Overall, there is no reason why phones should cost more than 300 dollars

Search This thread

teknoflipp

Jun 5, 2015
The pricing for these phones unlocked is ridiculous. ANd if you want it cheap you are binded under contract. That is why I have cricket. Got my awesome ZTE phone for 160 with no contracts. I have a friend that is still paying for his phone plus 120 dollars each month on phone bills. That is way too much!

Reactions: Tyaginator

Tyaginator

Jun 27, 2013
Noida
The pricing for these phones unlocked is ridiculous. ANd if you want it cheap you are binded under contract. That is why I have cricket. Got my awesome ZTE phone for 160 with no contracts. I have a friend that is still paying for his phone plus 120 dollars each month on phone bills. That is way too much!

I agree:thumbup:

You don't want to know how much the Marketing costs.....

The campaign for the iPhone 6, for example, cost Apple a meagre 850 million dollars. The one for the S6 was somewhere around 600 million.

Now guess who has to pay for that...

Not to mention, do you have any idea how much money is paid in patent fees to other companies for every device? Of your 700 quid phone, 400 quid goes to about 60 different companies for the use of about 600 patents. 200 alone are Microsoft's.

Then there's development costs. Loads of prototypes, trial and error.... And phones don't drop out of the sky, the developers, engineers, designers, r&d staff and everyone else involved has to get paid, too.

Then there's psychology. They tested this in the USA. Give people the option between two identical phones, one for 300 quid and one for 700 quid, and 93% will buy the 700 quid one.

Why? Image. They think a pricy phone makes them appear(and feel) more rich and accomplished. And because of that, they feel a cheaper phone is of a lower quality.

People are incredibly gullible and susceptible when it comes to outside appearances. They'd rather waste 400 quid so they can boast to everyone about how their phone was so very expensive. It makes them feel better.

How many times have we heard this argument: "You're just hating on Apple because you're too poor to buy an iPhone".

And that's why we pay ridiculous amounts for a smartphone: because that's what the masses want to pay.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk

shadowcore

Apr 26, 2013
Hell
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Poco F3
Well, the poster above nailed it.

You should also add more factors:
Screen resolution is a gimmick. If you have more than 250PPI or 300PPI, you wont really notice the pixels, unless you facehug your phone.
Performance. From the qualcom S400, S600, S800 lineup, you will probably be set forever. Unless you are a gamer, you dont feel the difference.
Smartphone camera. Get a DSLR, you will do better pictures and get it cheaper instead of paying more for nothing.

RAM is the only good thing about new phones. Having more RAM is always better because you cannot expect the guys who develop apps to be careful enough to do the most basic thing and remove the most dangerous memory leaks or their apps eating huge chunks of memory.

Last edited:

blastoise91

Jan 12, 2014
Yeah marketing costs, but there are always phones with good price, quality and performance. Think about some Xiaomi, Lenovo, Jiayu....

pinckston

Feb 25, 2016
In the UK carphone warehouse sell payg phones but their handsets are unlocked to all networks! Just have to buy a top up when you purchase the handset then you can use any sim, no extortionate sim-free prices!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.