[APP] Finger friendly Bible App - UPDATE | 15/02/11 | BETA v. 0.1

Search This thread

lagbaja

Jun 27, 2005
New direction on the app.

The layout has been updated to provide faster chapter navigation, I've also added a notes feature for people who would like to take notes. Search feature has been added.

Todo:
Convert database to flat file for faster load

Will add more to the list as I go through old requests in this thread.

Installation
Download the attached rbBiblev2Installer.CAB (7.16 MB), this will install two sqlce files if they are not already present in your rom, I would recommend installing the app on your sdcard and the sqlce files on your internal storage; you may also require 3.5 compact framework as it may not be preinstalled on your rom.

Feedback/input
=============

User input/feedback highly appreciated

Screenshots will be added shortly

Compatible Devices: TG01, HD2, TP2, Xperia X1, Touch Diamond
Supported Resolutions: WVGA
=============

Attachments

• Screen28.jpg
    Screen28.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2,703
  • Screen22.jpg
    Screen22.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3,226
  • Screen23.jpg
    Screen23.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,463
  • Screen24.jpg
    Screen24.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,789
  • Screen20.jpg
    Screen20.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,099
  • Screen21.jpg
    Screen21.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,964
  • rbBiblev2Installer.CAB
    7.2 MB · Views: 1,731
Last edited:

lagbaja

Jun 27, 2005
Error Messages + Resolutions

Thanks everyone,

If you are experiencing the following
-------------------
"romabravoBible.exe
MissingMethodException
File or assembly name 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3BE235DF1C8D2AD3', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

------------------

Please try installing these cabs; they are for sqlce, it seems to be missing by default in some ROMs

------------------------------------------ OLD VERSION -------------------------------------------------------
My first mobile app - BETA v. 0.5

I was searching for a finger friendly bible app but couldn't find one so I created this app.

Thanks @MalekoUK, for providing the host space for the app.

Compatible Devices: TG01, HD2, TP2, Xperia X1, Touch Diamond
Supported Resolutions: WVGA

If you're having problems installing/running the app, you will be pleased to know that it is also available in the Windows Phone Marketplace, the installer in the marketplace installs the two sqlce cabs while the marketplace installs .NETCF.

Change Log 0.5
Book, Translation list and downloadable list now uses Microsoft gesture
Decided not to seperate OT/NT as the Microsoft gestures are faster and smoother
Book names now loaded from database
Verse view left/right gesture implemented, right to left = next while left to right = previous chapter
Chapter select includes verse input
Search now goes to the Chapter and corressponding verse
More translations added many thanks to Hundera

Todo List
============
Enable text selection (copy/paste) when viewing verses
Bookmark of verse
Work on QVGA version

Change Log 0.2.2
More translations added (Books view in ENGLISH will update in the future):
Elberfelder Übersetzung - GERELB, American Standard Version - ASV, Bible in Basic English - BBE, Tradução de João Ferreira... - JFA-RC, Swedish Bible - SWE, Dutch Statenvertaling - DUTSV

I have also added a new easier method to add new translations in the future without having to re-install the app

Verse view now utilises Microsoft's Gesture, scrollbar available as well.

Change Log 0.2.1
Last read chapter remembered on exit
Application can now be minimised and no longer covers the start menu
Next and Previous chapter implemented
New Splash screen
Top bar height reduced
Search result now displays the chapters when clicked

Change Log 0.2
New book display includes total chapters
Added a button pad to input chapters - saves time scrolling through psalms
Translation selection list
Downloadables panel for bibles

Todo List
============
Utilise Microsofts Gesture scrolling for book list.
Optimise the search function, I had to scrap my current algorithm which splits words entered and searches per word and the results are joined using the union keyword. this method works but its very slow.
enable text selection (copy/paste) when viewing verses

New Download location - http://www.romabravo.com/mobile-apps/romabravo-finger-friendly-bible/13.aspx

Kindly let me know if these resolves the database exception.

Attachments

• sqlce.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB
    736.2 KB · Views: 3,050
  • sqlce.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB
    337.1 KB · Views: 1,517
Last edited:

amtom37

Jul 14, 2007
Thank you!

Thank you, but, this won't work on my HTC Touch Pro 2? I keep getting error messages.. In any event, I hope so! Thank you for your time and efforts!

:)

Last edited:

agentaaron

Aug 17, 2008
Albuquerque
I am getting an error as well :( I would really love for this app to work on my US HD2

"romabravoBible.exe
MissingMethodException
File or assembly name 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3BE235DF1C8D2AD3', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

kevev

May 22, 2006
Another user here with 2 HD2's. I am very interested in this app. :)

Last edited:

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
Nice work on starting this project. I'll keep an eye on it but I wanted to encourage you as you get started.

lagbaja

Jun 27, 2005
I am getting an error as well :( I would really love for this app to work on my US HD2

"romabravoBible.exe
MissingMethodException

i will look into the database exception, It's strange as my test devices were the HD2 and the TG01

geetarman

Jul 21, 2009
"romabravoBible.exe
MissingMethodException

getting same error on Touch Pro running NFSFAN's WM 6.5.5 sense 2.5 custom rom. From the screenshots this is the best looking Bible app i have seen. I look forward to being able to use it

Last edited:

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Hi

Could you enable your reader to say 'read' the Bible file for Pocket Sword? I like the ESV which is offered free by Pocket Sword, but you need to pay for it if you get it from other Bible Reader like Laridian or Olive Tree. It seems like the owner has the licence to use it for free.

Zailynne

Aug 5, 2009

"romabravoBible.exe
MissingMethodException

Getting the same thing on my HD...

Otherwise, if you get it working, then it will be great! I've always used Pocket E-sword, but it isn't finger friendly at all, and I've always wanted a finger friendly bible app. Keep up the good work, your really awesome! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for a great app works great with my hd2.
    Is it possible in the latest version to select a different bible version without internet access because everytime I try to change it needs internet access. This didn't happen with the previous version.