To those of you who are knowledgeable about computer phone hardware, what would you s

Search This thread

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I asked this before with a previous phone, but I'm curious on what the note 3 might be compared to in a laptop computer, Mac or PC. Yes it's a question, but I felt that q&a section was not looked at as frequently as general. Sorry mods if I broke a rule. This is just a general question AND trying to get more activity in our section.

Frito37

May 1, 2009
Indianapolis,Indiana
As far as how fast it is compared to a computer? Hard to say. Theres huge hardware differences and architecture and systems.

You'd be better of just comparing it to other things running android. Theres a few cross platform benchmarks i guess if you wanna compare that way.

I mean you could look at the parts specs and stuff and maybe figure out more from that. /shrug

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
It is much stronger spec wise than a net book .... Does about as much as a chrome book ... Can't touch the usefulness of a true laptop ... But I do use a Asus g75vw with 16gb ram 1.5tb HD and a 2gb video card ... It could do as much as a entry level laptop

You can download torrents etc from it but can't really expect it to do really complex computing
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Swyzzlestickz

Jul 13, 2009
Chicago, IL
I asked this before with a previous phone, but I'm curious on what the note 3 might be compared to in a laptop computer, Mac or PC. Yes it's a question, but I felt that q&a section was not looked at as frequently as general. Sorry mods if I broke a rule. This is just a general question AND trying to get more activity in our section.

I would say it is compared to PC because there is so much bloat on there from the manufacturer. If it had been sleek and bare bones would say MAC. answer your question?