[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yw2012

May 25, 2009
Something's wrong mate, check whats draining your battery. I hear media server or something like for few, soln is to delete dsp or replace dsp manager from cm9 and replace media provider from cm9. it's got to do with the external card scan. Not sure why only few see it.

Media server draining only 8%. I will calibrate my battery today and see what happen. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
I've had a Bluetooth issue on all ICS roms, including Slim: neither Win7 nor OSX recognizes that the phone supports OBEX (file transfers).

I can send a file from the phone (from Gallery, for example), but I used to be able to send files from the computer to the phone, too. Now OBEX isn't even listed as a capability after I pair with the computer. The only services Win7 lists are PandoraLink and SyncProxy.

This isn't the connectivity issue that I've seen discussed in the forums. I can pair and connect without any problems at all.

The other two T959s that I deal with (wife & biz partner) exhibit the same behavior.

Did something change in ICS, or are we mysteriously the only three people with the problem? :D

anilo

Aug 9, 2010
I don't think anything is up with ICS. I usually transfer ROMs (including Slim) via Bluetooth and never had a problem. One thing I do, instead of going to OBEX, is to select the file and right-click on it. There you see Send to Bluetooth Device. It works every time.

michaelh99

Sep 10, 2010
Flame me if you must but I'm at work so can't spend a lot of time trolling the thread for this...

Has anyone else reported the problem where GPS initially works but after using a few GPS enabled apps (maps, gps test, facebook) it just stops working, period.

The only thing that seems to re-enable it is a reboot.

unfortunately the latest essentials didn't fix this.

The initial lock after flashing was lightning fast and rock solid.

It even worked after loading and unloading several gps-using apps.

It still worked after turning the gps off and back on.

It even worked after a few deep sleeps (verified using cpu spy)

It even worked on the drive home.

After sitting on the counter for a few hours while I did other stuff, it didn't work anymore.

I loaded gps test and the gps icon never showed up. turning the gps off and back on didn't help.
cpu spy helped me verify that the phone wasn't deep sleeping anymore either.

Only thing that fixed this was a reboot.

If there are any tests I can run to help get data to fix the problem just let me know.

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
I don't think anything is up with ICS. I usually transfer ROMs (including Slim) via Bluetooth and never had a problem. One thing I do, instead of going to OBEX, is to select the file and right-click on it. There you see Send to Bluetooth Device. It works every time.

Interesting, I didn't think of using the Send menu but it works, thanks.
Not sure what my buddy will do on OSX, but that's his problem...

convotutor

May 5, 2011
Hey Great Rom!
I'm coming from ICS Euphoria RC 1 and just installed Slim 2.9.
I thought Euphoria was smooth, but this is real smooth and so far no issues.

Just a quick question, is there any way to remove the google search bar on top of the homescreens?
i noticed the search soft button works on the vibrant and it seems redundant to have 2 search functions.

Thanks

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
Hey Great Rom!
I'm coming from ICS Euphoria RC 1 and just installed Slim 2.9.
I thought Euphoria was smooth, but this is real smooth and so far no issues.

Just a quick question, is there any way to remove the google search bar on top of the homescreens?
i noticed the search soft button works on the vibrant and it seems redundant to have 2 search functions.

Thanks

Slim doesn't have a search bar :confused: since it uses zeam as the stock launcher.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

convotutor

May 5, 2011
hehe
if it was that easy I wouldn't have asked...
I tried going into Google search and brought up the settings menu and no go.
I looked for it in the ass menu and no go...

thanks for the reply.

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
unfortunately the latest essentials didn't fix this.

The initial lock after flashing was lightning fast and rock solid.

It even worked after loading and unloading several gps-using apps.

It still worked after turning the gps off and back on.

It even worked after a few deep sleeps (verified using cpu spy)

It even worked on the drive home.

After sitting on the counter for a few hours while I did other stuff, it didn't work anymore.

I loaded gps test and the gps icon never showed up. turning the gps off and back on didn't help.
cpu spy helped me verify that the phone wasn't deep sleeping anymore either.

Only thing that fixed this was a reboot.

If there are any tests I can run to help get data to fix the problem just let me know.

I can confirm 100% that if you install subzero's build 34 kernel (latest one) and the gps files from my thread, you will have working gps even after deep sleep. Had mine running for 3 days without a reboot.
Oh, and the battery life is better (undervolt by -25 to -50 across the board - some phones undervolt better than others), plus you can use voodoo sound too! And if you are interested in overclocking, go ahead. Personally, I'm fine with stock speeds using the Smartassv2 governor.
Win win! I enjoy.
Note : it will take about 40-60 seconds to find a lock after deep sleep, just be patient. And choosing the right modem for your location makes a difference. There is a great thread on here somewhere with full comparisons.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1550327

Last edited:

michaelh99

Sep 10, 2010
I can confirm 100% that if you install subzero's build 34 kernel (latest one) and the gps files from my thread, you will have working gps even after deep sleep. Had mine running for 3 days without a reboot.
Oh, and the battery life is better (undervolt by -25 to -50 across the board - some phones undervolt better than others), plus you can use voodoo sound too! And if you are interested in overclocking, go ahead. Personally, I'm fine with stock speeds using the Smartassv2 governor.
Win win! I enjoy.
Note : it will take about 40-60 seconds to find a lock after deep sleep, just be patient. And choosing the right modem for your location makes a difference. There is a great thread on here somewhere with full comparisons.

What order did you install those files? You don't have steps in your thread and you still mention that they only work with stock slim kernel.

I installed the kernel, yaggf2, experia in that order.

The first lock took forever. It appeared to fail again after I toggled wifi off and back on in between tests but after leaving gps test running for a while the gps status icon showed up again.
Unfortunately it looks like it's preventing deep sleep just like stock. I'll do some more testing tonight and see how it goes.

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
What order did you install those files? You don't have steps in your thread and you still mention that they only work with stock slim kernel.

I installed the kernel, yaggf2, experia in that order.

The first lock took forever. It appeared to fail again after I toggled wifi off and back on in between tests but after leaving gps test running for a while the gps status icon showed up again.
Unfortunately it looks like it's preventing deep sleep just like stock. I'll do some more testing tonight and see how it goes.

OK.. First thing you need to do is make sure you have all 3 zips (subzero's build 34, yaggf2 and experia). You should also get the ultimate kernel cleaning script, this makes a difference in this process.

Boot to recovery, run the kernel cleaning script, then install subzero's build 34 kernel . Clear cache and dalvik, then reboot phone, checking you now have subzero's build 34 kernel.
Boot back in to recovery, install yaggf2 and then experia.
Reboot and then open gps status app, preferably outside to get a strong first time lock.
And you should be good to go.

I'm using KA6 modem, it's been best all round for me anywhere I've been on the west coast. If you decide to try this modem, make this the first thing you flash, reboot and the follow my instructions.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

where are the call reject options? Just noticed that I can't find these options?
In froyo they were very helpful to block annoying 800 numbers.
Am I missing something?

kdaniels1986

Mar 23, 2010
messaging app

Im sure its been covered, but I cant seem to find it... anyone else having an issue when you turn the screen off with a message / keyboard up, when you turn the screen back on when you type nothing happens....I have to back out of my messages, and go back into them... I mean, minor inconvenience, but still annoying...

Lochman79

Dec 29, 2011
I have the same issue, but it is minor and doesn't bother me.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

HeavyA

Feb 7, 2011
Oklahoma City
I was missing the zoom function in the camera app (plus it would get to a non-responsive state), so I took the stock camera app from another ICS ROM, and it works well (and adds zooming).

Delete or add .old to the existing camera.apk in system/app.
install this one as you would any .apk file

Attachments

• CameraGoogle.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
I was missing the zoom function in the camera app (plus it would get to a non-responsive state), so I took the stock camera app from another ICS ROM, and it works well (and adds zooming).

Delete or add .old to the existing camera.apk in system/app.
install this one as you would any .apk file

sokmething wrong with the file? when downloaded it says 554 bytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.