[Q] Ascend P6 - No Google Play

Search This thread

mediaman123

Jul 20, 2013
Glasgow
Here is my story:

My Boss at work drunk one night ordered the P6 from China and it was delivered. To his surprise Google Play did not work.

Being a proud owner of 3 rooted devices with custom ROMS I offered my services to install a custom ROM on his P6 that would here in the UK.

However when using adb to boot into fasboot mode in order to flash a custom recovery nothing happened, I was left with a stuck logo screen.

The phones details are as follows:

kernel: 3.0.8-00796-g97d2208 jenkins@shdapci01 # 1

build: B113SP02

This particular build came with SuperSU already installed. I say already installed as I done a factory reset and it was still there.

I have copied over the beta kit kat zip in the hope that installing this from the stock recovery will help things, I need to wait for an sdcard though.

Am I going done the right path and if not could I be steered in the right path?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
Here is my story:

My Boss at work drunk one night ordered the P6 from China and it was delivered. To his surprise Google Play did not work.

Being a proud owner of 3 rooted devices with custom ROMS I offered my services to install a custom ROM on his P6 that would here in the UK.

However when using adb to boot into fasboot mode in order to flash a custom recovery nothing happened, I was left with a stuck logo screen.

The phones details are as follows:

kernel: 3.0.8-00796-g97d2208 jenkins@shdapci01 # 1

build: B113SP02

This particular build came with SuperSU already installed. I say already installed as I done a factory reset and it was still there.

I have copied over the beta kit kat zip in the hope that installing this from the stock recovery will help things, I need to wait for an sdcard though.

Am I going done the right path and if not could I be steered in the right path?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Never touch the phone of your boss.

mediaman123

Jul 20, 2013
Glasgow
Push the recovery of a official chinese firmware on it and try updating from there.

So your saying that trying to update my current build through the stock recovery to the latest kit kat build is the way to go?

I cant actually push any recovery images to the device as fastboot mode fails to initialize, hence why I am hoping an official update through stock recovery and sd card may solve that problem.

My aim is to get the latest kit kat TWRP installed, back up the stock build, then install a custom ROM.

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
So your saying that trying to update my current build through the stock recovery to the latest kit kat build is the way to go?

I cant actually push any recovery images to the device as fastboot mode fails to initialize, hence why I am hoping an official update through stock recovery and sd card may solve that problem.

My aim is to get the latest kit kat TWRP installed, back up the stock build, then install a custom ROM.

Yes, sdcard is the solution.

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
Ive been looking at various posts regarding the kit kat update and it makes reference to the B132 build and how its essential your on this first before updating to the B510 Kkit kat build.

Should I update to the B132 first?

Yes if you want the KK released by HUAWEI Romania. If you use the other BETA you must be on B125.

mediaman123

Jul 20, 2013
Glasgow
Yes if you want the KK released by HUAWEI Romania. If you use the other BETA you must be on B125.

what other kit kat build is available?

what would you recommend?

I realize i will be putting a cutom ROM anyway, but jut so a stable nandroid backup can be made of an official build.

Thanks so far, you have been really hlepful........

mediaman123

Jul 20, 2013
Glasgow
Through more investigation it seems that the B510 kit kat update includes Google Play so it may be wise to install that and therefore the B132 first....

mediaman123

Jul 20, 2013
Glasgow
couldnt get the b132 build on or the b520, there were errors........

decided to flash twrp for JB and then install a custom rom....

will i ever be able to update to a KK rom now

osstis

Oct 13, 2009
West Yorkshire / Silesia Poland
That is a pain.........it will do for now I suppose......

I haven't heard of anyone else on here mentioning the B113 build, only B132 and so on...

Do you think this is an issue? Should I be updating to another build before trying B132?

Does the stock recovery need to match up with the OS build?

If you still need a help look here http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p6/general/huawei-p6-u06-chinese-rom-help-t2864228

I have same chinese mobile but it's back to international now.

Reactions: mediaman123

Top Liked Posts