[Q] Kindle bricked - stuck on yellow triangle recovery screen

Search This thread

healedyou

Jun 23, 2014
Hello,

I've been working on a KF that was previously rooted - and now will only boot to this screen:
Attached - BootScreen

I was able to previously access TWRP, but now after trying to wipe the kindle, it will no longer boot to that.

When accessing the KF via a fastboot cable, this is how the device is recognized:
Attached - Driver

Running options in KFU, I receive:
Attached - KFU

I've had the most luck with the "KINDLE FIRE HD System.img Recovery Tool"
Attached - SystemImage
It allows me to remotely reboot my kindle, and says that it successfully writes a new image on the device(downloaded a fresh blank one) but the KF will boot to the yellow triangle screen every time thereafter regardless.

Any other suggestions on what I could do?

Attachments

• BootScreen.jpg
    BootScreen.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Driver.png
    Driver.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 49
  • KFU.png
    KFU.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 42
  • SystemImage.png
    SystemImage.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 40

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
Did you use option 3 to restore the factory recovery? That should fix your issue. This is a Kindle fire HD right? Not a Kindle fire 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

healedyou

Jun 23, 2014
Did you use option 3 to restore the factory recovery? That should fix your issue. This is a Kindle fire HD right? Not a Kindle fire 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My model is D01400.

Option 3 confirmed that it worked, but upon rebooting the Kindle it still goes to the yellow triangle screen.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
My model is D01400.

Option 3 confirmed that it worked, but upon rebooting the Kindle it still goes to the yellow triangle screen.

You have an original Kindle Fire 8GB. Don't use any utility unless for a Kindle Fire or you will hard brick your tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Don't use the fastboot cord, your stuck in fastboot. That's what that yellow triangle is. Use your USB cord and read up a bit, you should be able to recover just fine. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2037513

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app