How to create roms

Search This thread

jimmydee62

Feb 7, 2011
Allen
I'm interested in learning what tools I need and any guides to teach me how to create roms for my LG G3. Can anyone here help me out with this?

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
I'm interested in learning what tools I need and any guides to teach me how to create roms for my LG G3. Can anyone here help me out with this?

This is a good place to start. A lot of good information.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=193504046

If you can't even search Google to find your answers, I'm sorry to say I think you might fail at creating ROMs

Useless post, just delete it, don't be another **** on XDA for no good reason.

jimmydee62

Feb 7, 2011
Allen
You dont know me

If you can't even search Google to find your answers, I'm sorry to say I think you might fail at creating ROMs

Please do me a favor keep your opinions about me to your self you don't know the first thing about me In the past I was a programmer using Pascal and basic which I created programs to test PCB's So I do know how to program just not android. I did google but I probably didn't phrase it right so didn't find the exact info I was looking for. As far as I'm concerned you are being rude and judgemental so the way I see it is in your best interest to keep your opinions to your self.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Thanks for the support it will be awhile since I have to learn everything from the bottom up.

Best way to start it by cooking your own personalized stock ROM. Learning as you go is a great way to retain that knowledge. After you get the hang of that move on to aosp. A lot of the same principles will carry over. Don't let haters get you down, I saw a guy post in the hacking and development section asking how to do something. He got lit up with insults but went on to do some really cool stuff. I didn't see this in actual time I was just curious about his othere projects and ran into it. One tip I would say is do not depend on kitchens. They work for a quick shortcut to get your stock ROM started but that's about all they are good for (they don't even work with this phone). Good luck!

jimmydee62

Feb 7, 2011
Allen
Best way to start it by cooking your own personalized stock ROM. Learning as you go is a great way to retain that knowledge. After you get the hang of that move on to aosp. A lot of the same principles will carry over. Don't let haters get you down, I saw a guy post in the hacking and development section asking how to do something. He got lit up with insults but went on to do some really cool stuff. I didn't see this in actual time I was just curious about his othere projects and ran into it. One tip I would say is do not depend on kitchens. They work for a quick shortcut to get your stock ROM started but that's about all they are good for (they don't even work with this phone). Good luck!

Yes I want to do it right but everywhere I look I see people doing work with the kitchen software which I have tried on one of the stock rooted deodexed roms I found here and your right very limited. I will keep looking and reading hopefully I will find some guides on the net which will show me how to do what I want to do. When I programmed before one of my friends helped me learn how to do it and I did learn from the bottom up with his help. So I know it is possible just need assistance getting there.

Top Liked Posts