PROBLEM KFHD 8.9 2nd Gen RED BOOT

Search This thread

JonnyLawless

Nov 6, 2013
Michigan City
I am an Android noob but I'm no stranger to hacking/modding. Well anyway while trying to unlock my KFHD 8.9 2nd Gen's bootloader to install TWRP or CWM I failed. It now boots to a red screen. I've tried restoring through ADB, ADB (Fastboot), KFFA, and KF-SRT. Nothing works tried all firmware and all options. the only thing I can do is get my device to communicate in fastboot mode. Does anyone have any info they can share to help out? Please and thank you.

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You need to restore the stock boot loader, go here and download the 8.1.4 stock boot loader and I can't stress enough to verify the md5sum matches the one listed, if it doesn't you could end up with a hard brick. Anyways from there its as simple as running
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app

JonnyLawless

Nov 6, 2013
Michigan City
You need to restore the stock boot loader, go here and download the 8.1.4 stock boot loader and I can't stress enough to verify the md5sum matches the one listed, if it doesn't you could end up with a hard brick. Anyways from there its as simple as running
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin

Thank yo so much. I'm gonna try this now.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Um you did check the md5sum first right? Please make sure the device is showing up on your PC, and I would try something simple like
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
that might get it out of fastboot loop, if not restore the system and recovery partitions again.

JonnyLawless

Nov 6, 2013
Michigan City
Okay after flashing my recovery I restored my other partitions via Kindle Fire First Aide and it worked like a charm. Now I got a new issue but Im gonna hafta make a new thread for that.

Sent from my KFJWI using xda app-developers app