Sensation XL dead? [Alive again]

Search This thread

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
So i have a big problem. Lets start from the beginning.
  • 1. At first have done nothing weird, just normal phone usage (browsing) while charging. When it has come to 100% charged, after few moments the boot screen suddenly appeared. I removed the battery and tried to restart the phone but phone screen was black, i left it like this for few minutes (switched off) and then again connect phone to charger and turn it on and screen was somehow alive.
  • 2. So i have decided to backup all programs with titanium backup and when backuping was in progress the screen stuck/dies again.
  • 3. I restart phone again in to bootloader (thinking it was something wrong with the rom) relock bootloader and instal stock ruu. And screen is steel dead. When the phone starts up only vibrates and you hear a boot sound from stock rom. And when i connect it to charger (switched off) it takes a few seconds before the LED turns red. Before that I think that is immediately activated (i'm just thinking).

So.. is the possibility that the screen died or is a mistake in the software?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gunman84

Nov 11, 2011
Љубљана
Maybe it overheate, because you used your phone while charging, my sister had a similar problem, the motherboard overheate or something,she then get a replacment. Or maybe u should try another battery, because when i had my previous phone the DHD i had similar problem,and after replacing the battery everything was OK. I hope you find a solution to your problem. :eek: One more guestion ,what Rom did you used when that problem occur.

Reactions: lameazz

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
I have used runny-bliss 1.2. I left device switched off whole night and nothing, it starts but screen is black. Why u think that it is battery?

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
No screen is dead, so i cant go to cwm. It is possible yes, but only pressing butons(vol. down + power) but no visible image/screen :)
The proof that cwm works is successfully locked BL and installed stock eu ruu (for warranty :D)
..so device starts normal when i push power button, stock boot sound plays, bottom buttons light up, but no picture :)

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
interesting...but your phone start...so its not bricked...why so complicated..why you did not make a full wipe..also use the bindroid full wipe and flash the rom again..?

with kind regards

edit: sorry read all now..and see you can not get to cwm...but it load if you plug to charger..? mmmhhh...sounds like a display problem...but why..?

Last edited:

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
interesting...but your phone start...so its not bricked...why so complicated..why you did not make a full wipe..also use the bindroid full wipe and flash the rom again..?

with kind regards

I was planning to do this after screen "died" first time, but when i run backup proces with titanium backup, the screen died again in the midle of backup proces so "I had hands tied". Since then the screen aint working. So only possible choice was pressing buttons to get into bootloader and lock it and install stock ruu.

Edit:
Dont know why the screen has died after device charged to 100%, some scroling in menu was procided, then htc boot logo appears (like device wants to restart, but ain't working). So i turned it off ( removed the battery) and turned it on again, then my non working screen story starts..

Last edited:

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
I was planning to do this after screen "died" first time, but when i run backup proces with titanium backup, the screen died again in the midle of backup proces so "I had hands tied". Since then the screen aint working. So only possible choice was pressing buttons to get into bootloader and lock it and install stock ruu.

Edit:
Dont know why the screen has died after device charged to 100%, some scroling in menu was procided, then htc boot logo appears (like device wants to restart, but ain't working). So i turned it off ( removed the battery) and turned it on again, then my non working screen story starts..

Sorry to hear about your phone. Mine died one day for no reason too. I managed to get mine replaced though. For the price tags. I think these phones should be better made. Maybe we should all.complain to HTC about the build quality of this device.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
So... i took device to the service and we will see next week what is/was wrong.
I hope for the best :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA

lameazz

Jan 20, 2009
Maribor
So the device is back :D
The motherboard was changed.. So its possible that overclocking has killed motherboard, or what could be wrong here ?
I'm asking for further rooting and flashing roms and custom kernels.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
So the device is back :D
The motherboard was changed.. So its possible that overclocking has killed motherboard, or what could be wrong here ?
I'm asking for further rooting and flashing roms and custom kernels.

My first SXL died too. My second one has been fine though. And i have done nothing diffrent. Maybe it just a bad batch or two floating about. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

nourtalat

Aug 9, 2012
the same here !

was on my S-XL like normal charging it .. and browsing .. after dis connecting the charger the screen went off I thought it's another software error removed the battery placed it up again .. powered it up .. but no display the software booted up with no display !!
and it's not even that hot it used to be !
oh come on that ****ing technical support .. they have just replaced me the screen for hundreds of cash .. they are damn **** !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe it overheate, because you used your phone while charging, my sister had a similar problem, the motherboard overheate or something,she then get a replacment. Or maybe u should try another battery, because when i had my previous phone the DHD i had similar problem,and after replacing the battery everything was OK. I hope you find a solution to your problem. :eek: One more guestion ,what Rom did you used when that problem occur.