[KITCHEN][16.10.2011] nsourm Kitchen

Search This thread

nsourm

Sep 14, 2007
keratsini
This thread is meant for Kitchen discussion only! (e.g. problems with cooking, possible fixes and/or updates for the kitchen, etc.)

Pre-built stock nsourm’s ROMs ready for flashing (built using this kitchen)

5 versions

This is the same kitchen i've used for my rom

The kitchen is prepared in 9 languages:

0C0A = Spanish rom
040C = French rom
0406 = Danish rom
0407 = German rom
0408 = Greek rom
0409 = WWE rom
0410 = Italian rom
0413 = Dutch rom
0419 = Russian rom

How to cook a ROM

Step 1: Extract the Kitchen
Extract nsourm kitchen in a folder of your choice eg c: folder.

Step 2: Starting up
Once you've extracted the file, you can start the kitchen by launching osKitchen.exe.

This is how it should look like: (see pic1)

Click on the button "Open Project" and select the inside the htc photon folder the type of ROM you want to use as a Base. You can choose between the five versions. (pic2)
Once you have loaded up your kitchen, you have the same setup i used for the release of my roms.

You could now just press "Start building rom" and build your first rom, however this kitchen is meant so users can create their personal ROMs (with only the stuff you need)
Note that i have already dissabled some packages but you can pass the message and build the rom.

Step 3: Customization
Once you've loaded a «stock ROM», u can customize it to your own needs. U can exclude packages, add new packages, or edit some of the app.reg files to tweak it even more.

To exclude a package, u simply need to unmark the package by pressing the box next to the package, and the packages will be disabled and not used while building the ROM.

The sys tab is for windows mobile build. Be careful with this tab, because there are some packages that can’t be disabled. I've already include sys packages 23152, 29013, 29017, 29020, 29022.The last one is new one so if you build a rom with that you are going to have a brand new rom.

The ext packages tab is the main tab and this can be modified easily.
Keep in mind however that some packages are required for some core functions of the ROM and/or sense. I did my best categorising the stuff in folders so it's easier to know which packages can be removed without affecting functionality.

There are 2 extra folders
1. Sourmelidis apps
2. Sourmelidis cht modifications and tweaks

Both folders include extra apps and modifications that can be excluded from rom without affecting anything

The advanced tweaks tab is for some tweaks for the whole rom, such as cfc compressed rom, pagepool. Splash screen etc

Step 4: Building and flashing

Once you're ready, just go ahead and press the "Start building" button, this will take a while (it depends on how fast is your pc, laptop).
Once done, you will get a file called "ruu_signed???.nbh" in the HTC photon output folder
This file is your ROM, it's built and now ready to be flash, with the known procedure using cottulas sspl

And of course the link to download.
http://www.filefactory.com/f/bd10296fa2465c0b/

I would like to thank:
1. Airxtreme for kitchen
2. Donators
3. And of course all of you who have provided me with feedback, bug and reports because you make the kitchen- rom better.

Unfortunately due to lack of time i can’t support it as i want to but you can find answers to the windows mobile development thread, or by posting in the kitchen’s thread so someone except me(if i can) will answer your question
As i mentioned before i don’t have much time so i can’t promise many things for future versions of the kitchen. I will try to do my best………..
You can use the kitchen to publish your rom in any site, but it will be nice if you mention somewhere my name……..But if you don’t want there is no problem.
At last i want to mention that i’m not a programmer (i would like to,but…) so you can make the kitchen even better.

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,321
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited:

nsourm

Sep 14, 2007
keratsini
Last edited:

pokosik

Dec 1, 2009
will try it out:)
edit: Hey can I use original rom i your kitchen and add what i want to it?

Last edited:

ledavi

Aug 29, 2010
problem

i did somethin wrong cooking a rom that stoped booting at the firs image ,any ideea how can i put it in bootloader mode so i can flash another rom or i'm busted ? thankyou
later edit : i found out how to do that

Last edited:

ledavi

Aug 29, 2010
here is the answer if someone dose the same mistake i did (wrong cooking :D) ,after flashing a bad ''built by me'' rom the device would't boot anymore .
1.Enter bootloader mode (device off, VOL DOWN + POWER simult.)
2.Flash stock rom for your device (only,you can download it using youre phone SN )
3.That's it ,now you can flash any rom you want
Hope this can help those having trouble experimenting like me

Last edited:

lucotte

Oct 20, 2009
Hello nsourm,
I try to make my own rom (40c) but the process is in failure when creating the nbh file.
The file is not create in NBH OUPUT folder.(no file found)
Any ideas ?

Thank for your help.
Regards,

lucotte

Oct 20, 2009
I already try to disconnect antivirus program but some error message.
See picture.

Attachments

• error_message_oskitchen.jpg
    error_message_oskitchen.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 91

lucotte

Oct 20, 2009
Hello,
I tryed with my note book with XP and is it working, I think that I'have issue with my computer and w7...not time to find what's happen for the moment.
Thank you for your support.
Regards,

nsourm

Sep 14, 2007
keratsini
Hello,
I tryed with my note book with XP and is it working, I think that I'have issue with my computer and w7...not time to find what's happen for the moment.
Thank you for your support.
Regards,

Hello lucotte.Something strange with installed programs on your win7 pc.I have win7 and all things are ok.
hope you like my job.

nsourm

Sep 14, 2007
keratsini
second post updated with shipped roms and windows mobile builds.
No you can try different builds with the kitchen.You can ask me how to do it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is meant for Kitchen discussion only! (e.g. problems with cooking, possible fixes and/or updates for the kitchen, etc.)

Pre-built stock nsourm’s ROMs ready for flashing (built using this kitchen)

5 versions

This is the same kitchen i've used for my rom

The kitchen is prepared in 9 languages:

0C0A = Spanish rom
    040C = French rom
    0406 = Danish rom
    0407 = German rom
    0408 = Greek rom
    0409 = WWE rom
    0410 = Italian rom
    0413 = Dutch rom
    0419 = Russian rom

How to cook a ROM

Step 1: Extract the Kitchen
    Extract nsourm kitchen in a folder of your choice eg c: folder.

Step 2: Starting up
    Once you've extracted the file, you can start the kitchen by launching osKitchen.exe.

This is how it should look like: (see pic1)

Click on the button "Open Project" and select the inside the htc photon folder the type of ROM you want to use as a Base. You can choose between the five versions. (pic2)
    Once you have loaded up your kitchen, you have the same setup i used for the release of my roms.

You could now just press "Start building rom" and build your first rom, however this kitchen is meant so users can create their personal ROMs (with only the stuff you need)
    Note that i have already dissabled some packages but you can pass the message and build the rom.

Step 3: Customization
    Once you've loaded a «stock ROM», u can customize it to your own needs. U can exclude packages, add new packages, or edit some of the app.reg files to tweak it even more.

To exclude a package, u simply need to unmark the package by pressing the box next to the package, and the packages will be disabled and not used while building the ROM.

The sys tab is for windows mobile build. Be careful with this tab, because there are some packages that can’t be disabled. I've already include sys packages 23152, 29013, 29017, 29020, 29022.The last one is new one so if you build a rom with that you are going to have a brand new rom.

The ext packages tab is the main tab and this can be modified easily.
    Keep in mind however that some packages are required for some core functions of the ROM and/or sense. I did my best categorising the stuff in folders so it's easier to know which packages can be removed without affecting functionality.

There are 2 extra folders
    1. Sourmelidis apps
    2. Sourmelidis cht modifications and tweaks

Both folders include extra apps and modifications that can be excluded from rom without affecting anything

The advanced tweaks tab is for some tweaks for the whole rom, such as cfc compressed rom, pagepool. Splash screen etc

Step 4: Building and flashing

Once you're ready, just go ahead and press the "Start building" button, this will take a while (it depends on how fast is your pc, laptop).
    Once done, you will get a file called "ruu_signed???.nbh" in the HTC photon output folder
    This file is your ROM, it's built and now ready to be flash, with the known procedure using cottulas sspl

And of course the link to download.

I would like to thank:
    1. Airxtreme for kitchen
    2. Donators
    3. And of course all of you who have provided me with feedback, bug and reports because you make the kitchen- rom better.

Unfortunately due to lack of time i can’t support it as i want to but you can find answers to the windows mobile development thread, or by posting in the kitchen’s thread so someone except me(if i can) will answer your question
    As i mentioned before i don’t have much time so i can’t promise many things for future versions of the kitchen. I will try to do my best………..
    You can use the kitchen to publish your rom in any site, but it will be nice if you mention somewhere my name……..But if you don’t want there is no problem.
    At last i want to mention that i’m not a programmer (i would like to,but…) so you can make the kitchen even better.
    3.2 kitchen is up

Hello buddies.

3.2 kitchen is up.

here is the answer if someone dose the same mistake i did (wrong cooking :D) ,after flashing a bad ''built by me'' rom the device would't boot anymore .
    1.Enter bootloader mode (device off, VOL DOWN + POWER simult.)
    2.Flash stock rom for your device (only,you can download it using youre phone SN )
    3.That's it ,now you can flash any rom you want
    Hope this can help those having trouble experimenting like me
    uploading shipped roms in second post

will upload later and different win mobile builds
    uploading kitchens

Hello buddies.
    I'm uploading kitchens right now.But be patient very slow connection....

First and second link updated

Enjoy