[Q] HTC One - Custom Recovery not mounting storage

Search This thread

uwaisbeard12

May 18, 2014
Hi,
I've looked everywhere for a solution but couldn't find one that helped. I was trying to flash a mod via TWRP custom recovery (followed all the instructions, wiped dalvik cache etc) but when rebooting, |the phone got stuck on the HTC One logo. I can access the custom recovery but when trying to mount storage, computer -running Windows 8- doesn't seem to do anything. Also made the mistake of not making a nandroid backup beforehand, so just need to be able to flash a ROM. Tried to adb push the file, but it gives me the error 'device not found'.:confused:

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
A lot of people have issues with getting drivers to work on Windows 8. Probably easier if you know someone who has Windows 7 and install the drivers on that

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: uwaisbeard12
Dec 10, 2011
Berlin
Minimal ADB and Fastboot

Maybe you could try this one here, solved this problem for me.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
You can check if adb can find your phone with "adb devices". If there is none, you have to check your drivers again.
I then used adb sideload in TWRP. Start it when connected and type "adb sideload update.zip" (or whatever your zip is called). He will load the file to your root /data directory. You can install the zip from there then.

Reactions: uwaisbeard12

uwaisbeard12

May 18, 2014
Thanks

Thanks for the answers! I'll try using another computer that's not running Windows 8 - I have a feeling its a problem with the drivers.

Apr 27, 2014
Same problem here, when i type fastboot devices the serial appeared but i cant push files like the stock odex rom, cant, i found out i cant access my internal memory, is there a solution for that?

Thanks!!

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Fastboot and adb are different. You can only adb push from in a Rom or in recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A lot of people have issues with getting drivers to work on Windows 8. Probably easier if you know someone who has Windows 7 and install the drivers on that

Minimal ADB and Fastboot

Maybe you could try this one here, solved this problem for me.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
    You can check if adb can find your phone with "adb devices". If there is none, you have to check your drivers again.
    I then used adb sideload in TWRP. Start it when connected and type "adb sideload update.zip" (or whatever your zip is called). He will load the file to your root /data directory. You can install the zip from there then.