Universal RUU - CID Checking bypassed

Search This thread

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
Hi, after speaking to Midget_1990, I have patched the RUU for the Universal to allow flashing with any CID on your phone, this is the official Universal RUU (with a slight GUI mod by someone Midget_1990 mentioned)

so have at it... enjoy.

Attachments

• UniversalRUU.zip
    238.9 KB · Views: 15,948
Last edited:

Skwyk

Dec 13, 2005
Moscow
Olipro
Is it possible that you will make a HardSPL for Universal?
We still have no way to recover bricked radio...

Midget_1990

Retired Moderator
Mar 4, 2006
Worthing
we were discussing that earlier. the nogsm shows when the radio bootloader is not written to the device properly for whatever reason. its still early days but it may be possible to create a new radio bootloader that cant be overwritten so that problem wont occur. however it wont fix thoses who allready ahve the problem.

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
Olipro
Is it possible that you will make a HardSPL for Universal?
We still have no way to recover bricked radio...

ok, if you are flashing a radio, and you brick your radio, but not the radio bootloader, then you should be able to recover by reflashing.

if you brick the Radio bootloader, then unfortunately, there is no way for you to recover from this; possibly the only way of recovery is directly accessing the radio chip pins via whatever interface it is... perhaps i2c? and flashing on a radio BL again through a separate interface... meaning you then need a radio bootloader binary in the correct format.

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
ok, if you are flashing a radio, and you brick your radio, but not the radio bootloader, then you should be able to recover by reflashing.

Not in 100% of the cases... there are some situations where the radio bootloader is intact, but the radio is screwed, this causes all bootloader commands that require radio seclevel to be queried to hang the device (like 'task 32' or 'info 2'), thus not being able to flash it with the usual RUUs.
If this happens, it can easily be fixed with hermflasher by flashing the raw radio without prior authenticating to bootloader.

farehmani

Apr 19, 2006
Lahore
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Olipro!!! am having No GSM here!!!

Dear Dr. PDAs

My Universal is suffering for bad blocks of Radio ROM i guess.

it Says NO GSM when boots.

Boots WIN CE very well

can't flash radio rom.

Please tell if we could have HardSPL for Universal or is there any other way to recover it...

waiting.

farehmani

bejoa

Jan 21, 2007
V1640 and flash rom radio problem

hello,

On my V1640 my radio rom is version :0.00.00, and I can't flash:( it with a newradio rom. It is probably a CID Lock problem, How works Universal RUU ?
Is there a tutorial for flashing with Universal RUU ?
thanks
Regards

Jul 31, 2007
Has anyone got anywhere to fix problems with radio mess ups I have an O2 XDA Exec and loads 2.05 ok but error when flashing any Radio. Tried all I can find but no luck

bejoa

Jan 21, 2007
Flashing radio rom Ok !!!
I flashed the radio rom on another PC.... It works fine.:)
Try this..good luck

hoonglih

Sep 5, 2007
Brisbane
Flashing the O2 original ROm with this RUU

Hi,

Can i use this RUU combined with the original ROM from O2 to flash?

My current ROM:
ROM 1.13.82
Radio 1.04.02
ExtROM 1.13.188

New ROM available:
ROM 1.30.107
Radio 1.09.00
ExtROM 1.30.162

I have to use the bootloader mode to flash the new ROM because my XDA Exec has problem on connection with my PC via Active Sync. My Xda just dont sync with my PC where there is no connection established.

Hopefully someone can tell me what is this RUU? Whats the different than the original?

bejoa

Jan 21, 2007
I flashed my universal on a Laptop :
Gericom Select 2580+
AMD 2500+, 512 Mo ram, 80 Gb HD,
Windows XP Home SP2 pack
ActiveSync 4.2
Universal RUU
nothing special installed...
Good luck