[Q] What is the best rom out??

Search This thread

russcausier

Mar 28, 2011
Good thread I'm in the same situation just installed the hd revolution on 3.1.0 but can't play any songs or YouTube as it just reboots the phone!!am I missing something can anyone help please?I installed the wipe and wiped it too,other then these issues its works super smooth!!how do you put firmwares onto custom roms feels like I'm missing something small to overcome these issues,any help would be great please

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
Good thread I'm in the same situation just installed the hd revolution on 3.1.0 but can't play any songs or YouTube as it just reboots the phone!!am I missing something can anyone help please?I installed the wipe and wiped it too,other then these issues its works super smooth!!how do you put firmwares onto custom roms feels like I'm missing something small to overcome these issues,any help would be great please

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Revolution is an HTC Rom. This is the Atrix forum.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

AlienAtrix4G

Apr 24, 2012
My personal favorite is AOKP, but there is video record issues at the moment. I used to use cm7 with ZERO flaws but i love the look of ics and AOKP is gorgeous

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ^^^
    | | |

What he said.

You like stock? -> Nottachtrix or Topogigi.
    You like iOS? -> Why are you here? :p (j/k) MIUI.
    You like stable vanilla Android? -> CM7 (and variants).
    You like vanilla ICS? -> CM9 (and AOKP variants). Still a bit buggy, though.
    You like Sense? -> Get an HTC phone.
    You like AMOLED? -> Buy a Samsung.

All kidding aside, use whatever suits your needs (and wants).
    I know there are things like appearance and features that make roms different but obviously there are newer features and enhancements we want. Looking at the development page i cant tell at what stage a certain rom is at if it is complete or still buggy. Theres no way to tell by looking thru hundreds of posts.
    Itd be nice if there were a seperate page with just the rom downloads with full descriptions and features so they could be compared to choose the one you want. What is miui and do i want it? What roms use it? Are all the roms safe to switch back and forth and will work with 4.5.141 ?
    Ive been running nottach trix and its nice but id like to know if im missing out on anything and have no way of telling if i am ?
    Thanks!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592567

Miui is an android version with an iPhone feel and look. If you like the atrix for the fingerprint unlock (really that's the whole point of having this awesome phone) any blur based rom has it, but cm7 also does without all the bloat of blur and the scanner actually is much faster in response time than blur.
    ^^^
    | | |

What he said.

You like stock? -> Nottachtrix or Topogigi.
    You like iOS? -> Why are you here? :p (j/k) MIUI.
    You like stable vanilla Android? -> CM7 (and variants).
    You like vanilla ICS? -> CM9 (and AOKP variants). Still a bit buggy, though.
    You like Sense? -> Get an HTC phone.
    You like AMOLED? -> Buy a Samsung.

All kidding aside, use whatever suits your needs (and wants).

Actually your summary was helpful to me. I just unlocked and installed CM7 a few days ago, and didn't really understand the difference between all the roms.
    Thank you. Are there any instructions on how to install it? I downloaded the zip file but didn't see any in there.

Don't hurt yourself... or your phone :p Double and triple-read EVERYTHING before you touch a single OK button.
    Seriously... don't brick your phone.

Two important links:
    1) Noob guide:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1302423
    2) How to avoid HardBricking:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1160408