[OTHER FORUMS] Roms, Apps and Tutorials for the HAM

Search This thread

acbka

Feb 16, 2013
Минск
By far the best forum is Eloquent. Keep an eye on these 2 users 'fte9k' and 'kangvip' - I did try one of the roms out but it was all Chinese. I kept getting a constant system force close at the startup procedure sent in to bootloop. Be very careful when trying the non english roms! I do not want to hear anybody blaming me for a bricked phone.

1. Eloquent

2. Phandroid

3. HTC Mania

4. Droid Sans

5. Android Hilfe

6. Frandroid

7. MIUI

8. Unlock Codes

9. News

You can add a Russian forum 4pda.ru MATE

Reactions: ErSergi

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
I am about to try LEWA OS. I have always wanted to give this a shot but it was never available on any of my devices. I will report back :)

*EDIT* Look below for details

Last edited:

acbka

Feb 16, 2013
Минск
I am about to try LEWA OS. I have always wanted to give this a shot but it was never available on any of my devices. I will report back :)

*EDIT* I have changed my mind. I have taken a long time to setup my phone to be the way it is now and don't want to risk having to flash stock firmware again in order to fix a soft bricked phone, not that it usually worries me, it's just annoying trying to get everything perfect again (I don't rely on nandroid backups as even they aren't perfect_

you are wrong, backup through twrp 2.6.3.3 works perfectly! Before Recover to do
wipe - advanced wipe
-Wipe dalvik cache
-System
-Cache
-Custom Storage
-Date
restore you buckup -
reboot -

i restore stock b907 / pac man rom / my port fly ui (cm 10.1 joe.stone)
:good:

Reactions: uppon2

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
you are wrong, backup through twrp 2.6.3.3 works perfectly! Before Recover to do
wipe - advanced wipe
-Wipe dalvik cache
-System
-Cache
-Custom Storage
-Date
restore you buckup -
reboot -

i restore stock b907 / pac man rom / my port fly ui (cm 10.1 joe.stone)
:good:

I have been doing this for many years. I have goten to points of soft bricking where recovery is impossible to get in to and where I needed to enter download/bootloader modes. The only way to restore a nandroid is if I have backed it up to my computer beforehand, flashed a firmware in download/bootloader mode then re-root/unlock and flash a recovery again, transfer the nandroid to my device and hope the data has not been corrupted during the process between phone and computer. I have actually needed to do this several times and more than once the nandroid was not restorable.

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
I ended up flashing LEWA OS. Very fast and everything seems to be working fine for me. GPS is working better for me now than on stock, camera and HDR mode are great, speed is good. Wifi and Data is working flawlessly. Beautiful lockscreen and UI. All of the theming options seem to be working as well (for those familiar with MIUI etc.) The rom has a lot of visual tweaking and you can even kill the current running app by long pressing the back button *note* it does work, you just need to hold it for longer. You can also swipe in between the notifications and the switches tabs anywhere on the screen

The first time I flashed this it would not pass the boot animation. I ended up flashing B907 again and then running the bootloader unlock again (regardless of if I needed to or not) and then flashed the rom again. Step 1. Copy the LEWA rom zip and Gapps to your phone, then reboot in to recovery. 2. In TWRP; do an advanced wipe "cache, dalv, system, data" and then go to install and find the rom and install it. 3. reboot and make sure the rom loads all the way (do not bother setting up google account yet), once this happens reboot in to recovery again by holding power button and selecting reboot>recovery (inside of the rom this option is available), once you are there please install Gapps with TWRP, then reboot and enjoy.

Screenshots
Lockscreen Screenshots
Video showing off the rom (all of these features work on HAM)

Last edited:

ErSergi

Jan 15, 2014
I ended up flashing LEWA OS. Very fast and everything seems to be working fine for me, the only issue so far is I can not scroll left or right to select lockscreen shortcuts, I can only slide it down to unlock. Camera and HDR mode are great, speed is good. Wifi and Data is working flawlessly. Beautiful lockscreen and UI. All of the theming options seem to be working as well (for those familiar with MIUI etc.)

The first time I flashed this it would not pass the boot animation. I ended up flashing B907 again and then running the bootloader unlock again (regardless of if I needed to or not) and then flashed LEWA rom by extracted the files to a new folder and then running the Flash_All.bat from inside the folder. After the files have finished all I did was reboot and it worked this time.

Hi, You can put some screenshots of the ROM??
thanks.

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Hi, You can put some screenshots of the ROM??
thanks.

Here are some screen shots. (The navigation keys are like that by choice, remember I am using the Australian model so I only have 1gb of ram :()

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-00-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-00-28.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-00-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-00-04.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-00-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-00-56.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-01-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-01-59.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Some of the lockscreen which is actually live (I am using the BigBang theme)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-22-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-22-19.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-22-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-15-22-34.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: hasbrone

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010

Because of P6?
This ROM is 100% compatible with Mate?

If you look in the first post of my thread, you will see that MIUI is already listed but from a different download area and from a different author. If you scroll down you will actually find the file for Ascend Mate. I will tell you now though, the file name is the same as the P6 so I am assuming it is the same or they have used the P6 file and tweaked it. I am going to look at both files and give it a shot at running them today.

This is the file provided under the Huawei Ascend Mate

Last edited:

svvv

Oct 11, 2008
Chennai
If you look in the first post of my thread, you will see that MIUI is already listed but from a different download area and from a different author. If you scroll down you will actually find the file for Ascend Mate. I will tell you now though, the file name is the same as the P6 so I am assuming it is the same or they have used the P6 file and tweaked it. I am going to look at both files and give it a shot at running them today.

This is the file provided under the Huawei Ascend Mate

I already installed this rom and it looks neat..

before you install make sure u replace the boot.img with ascend mates boot.img file. the one in the zip file is for P6.

Reactions: hasbrone and uppon2

ErSergi

Jan 15, 2014
Hi uppon2 , Hd video playback youtube in this ROM? works?
You can put the link in the forum, where you downloaded this ROM Lewa Os.
thanks!

Last edited:

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Hi uppon2 , Hd video playback youtube in this ROM? works?
You can put the link in the forum, where you downloaded this ROM Lewa Os.
thanks!

HD Playback is working fine for me with Youtube. You can get the file from the first post or follow my instructions below

I downloaded d zip...how to flash it

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06

I have already given instructions on how to flash the file and I will post them again.

The first time I flashed this it would not pass the boot animation. I ended up flashing B907 again and then running the bootloader unlock again (regardless of if I needed to or not) and then flashed LEWA rom by extracting the files to a new folder and then running the Flash_All.bat from inside the folder. After the files have finished all I did was reboot and it worked this time. I then installed Gapps after being certain that the rom would load

Last edited:

ErSergi

Jan 15, 2014
Uppon2 , https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=UG0GbIYB6yTozqYOQtxz5U5g0Bf7ymAIfTr3ZqQyjg8=

I downloaded this ROM and no. bat file in order to install ...
as installed?
this link is correct, because I see this. bat file to install??

I think these instructions are not in this rom?????
The first time I flashed this it would not pass the boot animation. I ended up flashing B907 again and then running the bootloader unlock again (regardless of if I needed to or not) and then flashed LEWA rom by extracting the files to a new folder and then running the Flash_All.bat from inside the folder. After the files have finished all I did was reboot and it worked this time. I then installed Gapps after being certain that the rom would load

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By far the best forum is 4pda. A big thanks to forum member acbka aka asyan4ik

1. Eloquent

2. Phandroid

3. HTC Mania

4. Droid Sans

5. Android Hilfe

6. Frandroid

7. 4pda.ru MATE

Shendu and also for the P6

MIUI

LEWA OS

News

Unlock Codes
    You can share the "boot.img"?
    Also, Could you share some screenshots?
    Thank You.

Here you go....
    Is everything working properly....?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06

Hi, I'll update in a few days fly ui.
    Uppon2 , https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=UG0GbIYB6yTozqYOQtxz5U5g0Bf7ymAIfTr3ZqQyjg8=

I downloaded this ROM and no. bat file in order to install ...
    as installed?
    this link is correct, because I see this. bat file to install??

I think these instructions are not in this rom?????

Ah crap. Sorry I forgot, this is just a regular install from zip file. I am so used to flashing the other way!

Step 1. Copy the LEWA rom zip and Gapps to your phone, then reboot in to recovery (do not extract the zip files). 2. In TWRP; do an advanced wipe "cache, dalv, system, data" and then go to install and find the rom and install it. 3. reboot and make sure the rom loads all the way (do not bother setting up google account yet), once this happens reboot in to recovery again by holding power button and selecting reboot>recovery (inside of the rom this option is available), once you are there please install Gapps with TWRP, then reboot and enjoy.
    I ended up flashing LEWA OS. Very fast and everything seems to be working fine for me. GPS is working better for me now than on stock, camera and HDR mode are great, speed is good. Wifi and Data is working flawlessly. Beautiful lockscreen and UI. All of the theming options seem to be working as well (for those familiar with MIUI etc.) The rom has a lot of visual tweaking and you can even kill the current running app by long pressing the back button *note* it does work, you just need to hold it for longer. You can also swipe in between the notifications and the switches tabs anywhere on the screen

The first time I flashed this it would not pass the boot animation. I ended up flashing B907 again and then running the bootloader unlock again (regardless of if I needed to or not) and then flashed the rom again. Step 1. Copy the LEWA rom zip and Gapps to your phone, then reboot in to recovery. 2. In TWRP; do an advanced wipe "cache, dalv, system, data" and then go to install and find the rom and install it. 3. reboot and make sure the rom loads all the way (do not bother setting up google account yet), once this happens reboot in to recovery again by holding power button and selecting reboot>recovery (inside of the rom this option is available), once you are there please install Gapps with TWRP, then reboot and enjoy.

Screenshots
    Lockscreen Screenshots
    Video showing off the rom (all of these features work on HAM)