[GUIDE][HOW-TO] Use custom image as Android system background[TW+AOSP]

Search This thread

mannyvinny

Oct 7, 2012
Varanasi

With the new KitKat update, Android uses black color as System background. In JellyBean,it used to be a png image which resides in framework/drawable folder. But in KitKat, that png has been removed and now it uses solid black color. So here's a method to use custom image as your system background instead of black color.

1.Decompile framework-res.apk
2.Open drawable folder and find this xml file-

tw_background_holo_dark.xml
Replace this line-
Code:
with this-
Code:
[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
3.Now navigate to res\drawable-sw360dp-xhdpi (it may be xxhdpi for high-res devices)
4.Paste your png file here and rename it to tw_background_holo_dark.png
5.Now recompile framework-res.apk

6.Finally push META-INF and Android Manifest.xml in your compiled apk and then zip align it.
Here's a screenshot from my 4.4.2 TW KitKat ROM-

attachment.php

lucaoldb

Apr 20, 2012
MILAN
Missing line?

Sorry, I just can read

Replace this line-
with this-

Can you share the code, please?

Tried 3 or 4 times by myself, but something went wrong (though I had been able to recompile the apk).

Thanks.

lucaoldb

Apr 20, 2012
MILAN
Never mind, I did it by myself, though I faced some errors in recompiling.

Anyway, I just had to decompile the framework, remove tw_backgroubd_holo.xml, add the corresponding png file into the drawable folder and recompile and it worked.

Krejouche

Dec 20, 2010
Hi! I can't read the lines either...
Would anyone be kind enough to fill in the OP's blanks? Would be very helpful, thanks.

sachin-sharma

Sep 18, 2014
nice

Its cool

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Can't it be dont by using wanam? Xposed module. Wanam - theme - system holo background?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

With the new KitKat update, Android uses black color as System background. In JellyBean,it used to be a png image which resides in framework/drawable folder. But in KitKat, that png has been removed and now it uses solid black color. So here's a method to use custom image as your system background instead of black color.

1.Decompile framework-res.apk
    2.Open drawable folder and find this xml file-

tw_background_holo_dark.xml
    Replace this line-
    Code:
    with this-
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    3.Now navigate to res\drawable-sw360dp-xhdpi (it may be xxhdpi for high-res devices)
    4.Paste your png file here and rename it to tw_background_holo_dark.png
    5.Now recompile framework-res.apk

6.Finally push META-INF and Android Manifest.xml in your compiled apk and then zip align it.
    Here's a screenshot from my 4.4.2 TW KitKat ROM-

attachment.php