Optimus T stuck on LG rebbot screen

Search This thread

deathmill3001

Dec 28, 2010
so im new to this whole rom thing and i tried installing megatron rom form sdcard with rom manger and when i started it the phone reset and got stuck on LG screen. I tried hard reset and removing the battery. Not working. Do i have a bricked phone now, please say no. HELP ME please

cjggilbert

Dec 16, 2010
Salt Lake City
so im new to this whole rom thing and i tried installing megatron rom form sdcard with rom manger and when i started it the phone reset and got stuck on LG screen. I tried hard reset and removing the battery. Not working. Do i have a bricked phone now, please say no. HELP ME please

I'm hoping that you made a backup before you flashed the rom. If you did you should be able to boot into recovery and restore.

Reactions: deathmill3001

deathmill3001

Dec 28, 2010
lol i think thats what i did. I backup everything using Titanium and rom manger on my sdcard. i just dont know how boot into recovery and restore. thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Omnichron

Dec 1, 2010
East Highland, CA

deathmill3001

Dec 28, 2010
lol hmmm i wonder what males can do with that.....
i was thinking about doing that and see if i could pull a fast one on radioshack

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
You did a nand backup before flashing Megatron, right? If so, you should boot in recovery using Home + Vol Down + Power and restore it from there. If not, you have no alternative but flashing the rom again (or any other rom). Be sure to wipe everything from recovery before that.
If that fails, you should get the official rom for your location and flash it with kdz (there is a very well done guide here on XDA for doing that, search for it).
And consider flashing Void next time, is more stable and has the same features (and more) as Megatron (hwacc, jit, oc, stagefright etc).
In any case, if the phone boots, even if gets stuck on LG splash screen, it is not bricked. It can be re-flashed easily, just follow the steps in the guides.

How to flash original rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=875881

Original rom list: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=865479&highlight=stock+rom

Last edited:

deathmill3001

Dec 28, 2010
thank you so much for the reply but for some strange reason i cant put my phone into recovery or emergency mode. idk why and i tried like all the button presses. Do you hold them down or press them in order. im sry for being a noob lol. but u gave me hope knowing now its not bricked :D

d3s3rt_eagle

Jan 13, 2011
Turin
thank you so much for the reply but for some strange reason i cant put my phone into recovery or emergency mode. idk why and i tried like all the button presses. Do you hold them down or press them in order. im sry for being a noob lol. but u gave me hope knowing now its not bricked :D
press and hold down HOME + VOL DOWN while the phone is off, then turn it on, keeping that 2 buttons pressed until recovery appears.

But if you have used rom manager, this won't work. Your only chance to unbrick is this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883314
rom manager don't support yet optimus t

Last edited:

shadow_cruiser

Nov 18, 2010
Ottawa, On
The same happened to me when I flashed LOL rom. I was reading that it can sometimes take up to 5 minutes to reach the boot animation. My phone reached the boot animation in 6-7 minutes. How long did you wait before you removed the battery?

deathmill3001

Dec 28, 2010
thats not working either. all i saw was a bunch of ppl with the same problem and eventually sent it to LG service

shadow_cruiser

Nov 18, 2010
Ottawa, On
ummm like about 3 minutes cause i was freaking out lol. that could be it :/

I was about to pull mine out too after 3-4 minutes. I was freaking out also but had to go to the washroom when this happened. When I came back, the phone booted. If I didn't use the washroom, I would have bricked my phone, lol.

A lot of people have this problem because on the Optimus One it takes forever to load the first time. My samsung vibrant was extremely quick, 1 minute max

deathmill3001

Dec 28, 2010
I was about to pull mine out too after 3-4 minutes. I was freaking out also but had to go to the washroom when this happened. When I came back, the phone booted. If I didn't use the washroom, I would have bricked my phone, lol.

A lot of people have this problem because on the Optimus One it takes forever to load the first time. My samsung vibrant was extremely quick, 1 minute max
lol lucky u. idk this was my first android phone and i still have 1 year and 8 months left on my contract so i have no clue on what to do :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm hoping that you made a backup before you flashed the rom. If you did you should be able to boot into recovery and restore.
    and how do u do that lol

Here's the stock rom: csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP509BK/ATMOBK/V10l_00/V10L_00.kdz

and you'll need KDZ(run it in compatibility mode if using win7 64bit):
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B99JDF9I

boot phone into emergency mode: Home+Volume Up+Power

connect to PC via USB and flash with KDZ in 3qct +Emergency mode
    You did a nand backup before flashing Megatron, right? If so, you should boot in recovery using Home + Vol Down + Power and restore it from there. If not, you have no alternative but flashing the rom again (or any other rom). Be sure to wipe everything from recovery before that.
    If that fails, you should get the official rom for your location and flash it with kdz (there is a very well done guide here on XDA for doing that, search for it).
    And consider flashing Void next time, is more stable and has the same features (and more) as Megatron (hwacc, jit, oc, stagefright etc).
    In any case, if the phone boots, even if gets stuck on LG splash screen, it is not bricked. It can be re-flashed easily, just follow the steps in the guides.

How to flash original rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=875881

Original rom list: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=865479&highlight=stock+rom