[qHD skin for iGO] 960x540 skin for Motorola Atrix / HTC Sensation (Updated Dec. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
Guys, I have specifically added the link to APK + content folder as the very first link in post #1.

2 in 1 - LATEST iGO VERSION 179971 thin 1.7 + FINAL qHD SKIN VERSION 3.3.3 (MirrorCreator)

If you have problems installing that, post specific details.

mayeradam

Apr 28, 2010
3D north-up issue

Hi guys, thank your very much for this nice package, works just fine on my Sensation!

I noticed something though.. When I turn on "Automatic Panorama", and disable "Map Rotation" (to get north-up view in 2D), then the program starts displaying the map in north-up rotation in 3D(!) view, too!

Actually, when a turn is coming up, and the view returns back from panorama mode to 3D, everything is OK, but, if the second turn is in less distance than the value set in "Distance Panorama" (so the view still stays in 3D), then 3D gets messed up. Viewing 3D in north-up rotation is kinda funny, but annoying. :)

Anybody else noticed this issue? Anybody got an idea how to solve it?

Thank you very much,
Adam

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
I am not sure if the original devs hang around this thread anymore, but in case noone answers your questions, you might wanna contact mariupol1963 or sodycc via PM.

These are the guys that did the development for qHD iGo on Android.

Reactions: mayeradam

sodycc

Jul 23, 2009
Basel
@mayeradam - Default 3D north-up issue

There is only one command for north-up or map rotation, valid for both 3D and 2D view.

the english menu is a little bit misleading, since it suggests to be valid only for panoramic view - but in fact, it steers all views.

Reactions: mayeradam

mayeradam

Apr 28, 2010
@mayeradam - Default 3D north-up issue

There is only one command for north-up or map rotation, valid for both 3D and 2D view.

the english menu is a little bit misleading, since it suggests to be valid only for panoramic view - but in fact, it steers all views.
I understand, thank you for your reply. I just used iGO 2008 on my WM6.1 phone for many years, and it was showing the map in panorama north-up view by default, and when a turn was coming, it switched to a normal/correct 3D view. I never had any problem with that. I just thought that iGO got this feature on Android as well, and there's just a bug/issue in the data.gro file that I downloaded from here.

sodycc

Jul 23, 2009
Basel
I understand, thank you for your reply. I just used iGO 2008 on my WM6.1 phone for many years, and it was showing the map in panorama north-up view by default, and when a turn was coming, it switched to a normal/correct 3D view. I never had any problem with that. I just thought that iGO got this feature on Android as well, and there's just a bug/issue in the data.gro file that I downloaded from here.
Yeah, bro, was a feature in old WinMo times.... but the Android version is a ported version of iGo Primo... and the Primo was never as good as the WinMo version...

this was for long time the killer to switch to Android... but once the first data.gro was ported for the sensation resolution, I put a huge effort in skinning it to be as closed as the WinM version...

darkobas

Jan 11, 2011
plus.google.com
i am having issues with this thin version 1.7.

it looks its not "associated" as a map program... so i can not "share" data to it !?

If i select navigate from some other program.. it would popup window with which program... and i only get to select google, maps, earth, locus ect... not igo... it used to be igo aswell

regards

sodycc

Jul 23, 2009
Basel
this is not iGO related... as example, with folder organizer, it works... after the iGO installation, just need to select from the contacts the navigation entry, then you can choose your preferred navi (see attachement)... iGO then ressolves the address during startup and navigates you to your contact directly

Attachments

• 2012-04-02_12-17-17.jpg
    2012-04-02_12-17-17.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 224

purbukpbho

Apr 2, 2012
Hlep- how do i download this?

Guys, I have specifically added the link to APK + content folder as the very first link in post #1.

2 in 1 - LATEST iGO VERSION 179971 thin 1.7 + FINAL qHD SKIN VERSION 3.3.3 (MirrorCreator)

If you have problems installing that, post specific details.

Could you please explain how to download the files? thank you so much in advance!

ViktorX

Jul 15, 2007
Is there Stock iGO skin for this resolution or even Tiger skin because it was nice and I have stock and Tiger skins for any other resolution so if anyone need's it i can upload it send it to you via PM... ;)

Last edited:

blackdog7

Mar 29, 2008
Budapest
Hi sodycc!

I'm using your skin since December and I like the minimalist style very.
I attached here a screenshot of my route.
As you see it isn't enough space for the description of my approx. place. (On the picture I mean "Névtelen út, Mezőkövesd kö...") Can I disable the actual speed somehow? Honestly I don't understand why we need to see the act.speed in a car.
If the speed wouldn't be there than it can be more space for the approx.place.

My second remark - and it is valid for all android igo skin - that the arrow by this navigation view is placed too bottom of the screen. So I cannot exactly see, where I must to turn after the next curve. I think if the arrow would be in the center of the screen - as it was by the winmo versions -, than it would be much informative and aesthetic.

Thx for your work!

Bye,
B. aus Ungarn ;-)

Attachments

• 2012-03-22_12-14-52.jpg
    2012-03-22_12-14-52.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 434

Rennert

Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for the link. I unpacked and put the whole "ui_android" folder in iGO/ and I didn't see the color showing on the compass, I think I didn't do it right. Will you please tell me where exactly the file should be saved in the iGO. Thanks.

EDIT: It's working NOW :)

how can i see the compass on navigation screen? file is in ui_android/common. see only in overview screen.

thx

...Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: The point of this thread is not to spread warez. This is a qHD iGO skin for those that own a legitimate copy of iGO for Android.

Credits: The original skin was created by a user mariupol1963. Other thin versions were developed and are supported by luboz. Cheers to these guys!
    I will try to get in touch with him and see if he accepts donations for his good work.

I have personally tested this and it works on my phone. Instructions below.

Instructions:

- Download the skin. (latest version 3.3.3 from mariupol1963 link below)

- Uninstall your current iGO version. Remove everything from the folder iGO/save on your SD card, except for user.upoi, /routes, poi_visibilities.txt

- Extract the archive. Copy everything from the folder "iGO" to your iGO folder on the SD card. If files exist - overwrite.

- Install iGOMyWay_8.4.2.XXXXXX_thin_v1.X.apk (latest version 1.7 from luboz link below)

LATEST iGO VERSION 179971 thin 1.7 - [from luboz, sodycc and mariupol1963 with CZ, FR, DE & SK languages and speecam patch + other fixes] (Multiupload)
    FINAL qHD SKIN VERSION 3.3.3 - [v3.3.3.111126 960x540 from mariupol1963] (Multiupload)

Mod: SODYCC iGO8 Android Skin qHD - FINAL @ post #341

Mods:
    Mod: A color compass mod by pannicpda, download at post #208
    Mod: SVOX voice with iGo on android by Sodycc, instructions at post #214
    Mod: New seasonal GFS schemes for V 1.4 qHD by sodycc (UPDATED Nov. 3), download at post #246
    Mod: A work in progress German translation for V 1.4 qHD by sodycc, download at post #119

[alternative qHD skin by BobRoberts @ xda]

Comments from developer of thin versions @luboz:
    1. speedcam.txt is supported ->
    Only need to add to sys.txt
    has_secondary_root=0
    Thx to stegra1000 for this knowledge.

If somebody need this, there is Thins of old iGO.
    I recomended to try Thin 1.2 of old iGO for stock roms (use external command "toolbox ln" to create links).
    For custom roms I recomended Thin 1.1 of old iGO (use "ln" commands to create links)

Note: It's highly recommended to use the new versions, since they work better with 2.3.4 roms, resolving voice issues.
    Link to old versions - http://www.multiupload.com/NOQI48DGCI

:cool: ENJOY! :cool:
    I can't install iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_thin_v1.2.1.apk over iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_thin_v1.2.apk. I have to uninstall v1.2 first and after that install v.1.2.1, right?

No!!!

1.2.1 is NOT a full apk.

It is a patch for save some space in internal storage.
    For your device You don't need this.

A few days will be a new version 3.3
    Here the modded version V5 :D:D:D:

http://www.multiupload.com/F6K3O9H4VP

New:
    - black main menu background
    - black night skin mod
    - coloured compass in day skin
    - sound on/off button via map control
    - black main menu background for Amigo style
    - direct exit on long click (long click on exit button)
    - Direct iGO-exit from map - on long click on speed pad
    - New day skin mod (from yellow to gray)
    - Improved Amigo menu (bigger buttons, looks cool now)
    - Rearrangement of altitude - now on the upper right corner
    - Direct sound switch: Longclick on turn pad --> SOUND OFF
    - Longlick on next turn pad --> SOUND ON

- Turn pads new arranged, roundabout adjusted
    - Smaller second turn pad
    - SpeedCam: Speed limit text adjusted
    - Altitude: now on the right side with no route
    - Huge bunch of realingments

Happy testing!
    SODYCC iGO8 Android Skin qHD - FINAL

HERE IS THE FINAL VERSION!!!
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

- huge bunch of small adjustments (mainly on settings)
    - for german users: check out the new german language gro (fits with the new german data.gro)
    - sys.txt optimized
    - GFX backgrounds optimized
    - both UK and GER data.gro adjusted

Included in the package is:

- full german version incl. guide
    - guide for use of TTS speedcam for other languages
    - guide to change the loading screens
    - loading screen examples
    - tool to convert the gro into zip and vice versa

http://www.multiupload.com/6B847KXLJ9

Have fun with iGO8 for Android!!!

THX to all who contributed to make this happen, especially for luboz (engine), mariupol1963 (base skin) & BobRoberts (automated shutdown script)
    NEW Skin_mariupol_sodyccMod_V3

Here the modded version V3 - maybe the final one:D:D:D:

http://www.multiupload.com/YB7URBYR6N

New:
    - black main menu background
    - black night skin mod
    - coloured compass in day skin
    - sound on/off button via map control
    - black main menu background for Amigo style
    - direct exit on long click (long click on exit button)

- Direct iGO-exit from map - on long click on speed pad
    - New day skin mod (from yellow to gray)
    - Improved Amigo menu (bigger buttons, looks cool now)
    - Minor layout adjustments

Planned:
    - nothing so far for me

Cheers

PS. ALL credits go to luboz and mariupol for their tremendous work on the engine and skin !!!