[SOLVED] DS bricked

Search This thread

PerfectJam

Jan 11, 2013
Hi guys,

I got a DS down, but finally, after research, I wonder if it is not simply bricked.

The guy who I recovered from told me after an exchange of large files via Bluetooth between the tablet and DS, this one was completely blocked until turn off.

Since then, it has never turned back. But now that I have connected it to the PC or charger, the indicator (orange) battery lights up.

This is a good sign? or nothing to do?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hi guys,

I got a DS down, but finally, after research, I wonder if it is not simply bricked.

The guy who I recovered from told me after an exchange of large files via Bluetooth between the tablet and DS, this one was completely blocked until turn off.

Since then, it has never turned back. But now that I have connected it to the PC or charger, the indicator (orange) battery lights up.

Thank you for your help.

pull the battery out n put back in then press and hold volume down then press and hold power button (so both same time) see what happens. Hopefully it will boot into bootloader

Reactions: PerfectJam

PerfectJam

Jan 11, 2013
I can't boot in bootloader neither. The phone isn't recognized by my PC, only charging...

Other idea guy ? Or it's really dead ? :)

PS : Ok I have news. When I go out and return the battery while I press the three buttons (on / off, sound and sound + -), the DS vibrates 5 ​​times, it is also connected to my PC, it now tells me that my battery is fully charged (green indicator).

I also have this message on the PC, which has sought a pilot. And he said finally, no driver has been found.

PS 2 : I follow this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669498 for install this drivers... now i have Echec (= fail)

Last edited:

Aquous

Aug 16, 2012
This is a known problem; google "qhsusb_dload". Unfortunately, I have never seen this with a Desire S before so I wouldn't know what to do... :(

PerfectJam

Jan 11, 2013
Yes, I just see it, can not find post about the Desire S. ..

No luck: (

PS : Definitely dead, solved !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nobody has an idea ? :(

Im not 100% sure but for the normal htc desire, when the phone vibrates 7 times, its means hardware failure and only shop can fix or get a new motherboard. So im guessing that the 5 vibrations for the desire s means the same thing. Sorry.
    Hi guys,

Thank you for your help.

pull the battery out n put back in then press and hold volume down then press and hold power button (so both same time) see what happens. Hopefully it will boot into bootloader