HardSPL v3.07, v3.28, v3.29 and v3.56 by JockyW

Search This thread

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
Many of you are eagerly waiting for this: HardSPL v3.07, v3.28, v3.29 and v3.56...

Run a SSPL (aka JumpSPL) and then flash the HardSPL.

Practically all questions are answered in kyphur's excellent F.A.Q. in the next post

Brought to you by JockyW

Have fun ! :)

EDIT:

* The "force USB" versions are only for a tiny minority who have USB connectivity issues.
* SPL3.56 is part of the latest AT&T Rom which is dated June 6. 2008
* SPL3.07 was included in a recent Vodafone RUU.

Attachments

• Kaiser-HardSPL-3.28.zip
    444.2 KB · Views: 49,004
  • Kaiser-HardSPL-3.28-force-USB.zip
    444.2 KB · Views: 19,225
  • Kaiser-HardSPL-3.29.zip
    444.2 KB · Views: 62,827
  • Kaiser-HardSPL-3.29-force-USB.zip
    444.2 KB · Views: 19,799
  • Kaiser-HardSPL-3.56.zip
    444.5 KB · Views: 75,584
  • Kaiser-HardSPL-3.56-force-USB.zip
    444.5 KB · Views: 31,723
  • Kaiser-HardSPL-3.07.zip
    444.1 KB · Views: 13,118
  • Kaiser-HardSPL-3.07-force-USB.zip
    444.1 KB · Views: 11,985
Last edited:

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
F.A.Q.

How to Install 3.2x.Hard SPL:

1. Plug the device into your PC
2. Copy Jump/Soft to your device. use JumpSPL If you have the "White Screen" issue, if you don't, you can use SSPL-KAIS.exe.
3. Take out your SD card & SIM Card.
4. Run Jump/Soft SPL on your device
5. Wait for the bootloader screen to appear and "USB" to show.
6. Right-click activesync, go into connection settings and ensure Allow USB Connections is unchecked
7. Unplug your device from the USB port, wait 5 - 20 seconds, plug it back in.
8. Run KaiserCustomRUU.exe and flash the SPL

If you have problems with the above process, try this:

1a. download the attached files
1b. pull out the battery and reinsert it (this step *is* important)
1c. connect your PC to phone with a USB cable
2. REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
3. copy JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe to your device and run it (make sure the USB cable is still connected). If you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.exe or JumpSPL1.94-KAIS.exe
4. after a few seconds "USB" appears on the phone display
5. unplug and replug the usb cable
6. deselect "Allow USB connections" in Activesync connection settings
7. now flash hardSPL (run KaiserCustomRUU.exe from flash-hardSPL.zip on your PC)
Notes:
With the JumpSPL you should *not* flash radio roms, OS roms or full roms. The JumpSPL is only needed to flash a HardSPL (or SPL)

FOR ANYONE WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT THIS IS FOR, WHY YOU WOULD NEED IT, OR HOW TO PERFORM SPL PROCEDURES: Read This Wiki page

Q: Can I use with with Wizard/Hermes/"Insert other device here"?
A: No, this is only for Kaiser/TyTN2/Tilts.

Q: Do I have to use Jump/Soft SPL?
A: Yes.

Q: Do I have to install HardSPL v1.x before installing HardSPL 3.x?
A: No, you can follow this process to install HardSPL 3.x on a factory device without ever installing HardSPL 1.x.

Q: Will I have to reflash my OS/Radio or set-up my software again after flashing this?
A: No, changing SPL doesn't touch either the Radio or OS.

Q: Do I have to use this BEFORE I flash a WM 6.1 Rom?
A: Not really, you can flash it before or after upgrading the OS/Radio to WM 6.1 but you may experience "Screen-Freeze" until you upgrade your HardSPL.

Q: Since this is SPL for HTC Branded Devices will it work with AT&T's Tilt?
A: Yes.

Q: Does this SPL support AT Command Mode?
A: No.

Q: Does the 3.2x HardSPL support "Task 2a" via MTTY?
A: No, HTC took it out.

Q: What is the difference between this & HardSPL v1.x?
A: HardSPL 3.x should be used with WM 6.1 Roms, HardSPL 1.x should be used with WM 6.0 Roms. Both HardSPL prevent you from accidently flashing a new SPL (you must use Jump/Soft SPL for this) and SuperCID your phone.

Q: What is the difference between 3.28 & 3.29 SPL?
A: Just speculation at the moment but there appears to be a minor change, possibly a hotfix. Both SPLs seem to work fine with all models & WM 6.1 Roms but 3.29 is included in the AT&T Rom and a few of the HTC Roms.

Q: Should I install 3.28 or 3.29?
A: Honestly it probably makes little difference but you can always check the SPL that shipped with the rom (or BaseRom if using a cooked Rom) you are running. I have AT&T Tilt running my Rom (using AT&T 3.51 Base) with 3.28 and have no problems including screen-freeze. Note: some members recommend 3.28 for HTC Roms & 3.29 for AT&T Roms.

Q: Does this HardSPL fix the "Screen-Freeze" in WM 6.1 Roms.
A: Yes, everyone using the new HardSPLs has reported it resolved the issue.

Q: What about WM 6.0 Roms?
A: Some users have reported having the "Screen-Freeze" issue on WM 6.0 Roms and fixing it with the New HardSPL. It's worth a try but definately recommended to use the same generation SPL & ROM in most cases.

Q: What about "Diamond" Roms?
A: As the Diamond Ports are WM 6.1 Roms and the SPL has the same effect, eliminates "Screen-Freeze".

Q: What was the cause of the freezings with the older hard-spl and what did you do to fix this
A: SPL initializes a lot of subsystems (power management, touch screen, lcd, etc). The newer SPL probably has contidional code that would handle variations in hardware (if they exist). I'd also think that the 3rd gen SPL would be geared more towards the 3rd gen OS & Radio needs which would explain the fix working as well as it does. Reminds me of the Wizards days when we were running 2nd & 3rd gen OS but had to stick to lower radios because we were intentionally not upgrading SPL (due to HTC Locks & such in the 2nd gen SPL).

Q: Can I flash this via SDCard?
A: Technically, you should be able to BUT flashing SPL is a "dangerous" process for your phone so you really should use KaiserCustomRUU.

Q: Where can I get Jump/Soft SPL?
A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=354061

Q: I can't flash a cooked Rom after installing 3.x.Hard SPL, help.
A: See the next question, if you didn't successfully change to SPL03.2x.Hard then try again.

Q: How can I be sure that I've successfully changed to SPL-3.x.Hard?
A: Get into your Bootloader (hold down camera+power buttons while inserting stylus for approximately 3-5 seconds). It should show SPL-3.28.Hard or SPL-3.29.Hard on the second line of text on your screen. If not then you didn't flash the new HardSPL, try again.

Q: Using Jump/Soft SPL shows "unknown device" when hooked up to usb.
A: Try the SSPL attached to the first post.

Q: Could you clarify what the "Force USB" does?
A: Some users managed to nuke configuration parameters which determine the default connection mode. They are stuck in serial mode. The "force usb" version of SPL corrects this. Of course it would be better to figure out which parameter(s) are at fault and correct these, but that would take time and experiments and more over a higher risk to really brick a device.

Q: I'm stuck in the Bootloader (Tri-Color) Screen with "ruunbh" text in the upper right corner.
A: To get rid of the RUNNBH error:

Download an ORIGINAL (not cooked ROM) for your device from here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...me=Kaiser_ROMs
Choose one appropriate for your device (AT&T tilt / HTC TyTnII). 6.0 or 6.1 shouldn't matter.
Download that and flash it...it should work and get you back to a working phone. Then you will have to try the HardSPL procedure again.

Q: Does this "Security Unlock" my Phone?
A: No, Security Unlocked is something different from HardSPL.
Check here on how to do a security unlock: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=361236
Here are the files that you will need to do the process:
http://www.4shared.com/file/46447471/7ae96b57/Jockyw2001_HardSPL_-_SuperCID.html
Just follow the steps in the supercid. I have included the .txt file that Jockyw2001 included.
Be sure to flash the "SPL-1.1.JockyW" as the process won't work while SPL-3.2x.Hard is installed.

Q: Where did my post in this thread go?
A: All useful information was consilidated into this single post. Everything else was deleted.

Troubleshooting:

When all else fails, try these...

Use a Windows XP Machine (not VISTA).

Delete all USB peripherals and root hubs from Device Manager, reboot, let everything be re-detected, reboot again and then plug your Tilt in again.

Make sure you have removed both the SDCard and your SIM Card.

Last edited by a moderator:

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
HardSPL v3.29.0000 added

HardSPL v3.29.0000 added.

I don't know which one is better. The version number tells me that they prolly hotfixed an error in 3.28.

Enjoy!

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
hey Jocky! I kinda miss the SPL-1.1.JockyW tag in your SPL, lol.. donation coming in as promised!

Confirmation number: 6CM53141XF789163M

Last edited:

PJ6363

Feb 14, 2007
Perth
Work worthy of donation!!

New SPL has done the trick and eliminated the laggy freezes in L26 v3 for me!
Many thanks jocky......worthy of the small donation (Paypal Confirmation number: 99A446736N006110A) that I can afford and great stuff! :p

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
FAQ Updated, thread cleaned...

I'll be leaving Kudos, Donation notices & such after this but all Question/ Answers will get cleaned & integrated into the FAQ.

BTW, Jocky had mentioned that North America as consistantly been the lion's share of support for his work :D. I do encourage everyone who uses this to send a little something his way as it does take both time & skill to provide these tools. Even a couple of bucks goes a long way to show your appreciation.

fitdocsr

Nov 8, 2007
Raleigh
I'll be leaving Kudos, Donation notices & such after this but all Question/ Answers will get cleaned & integrated into the FAQ.

BTW, Jocky had mentioned that North America as consistantly been the lion's share of support for his work :D. I do encourage everyone who uses this to send a little something his way as it does take both time & skill to provide these tools. Even a couple of bucks goes a long way to show your appreciation.
Chaulk another one up for North America, donation sent, thanks Jocky!!!
Confirmation number: 7YH40824J6586891R

Last edited:

baeshin81

Oct 18, 2005
it worked!

worked without any issues...i did the 3.29 on dutty rom even doh i should do htc but reviews show little difference and i have att phone ... reponse is slight better i know for sure...but not AMAZING like people saying...will keep u updated!

_Alex_

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 21, 2005
San Jose, CA
Seems like Kyphur is a bit fast on the delete button :D

Anywhoo, just wanted to re-post that I've sent a small donation off to JockyW.

Unique Transaction ID #56B84509V76451713

Thanks for everything and keep up the great work!

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
Seems like Kyphur is a bit fast on the delete button :D

Anywhoo, just wanted to re-post that I've sent a small donation off to JockyW.

Unique Transaction ID #56B84509V76451713

Thanks for everything and keep up the great work!

Hehe...Kypher would it be better to just lock this thread?
Mass deleting posts just doesn't sit well with me either.

probably less work for you too.

your call

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Kudos to kyphur for perfect moderation and orchestration of this thread and to all who donated of course. The fact that nearly all donations are from north-america is prolly because these SPLs are solving the AT&T rom issues.

Whatever, I appreciate it! :cool:

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
Ok what I show is:

KAIS*0 MFG
SPL-1.0.0liPof
CPLD-8

I installed this L26 diamond V5 onto my device and it says includes newest version 3.29. Freezes like crazy and very annoying. I know it's fixable.

You didn't successfully install 3.2x.Hard SPL, you're still on the 1.0 version.

Try again, read the FAQ carefully, everything you need is (should) be there.

letum00

Dec 10, 2007
Has anyone successfully flashed via microsd? My USB port has been dead for awhile now.

I'd like to fix my freezing problems.