Samsung Galaxy S3 Won't turn on after rebooting into recovery using Rom Manager

Search This thread

WNThinks

Jan 5, 2014
I used the new root tool for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.3 and I tried to install Custom Recovery. I went into the Rom Manager App and clicked on 'Reboot into Recovery' and now the phone won't even turn on! Please help!!!!!

ATGkompressor

Jan 3, 2014
Samsung Galaxy A20
Google Pixel 7
You can not flash custom ROMS or recoveries on 4.3. You are required to have an unlocked bootloader to be able to do such modding. Verizon and Samsung have perma-locked our bootloaders. No way around it as of now.

If you can get into ODIN mode (vol. down + power + home) you should be able to flash the stock VRUCML1 back to your phone through ODIN 3.07 unless you've hard bricked.

Search the forums for the stock image. But first just try to get into download mode (ODIN). Without that your stuck...good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: WNThinks

WNThinks

Jan 5, 2014
You can not flash custom ROMS or recoveries on 4.3. You are required to have an unlocked bootloader to be able to do such modding. Verizon and Samsung have perma-locked our bootloaders. No way around it as of now.

If you can get into ODIN mode (vol. down + power + home) you should be able to flash the stock VRUCML1 back to your phone through ODIN 3.07 unless you've hard bricked.

Search the forums for the stock image. But first just try to get into download mode (ODIN). Without that your stuck...good luck.

As I said, I can't turn the device on at all. Thanks for the help though.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Could I use a USB Jig?

In theory, usb jig is for softbrick where you reset download mode and sdcard method is for hard brick where you let the phone boot up from its own bootloader which is located on the sdcard. You can try it won't hurt. Make sure you know what you doing..since usb jig required to play with circuit board stuff...

WNThinks

Jan 5, 2014
In theory, usb jig is for softbrick where you reset download mode and sdcard method is for hard brick where you let the phone boot up from its own bootloader which is located on the sdcard. You can try it won't hurt. Make sure you know what you doing..since usb jig required to play with circuit board stuff...
Okay thanks. I am going to try the SD card method. From everything I've heard it works great! Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.