[Solved] No sdcard after flash The_apes Flashable zip in clockwork

Search This thread

Bristow69

Oct 3, 2013
Lyon
Hi !

I have a 32 Gb Touchpad on CM10.1 and i'd like to upgrade on CM11 with Milaq ROM.

So, i downloaded The_apes Flashable zip (this one : sys_512mb_data_plus_24576mb-signed.zip) and i flash it with ClockworkMod 5.x. I've got 2 errors like this.

After that, i flashed with the new ClockworkMod 6.x, but, now, when i want to flash ROM, i've got only 0/ and obb/ folders. I can't acces to sdcard/cminstall.

Boot on Android works fine, but, what i have to do to finish my upgrade on CM11 ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Edit : on ES Explorer you have to activate root access to see /data/media/0

Last edited:

woodytrain

Dec 28, 2011
Hi !

I have a 32 Gb Touchpad on CM10.1 and i'd like to upgrade on CM11 with Milaq ROM.

So, i downloaded The_apes Flashable zip (this one : sys_512mb_data_plus_24576mb-signed.zip) and i flash it with ClockworkMod 5.x. I've got 2 errors like this.

After that, i flashed with the new ClockworkMod 6.x, but, now, when i want to flash ROM, i've got only 0/ and obb/ folders. I can't acces to sdcard/cminstall.

Boot on Android works fine, but, what i have to do to finish my upgrade on CM11 ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Welcome to the world of DataMedia.

In CM10.1 use a Root Browser app (e.g. ROM Toolbox lite) or a file manager app with root permissions (e.g. ES File Explorer or X-Plore) to move your CM11 ROM zip to a directory accessible to your new CWM recovery.

Myself I store all my ROM and recovery zips in the Download directory, where Chrome and Firefox also download files to.

e.g.
/storage/sdcard0/Download
/data/media/0/Download

Bristow69

Oct 3, 2013
Lyon
Thanks woodytrain for your quick reply.

I tried to put my ROM /storage/sdcard0/Download but it's the same, i don't see this folder.

In /data, i've no folder :(

I tried to find obb/ with ES Explorer and it found it on /mnt/, is it normal ?

Last thing, i gone in WebOS in order to use Tailor and found this partition layout, i think it's not ok to flash KitKat :

• USB (media) = 25.43 Gib
  • Android (system) = 408 Mib
  • Android (cache) = 200 Mib
  • Android (data) = 1.5 Gib
  • Unused Space = 8 Mib

I don't knom how to install KK on my touchpad. I don't understand because i don't thing to be a newbie, i flashed i9000 on CM 10.2, Touchpad on CM10.1, but KK made me crazy !

Thanks for your help !

woodytrain

Dec 28, 2011
You need to change your partition sizes. At the very least need to increase /system
And if you want to install a DataMedia (DM) ROM, you need to make additional adjustments.

Right now there are three (or four) KitKat (4.4.2) ROM's for the TouchPad (tenderloin) to choose from:
CM11 - 3.0 kernel (Milaq) - DM
CM11 - 3.4 kernel (invisiblek) - DM
Evervolv - AOSP - 3.4 kernel (flintman) - (two version:- one DM and one not)

If you want to install KitKat on your TouchPad will need to do some reading. Keep in mind all these KK 3.x kernel based ROMs are in development (experimental and/or for testing). Each has its own pros and cons, and various TouchPad features are not yet working, features you might have observed working in previous JB 2.6 kernel ROMs.

If you want to stay with JB, until KK is better baked for the TouchPad you may want to try out the new JB 3.x kernel ROM just released from jcscullins (01-25-14). It is NOT a DM ROM, whereas Milaq's CM10.2 (JB) is a DM ROM.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1811480

Suggestions:

1. For each ROM you are interested in thoroughly read the OP. And suggest reading, at the minimum the last five pages of each thread.

2. Then visit [ROM GUIDE] How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 Builds on the HP TouchPad
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2321397

3. Be sure to read the info on how to update your partition for DM support. If you decide to go with a DM ROM, I would suggest using Tailor to change your partitions since you have Tailor installed on your device already.

4. Backup your device before proceeding. Generate a nandroid backup in your recovery as well as back up your app/data with Titanium Backup

5. A "full wipe" in your recovery (factory reset, including clearing caches, formatting /system) is generally recommended when doing major upgrades (not just a nightly flash of the same ROM).

Once you have chosen a ROM to install, and have downloaded the zips for both the matching ROM and Recovery zips (note each ROM has it's own specific recovery version matched to the ROM), then you should be ready to upgrade.

If you have questions before upgrading post your SPECIFIC questions/issues, identifying the ROM version you are coming from and going to.

Bristow69

Oct 3, 2013
Lyon
Thanks woodytrain for your help.

I understood what i missed : root explorer button on Es Explorer :)

So, now, i can see my files with clockwork Recovery, yes ! I put them in /data/media/0/Download.

After that, i'm gone on Tailor to resize my partitions.

Now, i have :
  • 600 Mb for system
  • 200 Mb for cache
  • 15 Go for media
  • and ~ 6 Go for data, it's not enough but don't care now...

So, i flashed my rom (Milaq CM11) and gapps (after factory reset, format /system, clear /cache) but now, when i boot on cyanogen, i've cyanogen logo and that's all... only a blank screen, i think i'will made an other post except if you have an idea :)

woodytrain

Dec 28, 2011
So, i flashed my rom (Milaq CM11) and gapps (after factory reset, format /system, clear /cache) but now, when i boot on cyanogen, i've cyanogen logo and that's all... only a blank screen, i think i'will made an other post except if you have an idea :)

Not sure what is meant by "15 Go for media". Recommend you follow the partition instructions as listed in the OP of Milaq's CM11 ROM thread. At any rate...

Before you started the process did you do a nandroid, and backup your apps and data with TiBu or helium?

Then when you did the wipe, did you clear Dalvick cache as well?

And then did you flash the CWM recovery version listed in the OP of Milaq's CM11 ROM thread (CWM 6.0.4.6)? You MUST use that version.
http://milaq.exnet.me/downloads/tenderloin/misc/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-tenderloin.zip

You might want to redo the process and hold off installing gapps until you have booted into CM11. Then go back to recovery and install the gapps listed in the OP. Or install one of the PA-gapps packages.

With a few more posts you receive the right to post to the ROM dev thread. Joy!

Bristow69

Oct 3, 2013
Lyon
I reply only to increase my posts :) and because i made a big big mistake after this post, i formated all partitions on clockworkmod (6.0.4.6 ;)). So i will create an other thread on forum...

D

Deleted member 5437200

Mad and Confused

I was duped into updating to 4.4 evervolv when i was on their 4.3.1 rom and im not understanding the layout of my sd-card now. i know all my info is still there but unsure how to reformat so i can use all my space. 32gb touchpad. i will use root explore app to get all my data but can i use onboard storage app to format? Really pissed im in this situation at all. Stupid to be on a 4.3.1 rom and update only to find out it's now a 4.4 rom and my sd-card is different. Thanks much

Nevermind, got it sorted. Good excuse to repartition and reformat everything. Still want nothing from evervolv but there 16mb Gapps package, mwahaha

Last edited by a moderator: