[APP] Facebook for Android 1.5

Search This thread

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
Now available in the Android market. It needs a manual update, won't update automatically.

sunilnair21

Jul 5, 2010
Unable to update facebook

When i try to update the Facebook apps from Android market its start downloading and after sometime gives error facebook installation unsuccessful. Please help me to update manually.

talktoanil

May 8, 2010
Internet
All i can say about current 1.5 update is CRAP..total crap.

I am using Samsung Galaxy S running Froyo 2.2. Here is the bug list.

1. Login to FB from PC and open chat. Now click on "Go Offline". Now open FB app on phone and open CHAT section. Your friend list will not load even after waiting for 30 min on a 1 mbps wifi connection.

2. CHAT UI is simply crap. Now we have 3 groupings , "Active Conversations" , "Available" and "Idle". We don't need grouping at all simply show a single list with GREEN color on right for Active(not idle) and Orange for Inactive like we have in Gtalk for Android.
Also , if we are chatting with any friend , Just make same UI change in the Single Main list to indicate it ass Active chat.
In-short, just mimic what Gtalk for Andorid app does. Keep It Simple Guys.

3. CHAT is not working and need proper testing. try this.
Login to FB from PC , start Chat. Now hit "Go Offline". next, open FB app in mobile and enter chat section, Your Chat friend list will never ever load friends. it will simply show "Loading......"

4. Sound notification for Chat is not working. I am 200% sure that i have set a tone to notify me of incoming chat.

5. When i enter FB app on Phone , give is option to auto-login to chat or not. and notify us about same.

6. if we enter chat and return to home screen, i get logged out. WTF is this ? I am supposed to be logged in chat.

7. PUSH notifications : All i can say is "WTF" !!!!!
Reason: PUSH on iPhone and BB is REAL INSTANT. And if its TRUE Push , why do we see "Refresh Interval" option in Settings section ? If its PURE PUSH , we don't need this at all. If its for those running OS < 2.2 then fine.. However , if i choose ""Refresh Interval" at xx hours and set "Notifications to Active" and ticked all below options , I am still not receiving any PUSH notifications when i am on home screen. However when i enter the app , i get it. Is this you call PUSH ?

Dear Facebook, Go and test your app before you release it to the masses.

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
I turned off refresh interval to none, and turned off all notifications ticks, but left "notification" ticked, and it seems to push almost instantly.

as far as checking on battery drain. that is to be determined since i tinker with roms, apps and other stuff a lot!

but so far the push part works on 2.2..

but the app is still millions of years behind the iFail. come on FB dont you know that more people are useing Android then then IOS.

Reactions: talktoanil

talktoanil

May 8, 2010
Internet
I turned off refresh interval to none, and turned off all notifications ticks, but left "notification" ticked, and it seems to push almost instantly.

as far as checking on battery drain. that is to be determined since i tinker with roms, apps and other stuff a lot!

but the app is still millions of years behind the iFail. come on FB dont you know that more people are useing Android then then IOS.

a friend using HTC DESIRE and all is working at his end..which phone you use ?
I guess its problem with all Samsung users

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
I am useing a Samsung Captivate with a 2.2 rom installed

[ROM]Perception Build 8 (CogKernel2, Voodoo5, 1280Mhz OC/UV, tons of tweaks)

but , i do not think it worked too well last night, so it might have been a bug when it came out.

Reactions: talktoanil

chewy106

Aug 16, 2010
Illinois
No push here (T-Mobile G2, stock with BaconBits kernel). Googling was no help, seems like a crapshoot if you get push correctly or not.

MAMBO04

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2009
Brighton
Actually push works fine on the Galaxy S, last night push wasn't working properly for me but i'm guessing that was Facebook's fault, as it wasn't working properly on my PC either. Works instantly now, but i took the advice someone said earlier about unticking etc and i'll see how that works out.

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
All i can say about current 1.5 update is CRAP..total crap.

I am using Samsung Galaxy S running Froyo 2.2. Here is the bug list.

1. Login to FB from PC and open chat. Now click on "Go Offline". Now open FB app on phone and open CHAT section. Your friend list will not load even after waiting for 30 min on a 1 mbps wifi connection.

2. CHAT UI is simply crap. Now we have 3 groupings , "Active Conversations" , "Available" and "Idle". We don't need grouping at all simply show a single list with GREEN color on right for Active(not idle) and Orange for Inactive like we have in Gtalk for Android.
Also , if we are chatting with any friend , Just make same UI change in the Single Main list to indicate it ass Active chat.
In-short, just mimic what Gtalk for Andorid app does. Keep It Simple Guys.

3. CHAT is not working and need proper testing. try this.
Login to FB from PC , start Chat. Now hit "Go Offline". next, open FB app in mobile and enter chat section, Your Chat friend list will never ever load friends. it will simply show "Loading......"

4. Sound notification for Chat is not working. I am 200% sure that i have set a tone to notify me of incoming chat.

5. When i enter FB app on Phone , give is option to auto-login to chat or not. and notify us about same.

6. if we enter chat and return to home screen, i get logged out. WTF is this ? I am supposed to be logged in chat.

7. PUSH notifications : All i can say is "WTF" !!!!!
Reason: PUSH on iPhone and BB is REAL INSTANT. And if its TRUE Push , why do we see "Refresh Interval" option in Settings section ? If its PURE PUSH , we don't need this at all. If its for those running OS < 2.2 then fine.. However , if i choose ""Refresh Interval" at xx hours and set "Notifications to Active" and ticked all below options , I am still not receiving any PUSH notifications when i am on home screen. However when i enter the app , i get it. Is this you call PUSH ?

Dear Facebook, Go and test your app before you release it to the masses.

Take a breather, man. There are some kinks but it's a step in the right direction. Just a few months ago the FB app was almost completely useless.

I don't have any problems on my DZ thankfully. Haven't used the chat extensively but everything works fine including push.

talktoanil

May 8, 2010
Internet
Update :

1. I get PUSH notification instantly when i am IN App else not.
2. If I am on homescreen ,and if a frnd of mine ping me for chat on FB, chat msg is received but no Sound at all

Samsung Galaxy S 2.2

primatage

Nov 20, 2010
Central California
No push here (T-Mobile G2, stock with BaconBits kernel). Googling was no help, seems like a crapshoot if you get push correctly or not.

Doesn't work on my G2 either, though I'm using CM6.1 w/pershoots kernel.

Update :

1. I get PUSH notification instantly when i am IN App else not.
2. If I am on homescreen ,and if a frnd of mine ping me for chat on FB, chat msg is received but no Sound at all

Samsung Galaxy S 2.2

I got the same thing for the IN APP push, and not just anywhere in the app, but I had to be on the app's homescreen where the notifications bar sits. Even weirder was that the notification tone was <i>max</i> volume when it happened, like Facebook overrode the regular notification volume that everything else uses. I'm not really sure that it even qualifies as push, either, since the only way I could see if I had notifications before was to check that same screen. This was the only time I just happened to be on the screen when a notification came through.

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
talktoanil & igtheactt1,

Stop acting like kids plz.

I deleted your post, and I don't want any new insults, you did already enough for the whole next year

Any new insult will result in a ban... or if you want to talk, you have MP for that.

Thank you.

++

Zepiii

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am useing a Samsung Captivate with a 2.2 rom installed

[ROM]Perception Build 8 (CogKernel2, Voodoo5, 1280Mhz OC/UV, tons of tweaks)

but , i do not think it worked too well last night, so it might have been a bug when it came out.