SD card damaged on reboot for no reason :(

Search This thread

cindylee60

Aug 3, 2013
I have rooted MK2 but no Safestrap/roms. The last thing I updated was Titanium backup, a couple days ago.

Today, everything was great until I rebooted my phone to see if I could get better wifi reception at work, and suddenly my sd card is corrupted! for no reason! I had a ton of stuff on there, included all my backups :(

has anyone else had this issue? is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again?

<<extra-sad-face>>

mcbeat257

May 8, 2014
Fairfax
Google Pixel 6 Pro

I have rooted MK2 but no Safestrap/roms. The last thing I updated was Titanium backup, a couple days ago.

Today, everything was great until I rebooted my phone to see if I could get better wifi reception at work, and suddenly my sd card is corrupted! for no reason! I had a ton of stuff on there, included all my backups :(

has anyone else had this issue? is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again?

<<extra-sad-face>>

I think that it depends on what the tweak did to it. The only best advice is to back it up to your computer every now and then.

Volvogia

Aug 10, 2012
Washington, WV

<<extra-sad-face>>

I dont really have a fix for it unfortunately. Try taking the SD card out and putting it in a card reader then put it into the PC. See if the PC recognizes it. If it does then copy your SD card to your Desktop then reformat the SD card. I have had 2 32Gig Ultra Sandisks go bad on me (in my old S3) and got tried of it. Got a 32Gig Samsung SD now and have never had a problem.

cindylee60

Aug 3, 2013
good advice. when I get home this evening I'll try my adapters and see if my computer can read it from one of them. And then I'll back it up. And buy a Samsung card!

what a PITA!