Search This thread

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net
Guys
I tried to make the attached boot animation but I get a black/blank screen when I load it. Anyone care to take a look?

do you have the blank space under the p 0 0 part0 in the desc.txt file

here try this one: modified bootanimation

all i did was add a blank line under the p 0 0 part0 in the desc.txt file, when i started making bootani's thats one thing i didnt know to do, until i read 3 or more guides and figured it out.

this is untested, i looked at the desc file and added the blank space saved and uploaded. also make sure you are putting it in the right spot.
Let me know when you have downloaded and if it worked.

Last edited:

Muffycheeks

May 3, 2011
This request is for a very old boot animation, non the less it's still one of my favorites. I don't remember what it was called, but it was a android character dressed in a hat with cane. The android character uses his cane to pull an Apple
from the stage, thus stealing the show. If there is anyone who has this or know of a link please share.

Thanks in advance.

PlatinumPenguin

Mar 18, 2012
Houston
This request is for a very old boot animation, non the less it's still one of my favorites. I don't remember what it was called, but it was a android character dressed in a hat with cane. The android character uses his cane to pull an Apple
from the stage, thus stealing the show. If there is anyone who has this or know of a link please share.

Thanks in advance.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2585-boot-animations-boot-animation-collection-updated-011512/

Towards the bottom of the page. Its called Android vs Apple LOL funny

Reactions: Muffycheeks

bjaxon

May 13, 2009
Northern Virginia
I've seen my boot animation previewed a few times lately, as it hasn't been touched in months. I'm glad to see this thread still in use. I miss my old EVO. It is one of the very few phones that I've actually loved. Development was top notch and had anything you could want. I wish we could get total development like that phone had on others now.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium

chemmutk

Aug 25, 2012
pls help !

im using a LGp500 (resolution 320*480) with Gingersnap v1.5 ROM + DjNoXD v2.5.2 kernal. i want to delete the splash screen and keep my own . And also want to change the gsnap bootanimation to original android bootanimation. i tried replacing bootanimation.zip in system/bin and also tried system/media . but its not working .... ? can u pls help . - Dr.Sameer

Ferenczy68

im using a LGp500 (resolution 320*480) with Gingersnap v1.5 ROM + DjNoXD v2.5.2 kernal. i want to delete the splash screen and keep my own . And also want to change the gsnap bootanimation to original android bootanimation. i tried replacing bootanimation.zip in system/bin and also tried system/media . but its not working .... ? can u pls help . - Dr.Sameer

Check in this forum for help/info for your device. ;)

Good Luck! :fingers-crossed:

shamrockcustoms

Nov 28, 2012
Starfleet Command Splash Screen

Hello,

I wanted to post my first attempt at a custom splash screen. I have it loaded on my Evo 4G without issue.
The zipped Starfleet_Splash has the PG36IMG.zip, all you need do is put that in SDcard directory and
go into bootloader (power up with volume down) and it will prompt to update. Thanks!

Attachments

• Starfleet_Splash.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 68

Dgikar

Nov 22, 2012
Planet Narn
Problems with my bootanimation

Hi All. Immediately, I apologize for my English - translated by Google Transliator

Created bootanimation (2 folders, png files - 24b:
  • frame000.png ... frame034.png - are located in the part0
  • frame035.png ... frame150.png - are located in the part1
- everything seems to be fine - works, but when, the firmware starts on boot-dense (almost before the advent lockscreen), my bootanimation, starts punching (first as a light-and then can "hang" for a few moments / second) white, clean the screen (at this point, my own bootanimation firmware, usually a bit slow, but the white screen - not issued) ...

After each restart, and pass my bootanimation, the phone hangs up, we have to pull out the battery to boot, and so may be a few times, then phone, take it, and load ...

I return native (for firmware) bootanimation - all gud - zero problems ...

From what can it be?

My file desc.txt:
480 800 25

p 1 0 part0

p 0 0 part1

Last edited:

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net
From what can it be?

My file desc.txt:
480 800 25

p 1 0 part0

p 0 0 part1

is this how it looks in the desc.txt file? exactly?

if so try deleting the spaces between them like so

Code:
480 800 25
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
                               [COLOR="Red"]  <<--- note the space underneath (you need this) [/COLOR]

could you possibly upload the zip file, would be easier to take a look at it that way. even test it to better understand what you are describing

Dgikar

Nov 22, 2012
Planet Narn
is this how it looks in the desc.txt file? exactly?
Yes, it looks that way, but I tried it and write a line and with no gaps between the lines - all the same, the result is the same
Just look at the video clip that is on my screen (Unfortunately, I, can not yet post links outside of XDA so, post a link in a personal message)

note the space underneath (you need this)
Yes, these space - I have

Last edited:

Dgikar

Nov 22, 2012
Planet Narn
Downanimation

Tell me please, there bootanimation (located in system/media), and there downanimation, and where downanimation shove (which folder)?

lonewolf911

Jun 3, 2012
Mini-Space Shuttle Boot Animation with music

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1bv247c2r90h7kj/o4l6i96Tze

Okay folks..

Worked on this for 2 days .. new at all of this .. but I think you'll like it!

Bootanimation of Mini-Space Shuttle Project incl. music - at sync with animation (more or less:cyclops:)

give it a try and lemme know whatcha think..sort of excited!
btw: a bit of choppiness towards the end because of system load up. normal. the only way around this is to shorten the animation.

should I quit my day job? Nanhhh..

Instructions for noobies (like me):
copy _bootanimation.zip & spaceshuttlemusic.mp3 to any folder on sdcard
make another copy of _bootanimation.zip to root >> system >> customize >> resource
change permissions rw-r--r--
go to venom tweaks >> advanced >> custom bootanimation >> select from sdcard folder
go to venom tweaks >> advanced >> enable bootsound
go to venom tweaks >> advanced >> custom bootsound >> select spaceshuttlemusic.mp3

enjoy!

N.B. made especially for ViperX 3.7.3 ROM

P.S. Mr Hofs and Sebastiaan: Please convert the drawables & make a custom animation it would be deeply appreciated.
I haven't reached that level yet but I would like to learn if you can teach me guys.. Thanks!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1bv247c2r90h7kj/o4l6i96Tze

Lonewolf

Reactions: muhammad ali shaikh

Top Liked Posts