguh Towelroot and Stumproot but no success.

Dear All, Please help as what might be the problem.

majamee

Apr 16, 2011
Hi,
I have updated my LG G2 F320L (Korean Version by UPlus) on Lollipop successfully.
But now my SIM Card is not detecting. I am in Pakistan and dont know what to do now.
I tried to restart the phone with no sim and with sim and also flashed the same stock rom again but still no sim card.
I also tried to put the following codes i.e. for IMEI *#06# and for SIM Unlock menu 2945#*320# which didn't work too.
I also did factory reset many times with sim and without sim.
Tried to do rooting throguh Towelroot and Stumproot but no success.

Dear All, Please help as what might be the problem.
Unfortunately I don't have a solution yet, but I wanted to point out that I am in the same situation ATM. German lg g2 though. Please any new input would be highly appreciated.

3GGamer

Feb 20, 2015
Issue Resolved

Hi I took the phone to the android expert in mobile market in my area SADDAR AREA-RAWALPINDI CITY-PAKISTAN. Where he highlighted that the ROM, Baseband and Radios where not compatible as well as my phone had some EEPROM problem as well. So he hooked a small box like USB device and pushed the ROM into it via OTG along with the new stock ROM. Now my phone is working perfectly fine and I am more than happy and thankful to the expert. My current stock ROM is lollipop version: 5.0.1;)
Unfortunately I don't have a solution yet, but I wanted to point out that I am in the same situation ATM. German lg g2 though. Please any new input would be highly appreciated.

t3chn0s1s

Did you sort this?

If not try this

I know this thread is hella old but, I stumbled upon this (after returning to the G2 temprorarliy - had it back in 2013/14) after restoring a stock LG ROM backup and it wasn't recognizing my SIM card. Anyways, this method worked for me to get the phone to recognize my SIM. Thanks for posting this.

jaysus145

Feb 4, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I know this thread is hella old but, I stumbled upon this (after returning to the G2 temprorarliy - had it back in 2013/14) after restoring a stock LG ROM backup and it wasn't recognizing my SIM card. Anyways, this method worked for me to get the phone to recognize my SIM. Thanks for posting this.

continuing the hella old trend.... this fix did not work for me :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey abdulmuhaimin, thanks for your answer, my country is france with the operator named "Free"

Did you sort this?

If not try this

Thanks, worked for me! Perfect .
    New LG L22.

OK - good. This is a fairly common "problem" when making significant ROM changes - but doesn't always happen.

In basic terms...

When the phone is powered OFF, it isn't actually completely OFF. Some "parts" are still powered. The SIM card and its register are "parts" that remains powered and the register is sometimes overwritten when a ROM is flashed. This means when the new ROM boots, the SIM card and the register are different, hence no network as the phone assumes a fault.

The SIM card needs to be removed with the power off (NEVER with it on) so the phone detects a SIM swap and the register is refreshed.

TIP: Before flashing a new ROM - always remove the SIM card (with the Power OFF).
    Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.
    I had the same problem, reflashing the 10B firmware then upgrading to the OTA 12A fixed the issue.
    Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

in which country do you live?