[Q] Bricked my I747 - Please Help?

Search This thread

loc626

Mar 24, 2014
La Verne
Hello,

I'm sure there are many threads on about what I'm about to asked but I am a noob and I don't know what to do!!

I tried to flash cm11 to my I747 last night but it failed. So I tried to flash my recovery and it failed at first but second time around it was successful. Only thing is that when it booted, it got stuck on AT&T splash. I left it for about 15-20 minutes but nothing happened. Wasn't sure if my screen was going to burn the image so I turned it off and removed the battery. I have been doing research on how to recover but I want to make sure I do everything correct so I can at least go back to stock.

If there is anyone out there that can please give me some help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Is this fixable?

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hello,

I'm sure there are many threads on about what I'm about to asked but I am a noob and I don't know what to do!!

I tried to flash cm11 to my I747 last night but it failed. So I tried to flash my recovery and it failed at first but second time around it was successful. Only thing is that when it booted, it got stuck on AT&T splash. I left it for about 15-20 minutes but nothing happened. Wasn't sure if my screen was going to burn the image so I turned it off and removed the battery. I have been doing research on how to recover but I want to make sure I do everything correct so I can at least go back to stock.

If there is anyone out there that can please give me some help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Is this fixable?
\

Yeah. Should be fixable. First, can you try booting to recovery and doing a wipe/reset? I presume you have custom recovery? If this doesn't work, then you can try flashing a complete compatible stock restore image via recovery to get the phone working or flash a custom ROM? What Android version were you on prior to the attempt to flash CM? This would let us know what stock version to revert to.

loc626

Mar 24, 2014
La Verne
I was running 4.3 before trying to flash the custom rom. I tried flash the stock rom last night using Odin, but it the flash failed on me twice. I also noticed that the micro sd I had in my cell is now completely dead. When I plug it into my pc it does not show up. I think it still shows up in recovery but it doesnt seem to be working. Im worried about sticking another card in and for some unknown reason it going dead too.

I only found a flash for 4.1.1 as far as stock rom goes.

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I was running 4.3 before trying to flash the custom rom. I tried flash the stock rom last night using Odin, but it the flash failed on me twice. I also noticed that the micro sd I had in my cell is now completely dead. When I plug it into my pc it does not show up. I think it still shows up in recovery but it doesnt seem to be working. Im worried about sticking another card in and for some unknown reason it going dead too.

I only found a flash for 4.1.1 as far as stock rom goes.

If you were already on 4.3, please do not try to flash 4.1.1 now otherwise you could risk bricking your phone. If you tried doing the hard wipe/reset via (custom) recovery and this did not work, you can try flashing a complete stock restore image via recovery. See the instructions in the following thread ....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Unfortunately, you would need to load the stock restore zip to a (micro) SD card. Unless you are able to save files to your phone, there is no other way. Once you have the restore zip ready, boot your phone to recovery mode and flash. You can revert to a custom ROM once your phone is back to working normally.

riche1

Apr 18, 2011
I had this problem TeamWin Recovery. I put Philz recover on there and it worked fine. You will probably have to ADB philz recovery to your phone, if you chose to try Philz. This is what worked when I rooted my girlfriend's phone.

loc626

Mar 24, 2014
La Verne
Thanks to everyone for your help and solutions.

My co-worker, who flashed my root and recovery, was able to get it back to 4.3 stock. Unfortunately, the backup that he made before rooting did not work in recovery [twrp]. So I lost all my pics from the last two months since getting my phone. :(

As sad as I was that I couldn't recover the pics, I am happy to have my phone back to normal+root.

I'm not sure, but maybe it bricked from trying to flash cm11 thru twrp?! Can't really say, but the recovery did not go thru either.... It went thru "successfully" but after I would reboot then it would stay on ATT splash.

Oh well... all is good now. I will steer away from custom roms for now and wait until the 4.4 update comes out for my i747. Or if i get another phone later on, I can use the s3 as a lab rat.

Again, thanks to everyone!