[ROM] VanirAOSP[unofficial] [4.4.2] organized, clean, fast.

Search This thread

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I hope this rom becomes a daily driver someday. :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

TuRDMaN

Dec 9, 2005
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Can't Wait!

I can't wait until the bugs are squashed so I can toss my TouchWiz ROM.

I tried this on my SM-G900W8, but the camera doesn't work, and also my Recents hardware button doesn't function (never registers any keypresses, so I can't even remap it or anything).

arunkm94

Aug 6, 2013
cochin
Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android to as many devices as possible. This is not a kang rom. You will find versions of the features you love that we've rewritten and improved on plus a few we wrote ourselves. we've tried to acheive a more organized and cohesive setup to improve the user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality.

If you're the kind of person that needs options to change the font and color on every letter and expect the ROM to end up looking like kid's cereal box then GTFO. You will not find customizations that are done just because someone figured out how to do them. Everything in here has a purpose and is held to a high standard of coding.

Status Bar
- Quick Setting including numerous customizations
- Customize clock display and location, customize signal bar
- % displayed in battery + circle mod
- Transparency

Navigation Bar
- Customizable buttons + colors
- Customizable height + width
- Navi Ring
- Transparency

Lockscreen
- Fully customizable targets/rotation/widgets/ and more
- Transparency

General Tweaks
- Ad blocking
- Tablet UI Chooser
- DPI/LCD changer + force tablet settings mode
- Theme Chooser: Including inverted theme
- Galaxy Nexus Parts
- ADB over network
- Bravia Engine 2.0
- Custom Carrier text
- Custom backlight
- Expanded Desktop: with different modes
- Extended Power menu
- A-GPS. - Kang PrimeDirective --> Credit happily1986
- Long press back to kill (in developer options)
- Privacy Guard Manager

Application Tweaks
- Expanded Phone: noise reduction, advanced settings, speaker proximity, blacklists, white lists, enhanced dialer
- Expanded MMS including Quick Emoji
- Camera: Enhanced settings (credit CM)
- Functional Sound Recorder
- Koush's Superuser
- Vanir Keyboard - removed tracking/logging - highly optimized
- Media Scanner options
- Enhanced autobrightness

Performance Manager- Processor governor + speed
- Voltage control
- I/o Scheduler
- Disable boot animation
- Enhance recent menu

Sound
- Quiet Hours
- Highly modified DSP Manager unique to Vanir (Credit CM)
- Volume wake / rocker music controls
- Rewritten Speaker proximity designed for Vanir

Debloated
- All inclusive ~180 MB --> 60 MB of Bloat removed
- Fully featured LatinIME Keyboard, but only 2.2 MB (normally 16-20 MB), removed tracking/logging
- And soo much more

Butter
- Compiled with linaro keychain.
- Optimized with linaro 4.4.2
- GCC 4.8 w/ -O3 -fstrict-aliasing AKA highly optimized compiling for better results (like Linaro)
- Vanir.cfg - Set your CPU frequencies, colors, ZRAM, and much more. Set and once and forget; it stays on your SD card
- DHOtheory: Sets up the kernel/ROM the way I like it, then self destructs on first boot, so you can change it later
- Go-faster Axiom scripts
- Vanirice - makes everything just a bit smooth
- For every 1 user settings there are 5 power saving + performance tweaks tweaks

Kernels:
- Many devices such as Tuna, GS4, M7, G2, and many more offer custom Vanir kernels
- We use the best kernel choosen by our device maintainers for the current provided kernel please see our GitHub.

Join our Google+ community for news/updates

Source: github.com/vaniraosp
Gerrit: vaniraosp.goo.im
Kernel Source

Credits
Tom Marshall/Tdm, Esa L./elelinux, Garwynn
A very Big Thanks to all VanirAOSP team and kashifm for all the things of this ROM :)

XDA:DevDB Information
VanirAOSP for klte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
GuneetAtwal, kashifmin, PrimeDirective, DHO, Styr, nuclearmistake

Version Information

Created 2014-05-20
Last Updated 2014-06-30

dev can u pls realse it for exynos s5 smg900h?

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
dev can u pls realse it for exynos s5 smg900h?

I hope you realise they aren't developing for the exynos one either because its hard to get one or because there are no resources to make AOSP for it yet. If you want. Help yourself, this is XDA. Learn to make one yourself if you think you can ask a dev and he will just pull a ROM out of his butt, then you will see how difficult it is.

Also, don't quote the entire original post.

arunkm94

Aug 6, 2013
cochin
thnx dev

I hope you realise they aren't developing for the exynos one either because its hard to get one or because there are no resources to make AOSP for it yet. If you want. Help yourself, this is XDA. Learn to make one yourself if you think you can ask a dev and he will just pull a ROM out of his butt, then you will see how difficult it is.

Also, don't quote the entire original post.

thnx for ur appreciation wil do ma best

Reactions: Hellscythe

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
Oh I've been reading about aosp roms on the s5, I guess since the source code hasn't been released not everything is working yet, apparently (from what I read) camera, gps, and an echo problem persists...correct? Or has this been fixed on this rom already?

Camera and GPS are still out on any aosp for GS5. But i've heard other little issues have been resolved on certain builds.

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
So this rom can be used as a daily driver? I don't see a bug list. Thanks In advance!!!

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Are the Gapps already included in the rom? Thanks. :)

cAase

Mar 7, 2011
I guess based on last update (20/5) camera and all the old bugs are still present.

Ave666

Nov 18, 2011
There's an official built for klte/s5 at unified section

from SM-G900F / SM-N9005

moe_dl

Feb 2, 2008
looking for AOSP + some specific features

I ran an AOSP rom on my S5 and it was worse in battery consumption and lacked some key features. I love AOSP but want some samsung/tmobile features. Is there a samsung s5 AOSP rom which includes WiFi calling, the SHealth (heart rate monitor), as good camera quality as Samsung app and fingerprint?

I am willing to pay for a properly working ROM with the above features and better performance. Ill pay upto 100 bucks if someone delivers. PM me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android to as many devices as possible. This is not a kang rom. You will find versions of the features you love that we've rewritten and improved on plus a few we wrote ourselves. we've tried to acheive a more organized and cohesive setup to improve the user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality.

If you're the kind of person that needs options to change the font and color on every letter and expect the ROM to end up looking like kid's cereal box then GTFO. You will not find customizations that are done just because someone figured out how to do them. Everything in here has a purpose and is held to a high standard of coding.

Status Bar
    - Quick Setting including numerous customizations
    - Customize clock display and location, customize signal bar
    - % displayed in battery + circle mod
    - Transparency

Navigation Bar
    - Customizable buttons + colors
    - Customizable height + width
    - Navi Ring
    - Transparency

Lockscreen
    - Fully customizable targets/rotation/widgets/ and more
    - Transparency

General Tweaks
    - Ad blocking
    - Tablet UI Chooser
    - DPI/LCD changer + force tablet settings mode
    - Theme Chooser: Including inverted theme
    - Galaxy Nexus Parts
    - ADB over network
    - Bravia Engine 2.0
    - Custom Carrier text
    - Custom backlight
    - Expanded Desktop: with different modes
    - Extended Power menu
    - A-GPS. - Kang PrimeDirective --> Credit happily1986
    - Long press back to kill (in developer options)
    - Privacy Guard Manager

Application Tweaks
    - Expanded Phone: noise reduction, advanced settings, speaker proximity, blacklists, white lists, enhanced dialer
    - Expanded MMS including Quick Emoji
    - Camera: Enhanced settings (credit CM)
    - Functional Sound Recorder
    - Koush's Superuser
    - Vanir Keyboard - removed tracking/logging - highly optimized
    - Media Scanner options
    - Enhanced autobrightness

Performance Manager- Processor governor + speed
    - Voltage control
    - I/o Scheduler
    - Disable boot animation
    - Enhance recent menu

Sound
    - Quiet Hours
    - Highly modified DSP Manager unique to Vanir (Credit CM)
    - Volume wake / rocker music controls
    - Rewritten Speaker proximity designed for Vanir

Debloated
    - All inclusive ~180 MB --> 60 MB of Bloat removed
    - Fully featured LatinIME Keyboard, but only 2.2 MB (normally 16-20 MB), removed tracking/logging
    - And soo much more

Butter
    - Compiled with linaro keychain.
    - Optimized with linaro 4.4.2
    - GCC 4.8 w/ -O3 -fstrict-aliasing AKA highly optimized compiling for better results (like Linaro)
    - Vanir.cfg - Set your CPU frequencies, colors, ZRAM, and much more. Set and once and forget; it stays on your SD card
    - DHOtheory: Sets up the kernel/ROM the way I like it, then self destructs on first boot, so you can change it later
    - Go-faster Axiom scripts
    - Vanirice - makes everything just a bit smooth
    - For every 1 user settings there are 5 power saving + performance tweaks tweaks

Kernels:
    - Many devices such as Tuna, GS4, M7, G2, and many more offer custom Vanir kernels
    - We use the best kernel choosen by our device maintainers for the current provided kernel please see our GitHub.

Join our Google+ community for news/updates

Source: github.com/vaniraosp
    Gerrit: vaniraosp.goo.im
    Kernel Source

Credits
    Tom Marshall/Tdm, Esa L./elelinux, Garwynn
    A very Big Thanks to all VanirAOSP team and kashifm for all the things of this ROM :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    VanirAOSP for klte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    GuneetAtwal, kashifmin, PrimeDirective, DHO, Styr, nuclearmistake

Version Information

Created 2014-05-20
    Last Updated 2014-06-30
    Some Screenies :)

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    flashed on G900F

basically the same as AOKP, Carbon and MoKee, no mobile network, no recents key, no camera, no vibration, no accelerometer.
    well it is an Unofficial Build i haven't written that it is Official and i sent you a mail just for making it Official :)

I see that you did ask. My bad I woke up and went right to work. You're welcome to help maintain and contribute for the device. Nuclearmistake will be also. Since he's a core developer for the ROM you'll have to collaborate on changes but feel free to submit anything to our review vaniraosp.goo.im. For now I'd appreciate it if you added unofficial to the thread title and listed the actual developers in the credits. The way you have it makes it look like you put the ROM together.

With vanir it's not necessary to make your own builds. We have a built-in updater and nuke compiles nightlies for all the devices every day. We handle it this way so maintainers can spend more time testing and actually contributing to make the ROM better. If you want to start contributing we'd like to have you on board. Message me on hangouts and I'll invite you to our developer chat.

Dave Kessler
    Activethrasher00 @ gmail
    Hey, does this work only on the 900F or all Snapdragon models? :)

Well it should work on all Snapdragon Versions :)