Im Back

Search This thread

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
Well, after trying to make a trade for my phone to a guy that had rep in Puerto Rico, it had failed. He tried to scam me. Instead of a phone in the mail, i got a disc for a manual to a car. And, it went to an address close to my house of an automotive place. So, i was able to stop the packages before they reached him. They recalled them. They were overnighted back to Des Moines, IA. Then, due to a shipping error, they were shipped back to Puerto Rico. So, the post master has been notified and they are now going to package them up and ship directly to my post office where I will be able to pick up directly without worry of it being sent back. Cost me 5 bucks to ship to PR. Cost me 4 times that to recall them and wait 2 weeks.

Needless to say, when I get my phone back, I will definitely be hugging it and giving it some TLC. I sold the Note that I had on crackberry. So all I had was a Motorola razor v3. hate that phone!!!

But, come May when I am due for early upgrade to iPhone-I will be making that switch to a 32gb. If I don't decide to wait for iPhone5.

shanghei

Oct 21, 2008
It sucks that someone with rep is scamming, cant trust anybody. You should post about the guy somewhere, so others dont get scammed by same guy.

Last edited:

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
Yep. I did hear about ICS. Q3 it looks like. Let's hope it is sooner.

And yeah, no kidding. All these years I've been trading. My first one was a Blackberry 8100. Never had a problem. But this time... it sucked. I am done doing trades. Never again. Straight up Paypal only. Lesson learned.

Lets hope they really show up tomorrow. Suppose to package them both as one and ship directly to the post office. We shall see... I have been waiting too freaking long. And if it doesn't, I will be pissed at USPS.

Last edited:

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
Well, after trying to make a trade for my phone to a guy that had rep in Puerto Rico, it had failed. He tried to scam me. Instead of a phone in the mail, i got a disc for a manual to a car. And, it went to an address close to my house of an automotive place. So, i was able to stop the packages before they reached him. They recalled them. They were overnighted back to Des Moines, IA. Then, due to a shipping error, they were shipped back to Puerto Rico. So, the post master has been notified and they are now going to package them up and ship directly to my post office where I will be able to pick up directly without worry of it being sent back. Cost me 5 bucks to ship to PR. Cost me 4 times that to recall them and wait 2 weeks.

Needless to say, when I get my phone back, I will definitely be hugging it and giving it some TLC. I sold the Note that I had on crackberry. So all I had was a Motorola razor v3. hate that phone!!!

But, come May when I am due for early upgrade to iPhone-I will be making that switch to a 32gb. If I don't decide to wait for iPhone5.

The Iphone is crap, dude. Why would you bother?

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
HAHA! glad I can make you laugh. lol. As for the iPhone, I like to switch every now and then. I've had iphone before and liked it.

But, good news, my phone is back and... In the same shape as I shipped it. In mint condition. Whew. So glad. :))

Now, to go put the new rom on it.

shanghei

Oct 21, 2008
Was the guy who tried to scam you from the xda forum? If it was you should post somewhere who it was so someone else doesnt get scammed.

shanghei

Oct 21, 2008
I just want to point out it is important to atleast mention an online name of the person who tried to scam you. You were almost out your atrix 2 and this "guy from PR with rep" is still out there probly scamming others and you think it wasnt important to mention those details?

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
he wasn't from this forum. he was from the iMore and crackberry.com forum. If he has an account here, I don't know what it is. The appropriate posts have been made on said forums.

Thanks.

Chrisruns

Feb 23, 2012
Awe...I would be ticked. You said you had the note...as in Galaxy Note? That phone/tablet/thing looks sweet. haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First glance at post......I'm black.

2 double takes later I realize I'm an idiot. You made me laugh!

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App