PTAB780 Polaroid Kids Tablet 2 (southerntelecom)

Search This thread

Jon4248

Sep 7, 2012
Anyone here on XDA have this tablet? I can't seem to find any info on the internet about it.

I need to reflash it, as the OTA (1.3.1) update failed. It just boot loops between the recovery and the Polaroid logo. Unfortunately Southern Telecom support is telling me there is no update. There is no downloads on there support website for this tablet..not even the original firmware..they want me to send it back to them again. (last time it took two months cause of a screen issue)
It's my sons christmas present and he likes to read books on it.

I am able to connect by ADB, and I pulled the files, but it appears that most of the system files are gone :(
If someone could provide the OTA.zip URL or somehow pull the system files from it that would be soo helpful.
Thanks.

Jon4248

Sep 7, 2012
Anyone here on XDA have this tablet? I can't seem to find any info on the internet about it.

I need to reflash it, as the OTA (1.3.1) update failed. It just boot loops between the recovery and the Polaroid logo. Unfortunately Southern Telecom support is telling me there is no update. There is no downloads on there support website for this tablet..not even the original firmware..they want me to send it back to them again. (last time it took two months cause of a screen issue)
It's my sons christmas present and he likes to read books on it.

I am able to connect by ADB, and I pulled the files, but it appears that most of the system files are gone :(
If someone could provide the OTA.zip URL or somehow pull the system files from it that would be soo helpful.
Thanks.
:victory:
I found the file. I uploaded it to HERE incase anyone else needs it. Hope this helps someone.

WickedStepMom

Sep 29, 2014
Polaroid Kids Tablet PTAB780 and User Guide and Updates that won't download

I purchased two of the Polaroid Kids Tablet 2, model PTAB780 for my grandsons for Christmas. I’m setting up games that I know they like to play on their parent’s phones. I’d like a user manual to help me understand the tablets. They came with a Quick Start Guide but I want, no need more. When I look online I only find a user guide for model PTAB750 but once I got it downloaded I see it is just another Quick Start Guide. Even if it would help, when I try to print, it wants to condense it to just one sheet.

On both of the tablets, the AppShop home screen will not load (see attached picture) and I’m afraid that it is draining the battery. Is there a way to remove this widget from the home screen? Is this being addressed in the OTA Update Kids Tablet Version 1.3.1? I’m having difficulties getting this to download, I’ve tried four times now with no luck, Yesterday after 8.5 hours, the download stopped at 612.68 MB with no reason why it stopped. Today it stopped after 7 hours and the message I got is DOWNLOADING FAILED, PLEASE CHECK YOUR NETWORK. This last time I had half of it downloaded and there was nothing wrong with the network as I was using my PC at the time with no problem. I’ve tried downloading with nothing else using the network and that didn’t help.

I clicked in the link in the above post where It was posted a solution was but when there I found no answer other than to install a MEGA app.

I will call (1-877-768-8481) or email (customer-support@southerntelecom.com) tomorrow about this problem and see if there is a way they can email me this file to my home PC and if it could then be transferred to a micro SD card and some how be uploaded from it or do a transfer via a USB cable but there again a User Guide would be great to answer questions I have.

I really need assistance as I'm trying to get these tablets set up for my grandsons before Christmas.

Thanks.

pallin08

Jan 4, 2015
Thank you for the link!
Can you give me some quick instructions of how to re-install the rom please!
Thanks

alexlsd

Jan 10, 2015
frimware

Hello friends
I have tablet PTAB780, need frimware.img you have this frimware or recovery.img ?
You can do a backup for me, I to delete the old frimware from a tablet and now to have a problem (((
Wait your answer very soon.
BR Alex

Jon4248

Sep 7, 2012
I do not have IMG files for the PTAB780, and none are online. I suggest contacting support @ http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/ and requesting it.

I just the OTA.zip which can be used in the recovery on the device via apply update from zip.

My son no longer has this tablet as the wifi busted on it, so now he has an IPAD mini.

ShareAKee8

Nov 20, 2015
tablet PTAB780 Version 1.3.1- message "Update for new version..." I it possible to u

Tablet PTAB780 Version 1.3.1- message "Update for new version..."
Is it possible to update?

Last edited: