[DEV][BETA][PREVIEW] TWRP 2.2 Recovery for NT

Search This thread

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG (for 2.2.0):
- On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
- Name new backups and rename existing backups
- Rename files and folders in the file manager
- Pseudo-terminal emulator
- Support decrypting an encrypted data partition on Galaxy Nexus (enter password using keyboard)
- Backup archive splitting -- allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
- Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
- Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
- Improved zip install compatibility
- Updated update-binary source code
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

ORIGINAL POST (from May):

This is a work in progress.

TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) 2.1 by TeamWin is an alternative recovery (instead of ClockworkMod) that is a good companion for Goo Manager. See this video for more info.

This is an experimental, mostly untested build of TWRP2 for entertainment purposes only. USE OR ATTEMPT TO USE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. It is intended for those who are willing to risk any and all damage, loss, and STD infection to their hardware, data, person, and associates resulting from this software. Do not attempt to use unless you understand and accept these risks.

Please note this is using the still-being-developed 3.x kernel.

I am including the raw .imgs which can be fastbooted or used on an SD (rename recovery.img.sdcard to recovery.img and put on SD in place of the existing version). Which I don't recommend doing of course, given the disclaimer above. Remember I don't have an NT so I haven't run this... ever.

Finally, this has not at all been put through any kind of paces. That's for you, assuming all the risks, to do. And report it back here for everyone's benefit.

Thanks to dees_troy, eyeballer and demetris_I & frustro for testing this. I'm busy the next few days, so I'm volunteering demetris_I, who has it running, to answer anyone's questions per his availability :)

twrp-2.1-nt-2012-05-17E-fullofbugs.tar.gz

History

6/12/12 - updated first post.. No binaries yet.. Can someone make one?

5/17 -
Updated 3.0 kernel to support new 512GB NTs (untested)
Updated twrp codebase to latest
Newer cm9 stuff as well

5/17B&C
Use cmdline from u-boot.bin to determine max ram size.
fix device showing up as "B" to "NookTablet"

5/17D&E
I can't remember. But it's betterer.

Last edited:

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Well... there's always update.zip

I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing if you've installed fastboot to your computer, this should work:

1. boot into cyanoboot and choose Fastboot from the menu.

2. On your computer, navigate to where recovery.img is and enter into the terminal

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Or... maybe someone could whip up a quick update-twrp2-nt-2012-5-14.zip maybe?

I guess that someone might as well be me. This is intended for use with an existing cwm recovery. This will flash to emmc...maybe.

update-twrp-2.1-nt-2012-05-14-fullofbugs-emmc.zip
MD5: 337269fa77017150325d398216a6dd3c

Thoroughly and completely untested. I really don't know if it will even install, and if it does, if it will work. See all disclaimers above, plus make up some additional ones yourself.

Edit: See below about a possible issue with possible difficulties accessing the external SD card. Internal /emmc seems to work consistently. Looking into it, but if you want to help debug this, that would be much appreciated. Just knowing what works or doesn't work and log samples (dmesg via adb) would be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: slgooding

SilentStormer

Jan 28, 2012
The land of no-iPhones
Will this completely replace CWM as the recovery? Or will it run alongside. Anything else I should be aware if before I try to flash (do it on a fresh rom install, will I be able to restore from a backup if something goes wrong etc etc...)

Sent from my Team A CM9 Alpha 0.03 Nook Tablet

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
It will replace cwm.
Rom doesnt matter :), they reside in different partitions.
Cyanoboot is all you want if anything goes wrong or/and CWM/TWRP from sd card so you can dd the recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: lost101 and fattire

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Will this completely replace CWM as the recovery? Or will it run alongside. Anything else I should be aware if before I try to flash (do it on a fresh rom install, will I be able to restore from a backup if something goes wrong etc etc...)

Should replace it completely. I say should because if you do this with the update.zip, you will be the first one to try it.

Oh, Mister_Argent is trying it on IRC...

Mr. Argent

Dec 25, 2010
Elmhurst, IL
The Zip seems to work! Android boots fine, and it's entirely possible to get into TWRP via Cyanoboot. This might just be me, but the terminal seems to lock up...

Last edited:

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Oh hey argent, so the zip works? And is it worth my time to change from CWM to TWRP?

There may be issues with selecting the external SD card... not sure what the deal is. I believe demetris_I checked this out previously, but you can use the internal (/emmc) one though until this is worked out/confirmed one way or the other.

Note: if anyone is good at verifying/debugging, post any relavent dmesg stuff + what your theory is on the issue :)

Last edited:

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
There may be issues with selecting the external SD card... not sure what the deal is. I believe demetris_I checked this out previously, but you can use the internal (/emmc) one though until this is worked out/confirmed one way or the other.

Note: if anyone is good at verifying/debugging, post any relavent dmesg stuff + what your theory is on the issue :)

No issues with external sd it just take some seconds to mount, is not instant but it will mount.

Reactions: lost101

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
8gb NT. Successfully flashed internally; will test, log and provide feedback on any issues.

The zip file name is overly long and CWM doesn't like it. Renaming to something shorter solves the issue.

In my experience with other android devices, it is normally recommended you wipe 'dalvik cache' whenever changing / updating kernel. Perhaps this step will avoid some issues for people.

Edit: Flashing gapps update via Goo Manager results in failure of rom to load after Cyanoboot screen. I did not choose to wipe dalvik / cache in Goo Manager. Also unable to access Cyanoboot via N. Screen appears but does not seem to respond and automatically boots emmc (blank screen).

Last edited:

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
Re-download Gapps and press the buttons combo to access twrp/cwm and reflash (power+N)
What rom and what gapps you are using?
Make sure they are downloaded ok before flashing.

lost101

May 30, 2008
Re-download Gapps and press the buttons combo to access twrp/cwm and reflash (power+N)
What rom and what gapps you are using?
Make sure they are downloaded ok before flashing.

I could not access twrp as already stated, because Cyanoboot did not respond to button press. I've managed to get access to CWM via sdcard and reflashed another gapps. CM9 still will not load.

Next, I plan to wipe everything and flash CM9 anew.

Edit: Still won't boot. Looks like I have a brick to fix.

Edit2: Flashing CWM internally got everything working again. Cyanoboot would previously go automatically to loading from emmc; there was no delay / opportunity to press N to access the menu. Now the delay occurs and I have access. CM9 also loads.

Edit3: Reflashed TWRP internally again. It's not working on 8gb NT. It doesn't break Cyanoboot or prevent CM9 from loading, but any attempt to load TWRP results in a black screen.

Last edited:

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
How do you flash twrp?
If you flash the zip can you please try the fastboot way?
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, thanks

lost101

May 30, 2008
How do you flash twrp?
If you flash the zip can you please try the fastboot way?
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, thanks

I flashed the above emmc zip via cwm internal

I have adb working, however fastboot seems to require a separate driver to work in windows. I've searched the forum and have not found a clear answer.

Last edited:

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
I'm guessing the 3.0 kernel doesn't have support added for the 8gb nts yet. I guess maybe I could look into that...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Reactions: lost101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG (for 2.2.0):
    - On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
    - Name new backups and rename existing backups
    - Rename files and folders in the file manager
    - Pseudo-terminal emulator
    - Support decrypting an encrypted data partition on Galaxy Nexus (enter password using keyboard)
    - Backup archive splitting -- allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
    - Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
    - Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
    - Improved zip install compatibility
    - Updated update-binary source code
    - Numerous small bug fixes and improvements

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

ORIGINAL POST (from May):

This is a work in progress.

TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) 2.1 by TeamWin is an alternative recovery (instead of ClockworkMod) that is a good companion for Goo Manager. See this video for more info.

This is an experimental, mostly untested build of TWRP2 for entertainment purposes only. USE OR ATTEMPT TO USE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. It is intended for those who are willing to risk any and all damage, loss, and STD infection to their hardware, data, person, and associates resulting from this software. Do not attempt to use unless you understand and accept these risks.

Please note this is using the still-being-developed 3.x kernel.

I am including the raw .imgs which can be fastbooted or used on an SD (rename recovery.img.sdcard to recovery.img and put on SD in place of the existing version). Which I don't recommend doing of course, given the disclaimer above. Remember I don't have an NT so I haven't run this... ever.

Finally, this has not at all been put through any kind of paces. That's for you, assuming all the risks, to do. And report it back here for everyone's benefit.

Thanks to dees_troy, eyeballer and demetris_I & frustro for testing this. I'm busy the next few days, so I'm volunteering demetris_I, who has it running, to answer anyone's questions per his availability :)

twrp-2.1-nt-2012-05-17E-fullofbugs.tar.gz

History

6/12/12 - updated first post.. No binaries yet.. Can someone make one?

5/17 -
    Updated 3.0 kernel to support new 512GB NTs (untested)
    Updated twrp codebase to latest
    Newer cm9 stuff as well

5/17B&C
    Use cmdline from u-boot.bin to determine max ram size.
    fix device showing up as "B" to "NookTablet"

5/17D&E
    I can't remember. But it's betterer.
    Ok.. here is an updated TWRP for you guys. This is bumped to mainline 2.2.1 but is 2.2.1 beta1 for you guys as there are some bugs - the main one is that usb mount does NOT work in recovery. You will need to use adb push to send files to the device (or copy them before you get to recovery). Also, if you are unplugged from usb/power then choosing reboot will actually power off.

Other than that, storage works and it will work on both nt8 and nt16.

Fastboot flash this: http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/openrecovery-twrp-2.2.1b1-acclaim.img This is NOT available in goo manager yet due to the mentioned bugs.

Big thanks to Rebellos, raywaldo, ntemis, frustro, Clark008 and the rest of the #nook-tablet chan.
    I just booted this on my 16GB nook and a few comments

in adb shell
    dmesg shows

Code:
    <4>Ignoring tag cmdline (using the default kernel command line)

but in the new 1.4.2 update the whole point was that MLO and u-boot would determine the correct RAM and pass that in the kernel cmdline so I think this needs some investigation.

next I cannot see the sd card in twrp only the internal emmc.

Code:
    ~ # ls /dev/block
    loop0         loop7         mmcblk0p2     mmcblk0p9     ram11         ram4
    loop1         mmcblk0       mmcblk0p3     mmcblk1       ram12         ram5
    loop2         mmcblk0boot0  mmcblk0p4     mmcblk1p1     ram13         ram6
    loop3         mmcblk0boot1  mmcblk0p5     platform      ram14         ram7
    loop4         mmcblk0p1     mmcblk0p6     ram0          ram15         ram8
    loop5         mmcblk0p10    mmcblk0p7     ram1          ram2          ram9
    loop6         mmcblk0p11    mmcblk0p8     ram10         ram3
    ~ # ls /dev/block/platform/
    omap
    ~ # ls /dev/block/platform/omap/
    omap_hsmmc.0  omap_hsmmc.1
    ~ # ls /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/
    by-num     mmcblk1    mmcblk1p1
    ~ # ls /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/mmcblk1
    /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/mmcblk1
    ~ # ls /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/
    by-name       mmcblk0boot0  mmcblk0p10    mmcblk0p3     mmcblk0p6     mmcblk0p9
    by-num        mmcblk0boot1  mmcblk0p11    mmcblk0p4     mmcblk0p7
    mmcblk0       mmcblk0p1     mmcblk0p2     mmcblk0p5     mmcblk0p8
    ~ # ls /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/
    boot        bootloader  factory     recovery    system      xloader
    bootdata    cache       media       rom         userdata

these paths have changed from CM7.2 so the recovery.fstab and vold.conf will have to be updated

also

Code:
    ~ # cat /etc/fstab 
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system ext4 rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 /data ext4 rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /cache ext4 rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdc vfat rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 /emmc vfat rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd-ext  rw

this is missing /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard

Code:
    ~ # grep mount *.rc
    init.rc:    mount /tmp /tmp tmpfs
    ~ # grep sdc *.rc
    init.rc:    export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /sdcard
    init.rc:    mkdir /sdcard
    ~ # cat /etc/fstab 
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system ext4 rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 /data ext4 rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /cache ext4 rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdc vfat rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 /emmc vfat rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd-ext  rw

Code:
    /etc # mount /sdc
    /etc # df

Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    tmpfs                   339564        48    339516   0% /dev
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
                          12570616   3214408   9356208  26% /emmc
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
                          12570616   3214408   9356208  26% /sdcard
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p1  31150704   7921504  23229200  25% /sdc

so it is able to mount the sdcard on /sdc

when I did less on /init.rc it has dos line endings it needs a dos2unix

and finally there is a kernel oops in the dmesg

Code:
    <4>------------[ cut here ]------------
    <4>WARNING: at /home/fattire/gh/kuzma30/kernel3NookTablet/arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_l3_noc.c:135 l3_interrupt_handler+0x25c/0x34c()
    <4>CUSTOM SRESP error with SOURCE:L4 PER2
    <4>Modules linked in:
    <4>Backtrace: 
    <4>[<c005398c>] (dump_backtrace+0x0/0x10c) from [<c04d7064>] (dump_stack+0x18/0x1c)
    <4> r7:00000009 r6:00000087 r5:c007242c r4:ed44da20
    <4>[<c04d704c>] (dump_stack+0x0/0x1c) from [<c00932d4>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x54/0x6c)
    <4>[<c0093280>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x0/0x6c) from [<c0093390>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x38/0x40)
    <4> r9:c0701354 r8:f0844b00 r7:00080003 r6:c06b2af0 r5:00000b48
    <4>r4:f0844000
    <4>[<c0093358>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x0/0x40) from [<c007242c>] (l3_interrupt_handler+0x25c/0x34c)
    <4> r3:c05fe488 r2:c05fe38c
    <4>[<c00721d0>] (l3_interrupt_handler+0x0/0x34c) from [<c00d5620>] (handle_irq_event_percpu+0x54/0x188)
    <4>[<c00d55cc>] (handle_irq_event_percpu+0x0/0x188) from [<c00d5798>] (handle_irq_event+0x44/0x64)
    <4>[<c00d5754>] (handle_irq_event+0x0/0x64) from [<c00d7f80>] (handle_fasteoi_irq+0xa0/0x10c)
    <4> r7:0000002a r6:ed44c000 r5:c068964c r4:c0689600
    <4>[<c00d7ee0>] (handle_fasteoi_irq+0x0/0x10c) from [<c00d5198>] (generic_handle_irq+0x38/0x44)
    <4> r5:c0047e44 r4:c06951d8
    <4>[<c00d5160>] (generic_handle_irq+0x0/0x44) from [<c0049054>] (asm_do_IRQ+0x54/0xb4)
    <4>[<c0049000>] (asm_do_IRQ+0x0/0xb4) from [<c004f4c8>] (__irq_svc+0x48/0xe0)
    <4>Exception stack(0xed44db18 to 0xed44db60)
    <4>db00:                                                       c06aec34 a0000013
    <4>db20: 00000001 00000000 c06aebe8 c06aec34 a0000013 00000000 3b9aca00 ed44dbb8
    <4>db40: 00000000 ed44db6c ed44db70 ed44db60 c0060a84 c04d9ef8 60000013 ffffffff
    <4> r9:ed44c000 r8:00000001 r7:00000002 r6:0000002a r5:fa240100
    <4>r4:ffffffff
    <4>[<c04d9ed4>] (_raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore+0x0/0x50) from [<c0060a84>] (omap_hwmod_idle+0x3c/0x44)
    <4>[<c0060a48>] (omap_hwmod_idle+0x0/0x44) from [<c007873c>] (omap_device_idle_hwmods+0x30/0x44)
    <4> r7:00000000 r6:c06b5f10 r5:ed489e00 r4:00000001
    <4>[<c007870c>] (omap_device_idle_hwmods+0x0/0x44) from [<c00788a0>] (_omap_device_deactivate+0xb4/0x138)
    <4> r5:c06b5f10 r4:ed489e00
    <4>[<c00787ec>] (_omap_device_deactivate+0x0/0x138) from [<c0078b00>] (omap_device_idle+0x28/0x74)
    <4>[<c0078ad8>] (omap_device_idle+0x0/0x74) from [<c0078d10>] (_od_runtime_suspend+0x24/0x2c)
    <4> r4:00000000
    <4>[<c0078cec>] (_od_runtime_suspend+0x0/0x2c) from [<c02a2c9c>] (rpm_callback+0x54/0x68)
    <4> r5:ed489e08 r4:c0078cec
    <4>[<c02a2c48>] (rpm_callback+0x0/0x68) from [<c02a3024>] (rpm_suspend+0xfc/0x488)
    <4> r7:c0688080 r6:00000000 r5:00000000 r4:ed489e08
    <4>[<c02a2f28>] (rpm_suspend+0x0/0x488) from [<c02a42a8>] (__pm_runtime_suspend+0x64/0x7c)
    <4>[<c02a4244>] (__pm_runtime_suspend+0x0/0x7c) from [<c02a06b8>] (pm_generic_runtime_idle+0x4c/0x54)
    <4> r7:ed489e68 r6:c0078cb4 r5:ed489e08 r4:ed489e08
    <4>[<c02a066c>] (pm_generic_runtime_idle+0x0/0x54) from [<c0078cc4>] (_od_runtime_idle+0x10/0x14)
    <4> r5:ed489e08 r4:00000000
    <4>[<c0078cb4>] (_od_runtime_idle+0x0/0x14) from [<c02a3500>] (rpm_idle+0xdc/0x180)
    <4>[<c02a3424>] (rpm_idle+0x0/0x180) from [<c02a3684>] (__pm_runtime_idle+0x64/0x7c)
    <4> r7:00000004 r6:60000013 r5:ed489e08 r4:ed489e68
    <4>[<c02a3620>] (__pm_runtime_idle+0x0/0x7c) from [<c032923c>] (omap_i2c_idle+0x8c/0xd0)
    <4> r7:c071d488 r6:ed409800 r5:ed489e00 r4:ed409800
    <4>[<c03291b0>] (omap_i2c_idle+0x0/0xd0) from [<c032964c>] (omap_i2c_xfer+0x150/0x6a8)
    <4> r5:ed409800 r4:ed409878
    <4>[<c03294fc>] (omap_i2c_xfer+0x0/0x6a8) from [<c032757c>] (i2c_transfer+0xb0/0xec)
    <4>[<c03274cc>] (i2c_transfer+0x0/0xec) from [<c02b1728>] (twl_i2c_read+0xc4/0x150)
    <4>[<c02b1664>] (twl_i2c_read+0x0/0x150) from [<c02b17c8>] (twl_i2c_read_u8+0x14/0x18)
    <4>[<c02b17b4>] (twl_i2c_read_u8+0x0/0x18) from [<c027c584>] (twl6030ldo_get_voltage+0x2c/0x58)
    <4>[<c027c558>] (twl6030ldo_get_voltage+0x0/0x58) from [<c0277cb0>] (_regulator_get_voltage+0x70/0x74)
    <4>[<c0277c40>] (_regulator_get_voltage+0x0/0x74) from [<c02790d8>] (regulator_get_voltage+0x24/0x3c)
    <4> r5:ecf3ec00 r4:eceae9c0
    <4>[<c02790b4>] (regulator_get_voltage+0x0/0x3c) from [<c034ccf8>] (mmc_regulator_set_ocr+0x4c/0x124)
    <4> r5:ecf3ec00 r4:ecf3eee0
    <4>[<c034ccac>] (mmc_regulator_set_ocr+0x0/0x124) from [<c035c05c>] (omap_hsmmc_1_set_power+0x6c/0xa8)
    <4> r9:ecf3ee20 r8:00000000 r7:ed4a8a08 r6:00000012 r5:00000001
    <4>r4:ecf3eee0
    <4>[<c035bff0>] (omap_hsmmc_1_set_power+0x0/0xa8) from [<c035a790>] (omap_hsmmc_set_ios+0x40c/0x474)
    <4>[<c035a384>] (omap_hsmmc_set_ios+0x0/0x474) from [<c034c5c0>] (mmc_power_up+0x80/0xb8)
    <4>[<c034c540>] (mmc_power_up+0x0/0xb8) from [<c034d56c>] (mmc_rescan+0x250/0x2e4)
    <4> r5:00000000 r4:ecf3ec00
    <4>[<c034d31c>] (mmc_rescan+0x0/0x2e4) from [<c00a8c08>] (process_one_work+0x120/0x3e4)
    <4> r9:ecf3ee20 r8:00000000 r7:ed44c000 r6:ed4f7600 r5:c06fe5c0
    <4>r4:ed406380
    <4>[<c00a8ae8>] (process_one_work+0x0/0x3e4) from [<c00a9258>] (worker_thread+0x190/0x460)
    <4>[<c00a90c8>] (worker_thread+0x0/0x460) from [<c00af9d0>] (kthread+0x90/0x98)
    <4>[<c00af940>] (kthread+0x0/0x98) from [<c009717c>] (do_exit+0x0/0x708)
    <4> r7:00000013 r6:c009717c r5:c00af940 r4:ed43beb8
    <4>---[ end trace 02f44b81234ad067 ]---

hope this helps in your debugging.
    Some info...

Recovery is separate from the rom. You'll be fine. I have it running on my 16GB.

That's right. For emmc, you have an .img file that contains the "recovery" partition. It has three parts:

1. Cyanoboot -- This is the "2nd bootloader" (u-boot) that will run when you hold down the recovery shortcut keys on boot. If you have cyanoboot in say, cm9, THAT version will be run if you don't hold down the shortcut keys. Cyanboot does have the changes required for the newer NTs. See the cyanoboot thread for a discussion about how cyanboot is placed at the head of the .img and how the next two sections, which would normally be 'recovery.img' in any other android device are set at a 512 block offset.

2. The kernel-- We're using the 3.0 kernel which doesn't (yet) have the changes for the newer NTs. I'm gonna try to patch it in soon, but I guess I'll need someone to test as I don't have a device to test with. I'll also need to make sure that the new additions don't break the other NT either.

3. TWRP-- The twrp recovery is in the form of a "ramdisk" -- it's entirely self-contained and once loaded shouldn't have to load any more parts from emmc or whatever.

Parts 2 & 3, along with a header, constitute the "normal" recovery.img. Loglud has written up a howto that discusses the process for combining the kernel+ramdisk to make a boot image (or in this case a recovery image), if you are at all interested in how it works.
    protip: install via goo manager.

Another way to install this experimental build of twrp, courtesy of TeamWin:

1. Get Goo Manager from the market and run it.
    2. In the menu, select "install openscript recovery". At some point you may be asked to give Goo Manager superuser permissions.
    3. When it's done, reboot into recovery.

Thanks, eyeballer for implementing and frustro for testing.

This may make automatic installations of cm9 builds easier...