Flash player

Search This thread

sniper-joe

Sep 28, 2012
Has anyone managed to get flash player working on the 10.1 yet? Is it even compatible with the atom chip?

iamcray

May 31, 2014
Has anyone managed to get flash player working on the 10.1 yet? Is it even compatible with the atom chip?

So far I know Adobe stopped support for flash player in Android 4.0 so that's the last version that really had full flash but you can always download flash browsers like puffin: )

sniper-joe

Sep 28, 2012
So far I know Adobe stopped support for flash player in Android 4.0 so that's the last version that really had full flash but you can always download flash browsers like puffin: )

I have tried many browsers that say they support Flash, but none work so far. I'll give puffin a go.

satseaker

Feb 10, 2011
Dolphin and puffin are the only ones,puffin does it straight on install, dolphin has to be setup to use flash

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
You just go to adobe's website and you have to search but the last flash player for android is 11.1. They have it there I'm their archives. It works great in all my browsers. Even with the messages site put up to upgrade flash player, the content still works.

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
I have tried for several months to get flash working on my 10.1. Amazon Prime Instant to be specific. I have not yet been successful. I have tried every browser and several versions of flash. If anyone has been able to watch AP on their 10. 1, please report back on how you did it. Stock, boat, dolphin, puffin, skyfire, flash fox browsers do not work! (yes, I go into the settings and set it to desktop mode and enable the flash).

M

moonbutt74

hmm

Then you are doing something wrong or you do not have the correct device.
A display of simple manners would be appreciated.

These are the flash support files for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.

m

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
Then you are doing something wrong or you do not have the correct device.
A display of simple manners would be appreciated.

These are the flash support files for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.

m

I apologize my comment came across as rude. Not intended to be so. I am able to play some flash files on my tablet (which is a Tab 3 10.1) but not able to get Amazon Prime videos to work.

M

moonbutt74

it is my misunderstanding

@k8108

Forgive me, I spoke in haste. I offer no excuses, I have wronged you and I offer my sincerest apologies.

I would like to try and continue to work out the flash issue if you are willing.

M

okay so after some reading, the general feel on this is amazon is intentionally breaking the service to non-amazon devices,

there might be something in this http://www.teleread.com/android/watching-amazon-instant-video-on-android-kitkat-devices/ This article was published on Jan 2 2014

Last edited:

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
Thanks for kind offers of help. First let me say that my husband has a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and I have flash working on this tablet for him, so I know how it works to set it up. He watches Amazon Prime videos on this tablet. In my searching I came across the comment that because of the processor of the Tab 3 10.1, streaming video from Amazon will never work (I looked at so many sites and can't remember where it was).

I am using the flash apk provided by moonbutt74.

Here are the different browsers I used and the results - I went into every browser and made sure to set it to desktop mode and enabled flash.
Boat Browser: got a prompt to install Adobe Flash (yes, flash is installed!)
Stock Browser: got a prompt to watch the video on compatible devices, such as Kindle Fire
Firefox Browser: another prompt for compatible devices
Dolphin Browser: compatible device prompt
Puffin Browser came the closest. After selecting the video, the video would load, then the screen would go dark. No video. (This is the paid version of Puffin).
Photon Browser gave the same results as Puffin.

After trying all this, I went into recovery and cleared cache and dalvik. Tried again. Same results. So I am pretty much resigned to no Amazon Prime on this tablet.