Rogers ROM on AT&T HTC One XL

Search This thread

hexproject

Jan 2, 2007
Was wondering if we can put Rogers ROM on AT&T for 2 reasons.

Turn off LTE and tethering.

Can anyone with Rogers confirm they have tethering ability. Also do you have to pay extra for tethering with Rogers.

I bet AT&T will block those.

krepler

May 27, 2010

Can anyone with Rogers confirm they have tethering ability. Also do you have to pay extra for tethering with Rogers.

Confirmed! We have tethering enabled(free) as well as the option to turn off LTE.

As for loading the Rogers rom onto the AT&T handset, I don't see why not other than maybe some differences in what 3G/4G LTE Bands are made available. Rogers and AT&T are very close in offerings though. Don't know if there's any relation nowadays, but they used to be partners a good 10 years ago here in Canada. I think Rogers bought them out of their wireless venture. Fun fact of the day. Minus the fun :p

Last edited:
Reactions: MatinatorX

hexproject

Jan 2, 2007
Anyone has an unlocked rogers htc one xl phone that also has an att sim card can do a test if att sim card will get lte speed with rogers rom?

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
The Radio firmware is a separate image from the system rom. Once we have a Rogers RUU, you should be able to flash the boot.img and system.img from that without worrying about altering the way your radio connects to the AT&T network.

hexproject

Jan 2, 2007
So what would be a better choice? Att handset with rogers rom or rogers handset stock rom. I just want to be able to tether sometimes without att giving me trouble and turn att off. Since i will be getting out of contract... Price for the handset should be the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: ~David

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
The only difference between the AT&T model and Rogers model is the ROM, so it really wouldn't make a difference. Go with whichever option is easier for you.

(I accidentally thanked your post. Enjoy it lol)

MEGABYTEPR

Jan 30, 2009
Just a quick question for you HOX Rogers owners out there, does the rogers version include any Rogers bloatware? or splash screens?

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
Just a quick question for you HOX Rogers owners out there, does the rogers version include any Rogers bloatware? or splash screens?

Yep...

1 Contacts
1 Number
Games
My Account
Ringbacks
Ringtones
Rogers Live
Shop
urMusic

And there's a Rogers splash screen when shutting off the phone, but not when turning it on.

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland
ummm it doesnt matter which ROM your on... ur still going to get charged for tethering. ATT looks and sees whats connected to their netwok (ie a PC) and will see you're tethering. As far as 3g/4g toggles, wait like 2 weeks for some custom ROMS.

hexproject

Jan 2, 2007
Att wont know if you have a phone from another carrier and its rooted. I am using a xperia and samsung SII and thats how it is.

krepler

May 27, 2010

The thing about the bloatware is it can be disabled in settings-apps under "all" tab which is nice if you don't want them loading and updating all of the time, but they still take up space.

For those that don't know, I didn't when I first found this out, you have to first uninstall any updates an app may have before the option to disable it shows up.

methodz

Nov 25, 2008
ummm it doesnt matter which ROM your on... ur still going to get charged for tethering. ATT looks and sees whats connected to their netwok (ie a PC) and will see you're tethering. As far as 3g/4g toggles, wait like 2 weeks for some custom ROMS.

Is this true? I'm thinking about buying an unlocked Rogers HOX to tether, but I don't want to do it if they are just going to charge me the tethering fee.

Anyone using a Rogers on AT&T?

powerwagon

Jun 6, 2010
Is this true? I'm thinking about buying an unlocked Rogers HOX to tether, but I don't want to do it if they are just going to charge me the tethering fee.

Anyone using a Rogers on AT&T?

If you don't go crazy with tethering then they won't bang you for it. Yes, I briefly used the rogers rom and it unlocked tethering as well as gave the option to turn off lte, however I have gone back to the updated att rom 1.82 and hacked the stock tethering app to work just fine. This rom is ultra smooth compared to the Asian or Rogers rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

methodz

Nov 25, 2008
If you don't go crazy with tethering then they won't bang you for it. Yes, I briefly used the rogers rom and it unlocked tethering as well as gave the option to turn off lte, however I have gone back to the updated att rom 1.82 and hacked the stock tethering app to work just fine. This rom is ultra smooth compared to the Asian or Rogers rom.

Nice, is this method in the dev forum?

Edit: NVM saw it

Last edited:

powerwagon

Jun 6, 2010
Nice, is this method in the dev forum?

Edit: NVM saw it

I believe that's where I found it. Beware, you can't go back to a past build after updating to the latest att leaked rom. That doesn't bother me because it's so much smoother for me, but just giving you a heads up. Search for sqlite editor...that's what I used to edit the proper files for att hot spot to work. I'll look for the thread and post if I find it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Confirmed! We have tethering enabled(free) as well as the option to turn off LTE.

As for loading the Rogers rom onto the AT&T handset, I don't see why not other than maybe some differences in what 3G/4G LTE Bands are made available. Rogers and AT&T are very close in offerings though. Don't know if there's any relation nowadays, but they used to be partners a good 10 years ago here in Canada. I think Rogers bought them out of their wireless venture. Fun fact of the day. Minus the fun :p
    So what would be a better choice? Att handset with rogers rom or rogers handset stock rom. I just want to be able to tether sometimes without att giving me trouble and turn att off. Since i will be getting out of contract... Price for the handset should be the same.