Help htc butterfly s , iam an expert in android but i failed :(

Search This thread

hwoarang626

Sep 18, 2007
hii ...

i have HTC butterfly s phone is boot looping ,,,

issue :

when entering OS i can see the lock screen for 3 seconds then reboot.

solutions tried :

1- tried to wipe from TWRP recovery when it reaches /data >>> reboot.
2- tried to install another ROM without wiping >>>> reboot
3- tried to install CWM recovery , it says completed in fastboot (CMD) but recovery is not changing.
4- tried to lock the boot loader again , it says no such file or directory .
5- tried to boot in safemode but i see the lock screen for 3 seconds then reboot

iam stuck ... please help

thank you

hwoarang626

Sep 18, 2007
hello
it happened to me the same, I just download it stock rom that is here, you have to see the version of your phone to know which is for yours.
greetings and good luck

all credits to the creator of the post

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663295

hi .. thanks for reply ,,,

i downloaded stock rom 2.21 and tried to flash it from recovery when it tries to install the rom when it reaches to writing /data phone reboots

you mean something else ?

thanks ...

hwoarang626

Sep 18, 2007
i want to add one thing ,,,

i have TWRP recovery 2.6.0.0 and i want to change it to CWM , i try to install from fastboot and it says successful but when i go into recovery its not changed !!!!!!

recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (12364 KB)... OKAY [ 1.794s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.983s]
finished. total time: 2.777s

Last edited:

GAVANA

Mar 11, 2011
santiago
i want to add one thing ,,,

hello
at first I was the same with the recovery, but install this and it worked well, and use that version of android stock for now
but if you want to upgrade later (OTAS), you would have to have stock recovery and unroot your device, saludos

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2730482 .

i have TWRP recovery 2.6.0.0 and i want to change it to CWM , i try to install from fastboot and it says successful but when i go into recovery its not changed !!!!!!

recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (12364 KB)... OKAY [ 1.794s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.983s]
finished. total time: 2.777s

hello
at first I was the same with the recovery, but install this and it worked well, and use that version of android stock for now
but if you want to upgrade later (OTAS), you would have to have stock recovery and unroot your device

regards

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2730482

Last edited:

hwoarang626

Sep 18, 2007
its the same ,,, i tried to install the recovery you gave me but it did not install the recovery , Iam still stuck with a recovery that is not doing anything .

thanks

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
one more point ,,, i noticed that my /system is empty ...

Since no one else is really helping you I will.
So what I gathered is your Rom bootloops and you've tried installing stock Rom but still no luck so you want to switch recoveries but you can't get twrp to flash...?

1. Are you S-Off or S-On? If you are s-on you must flash boot.img with this command
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

2. To flash a recovery made for your device you must place it in fastboot and enter this
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

3. Place Rom on internel storage if you choose cwm because it doesn't support external sdcard like twrp. For latest twrp, message @kairi_zeroblade... If you can't place on internal with cwm then you must do a sideload with the Rom same goes for twrp.

Want to support InsertCoin? Just get our donate key :)

Last edited:

hwoarang626

Sep 18, 2007
Since no one else is really helping you I will.
So what I gathered is your Rom bootloops and you've tried installing stock Rom but still no luck so you want to switch recoveries but you can't get twrp to flash...?

1. Are you S-Off or S-On? If you are s-on you must flash boot.img with this command
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

2. To flash a recovery made for your device you must place it in fastboot and enter this
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

3. Place Rom on internel storage if you choose cwm because it doesn't support external sdcard like twrp. For latest twrp, message @kairi_zeroblade... If you can't place on internal with cwm then you must do a sideload with the Rom same goes for twrp.

thank you for your help ,,,

im S-ON

fastboot flash boot boot
.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'boot' (6104 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.830s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.590s]
finished. total time: 1.420s.

fastboot flash recovery
cwm6.0.4.5.img
sending 'recovery' (12364 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.430s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.990s]
finished. total time: 2.420s

i did what you said but nothing changed im still on TWRP recovery 2.6.0.0 and my room is boot looping

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
thank you for your help ,,,

im S-ON

fastboot flash boot boot
.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'boot' (6104 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.830s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.590s]
finished. total time: 1.420s.

fastboot flash recovery
cwm6.0.4.5.img
sending 'recovery' (12364 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.430s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.990s]
finished. total time: 2.420s

i did what you said but nothing changed im still on TWRP recovery 2.6.0.0 and my room is boot looping

Not sure if you can enter this command without a-off but try

Code:
fastboot erase cache

Then repeat the previous post....

If that doesn't work I'd try firewaters universal s-off tool and obtain s-off and try that command or see if it fixes your issues with your device. if that fails your best bet would be to ruu.. if you can't do that either you got a useless device till s-off exploit Is found if that's the reason why it's messing up.... Or donate it to someone who could fix it (me)

Last edited:

hwoarang626

Sep 18, 2007
Not sure if you can enter this command without a-off but try

Code:
fastboot erase cache

Then repeat the previous post....

If that doesn't work I'd try firewaters universal s-off tool and obtain s-off and try that command or see if it fixes your issues with your device. if that fails your best bet would be to ruu.. if you can't do that either you got a useless device till s-off exploit Is found if that's the reason why it's messing up.... Or donate it to someone who could fix it (me)

i tried this and no luck ,,,

actually i tried every thing but the problem is that the data does not change in the phone ,, i even formated (real format fsck) to /data and it was showing its empty but after reboot everything went back ,,, iam fixing android phones since htc desire but never faced anything like this ,,,

thank you for your help ,, and what you mean by donate and get it fixed ?

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
i tried this and no luck ,,,

actually i tried every thing but the problem is that the data does not change in the phone ,, i even formated (real format fsck) to /data and it was showing its empty but after reboot everything went back ,,, iam fixing android phones since htc desire but never faced anything like this ,,,

thank you for your help ,, and what you mean by donate and get it fixed ?

Seem like you fried your "/data" partition from what you just mentioned above. The only way I could see you fix is ruu. Cause HTC won't fix it if you send it in with a custom recovery at which you can't change.

And what I meant is since the device is rendered completely useless, unless you can get a run to ruu. You'd donate it to me this way i could try and fix it...

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mr_wehbe

Jan 10, 2009
Seem like you fried your "/data" partition from what you just mentioned above. The only way I could see you fix is ruu. Cause HTC won't fix it if you send it in with a custom recovery at which you can't change.

And what I meant is since the device is rendered completely useless, unless you can get a run to ruu. You'd donate it to me this way i could try and fix it...

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

i think im facing the same problem here, do u know where we can find the RUU, I searched the whole internet and i could not find, im ready to donate if u fix my problem and provide me with the RUU.

Regards

koniiiik

Jun 12, 2008
Göteborg
koniiiik.org
i think im facing the same problem here, do u know where we can find the RUU, I searched the whole internet and i could not find, im ready to donate if u fix my problem and provide me with the RUU.

Regards

There is no RUU for this phone, as far as I know. The closest thing to RUU is flashing everything by hand, but this seems to have failed in this case, unfortunately.