Motorola Defy Mini randomly rebooting

Search This thread
Feb 20, 2014
Bitola, Macedonia
So I have a rooted defy mini and a few days ago it started randomly rebooting. I first noticed it when I tried to wake the phone from sleep, the capacitive buttons lit up but the display stayed black and after a few seconds the phone rebooted. This has happened a few more times since. But now I also noticed that it reboots without me doing anything. I was watching tv with the phone next to me and I saw the screen light up and the phone rebooted just like that. NOTE: It hasn't rebooted while I'm using it, just when it's inactive

Sent from my XT320 using xda app-developers app

diNovoM

Aug 30, 2013
Did you just root the official builds or what? Which Build are you using generally? Did you check your ROMs known limitations? Besides that it could be an Application causing that, especially with root privileges so if you know you're using a known to be stable build you might start writing your tuning/cleaning apps. Btw., did you OC?

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
So I have a rooted defy mini and a few days ago it started randomly rebooting. I first noticed it when I tried to wake the phone from sleep, the capacitive buttons lit up but the display stayed black and after a few seconds the phone rebooted. This has happened a few more times since. But now I also noticed that it reboots without me doing anything. I was watching tv with the phone next to me and I saw the screen light up and the phone rebooted just like that. NOTE: It hasn't rebooted while I'm using it, just when it's inactive

Wipe Data/Factory Reset in Stock Recovery and flash the stock SBF using RSD-Lite.

Feb 20, 2014
Bitola, Macedonia
I am using stock 2.3.6. Anyway since I posted it hasn't restarted yet. Don't know what was causing it. Maybe it was just a temporary issue