Best keyboard for Note PRO 12.2

Search This thread

petercohen

Aug 22, 2014
Hi, I am looking for a lightweight and comfortable keyboard for the PRO 12.2 Some users use the Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810. How is it compared with the Tablet Keyboard for Windows and Android? Is there any other keyboard that is lighter and comfortable to type than these two? I am also interested in foldable ones.

Tablet keyboard for windows and android
Wedge mobile keyboard
Arc keyboard

Sorry can't post outside links due to restrictions from forum.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
My tablet keyboard for Windows and android sucks. ..batteries.

The AAA batteries inside will discharge even with the physical power switch turned off. This means that regardless of use I end up with about 6 weeks on a set of 4 and I rarely use the keyboard. It could be that my unit has a faulty power switch though. The radio within the keyboard turns off (keyboard no longer seen by my devices) as does the LEDs when the keyboard is switched off but perhaps there's still a bad connection internally. Thought i'd mention it anyway though.

Other than that it works perfectly fine for me so I've lived with it for the past couple of years.

The reason that I rarely use the keyboard is that I always have both my macbook pro and the note pro with me at home, work or travel so I haven't felt the need to carry the separate keyboard too. I'm sort of stuck in between the decision of whether or not i should bulk up my note pro with a keyboard case thus making it nearly as big as my macbook pro or should I stick with the external keyboard I rarely use LOL. With 90% of what I do with the note pro being browsing and media consumption thus far I haven't dropped money on a keyboard case.

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
I picked up the AERB IBK-02 keyboard from Amazon. It's fairly comfortable to type on and is just slightly wider than the tablet. It fits nicely in the base of my tablet's case when I have it open for reading. So far, I'm pleased with the performance and comfortabilty of the keyboard. It also has a trackpad on the right side of the keyboard which is a huge plus....Unfortunately it loses connectivity with a regularity my bowels would envy. For the price, it is extremely good. Issues with the trackpad aside, I can't complain about anything else....And I suppose I can just touch the screen, ya know.

I'm going to do a full review of it...After rebooting the tablet my trackpad issues essentially vanished. This keyboard is perfect.

Last edited:

Isun

Nov 9, 2008
I have been using the Logitech K400 because of the built in mouse pad similar to the above mentioned keyboard.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r?crid=26

I have since discovered there are two updated versions that may suit others needs with the Note Pro even better. One is very similar to the K800 but has a mouse pad and is backlit. It looks like an awesome keyboard but I am not sure a backlit keyboard is best for my portable needs. I guess I can always turn the lights off to conserve energy. It uses the 2.4GHz wireless adapter.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/living-room-keyboard-k830?crid=26

The last one is the K480 which is a bluetooth device with a unique design. It has a slot to hold your phone or a smaller tablet and can sync with up to 3 devices. This doesn't seem like it would hold our 12.2 tablet but for those who already have a stand and just want a keyboard this might work if you want to sync to multiple devices.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/multi-device-keyboard-k480?crid=26

Last edited:

naruto.ninjakid

Jun 4, 2012
I've got the K810. It's very light and 5mm smaller than the tablet itself. (Easy to put in the same sleeve or bag).

I do also on occasion use OTG to connect to a fairly cheap (10 quid) foldable USB keyboard.

I don't own any of the others, so I can't compare.

K810 on sale on Amazon got one for $55

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk 2