[App][2.3+] Portrait Lens: Stand Out!

Search This thread

finder07

Nov 2, 2013
Kirov
Portrait Lens for Android Creates DSLR Focus Effect in Flat Photos

What’s the difference between a snap taken with a phone’s camera and a photograph made with a professional lens? It’s the DSLR focus effect when the important object is focused on and the background is blurred. It makes a photo look beautiful and natural. A new photo manipulation app called Portrait Lens lets you create the DSLR focus effect in photos that you have taken with the mobile phone’s camera.

Here’s how you can create the DSLR focus effect. To begin, take a snap or select a photo from the gallery. The next step is to create a mask by dragging your finger around the area you want to focus on and the background you want to blur out. No matter how complex the shapes of an object could be, the application recognizes the focus area and applies the effect. It also uses a soft finish to incorporate the blur into the photo without making it look sloppy. Once done, you can save the output photo in the desired resolution (up to 3 megapixels). If necessary, you can change settings such as sharpness/blurring and saturation separately for the background and subject.

Effects (separately for the background and foreground):
- brightness, hue, and saturation;
- sharpen and blur;
- reduce noise;
- pencil sketch.

Effects for the background:
- motion blur (value and angle).

Effects for the original image:
- auto levels;
- auto tone.

Google Play link (v. 1.1.9):http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.websiteam.portraitlens

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Any feedback is welcome!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 1,127
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 1,112
Last edited:

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Installed it to try it.I started the quick tutorial that appears when you first run it. It doesn't get past this screen. None of the buttons work to advance the tutorial.

If I press back, I can use the application normally. But you might need to look at fixing the tutorial getting stuck. Unless that's all there is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-05-11-22-04.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-05-11-22-04.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,018

dsp26

Aug 23, 2009
Brisbane
Works fine for me, including tutorial.

Tutorial and integration with the camera and gallery is actually quite well polished

DespicableJae

Dec 18, 2010
Brooklyn
Installed it to try it.I started the quick tutorial that appears when you first run it. It doesn't get past this screen. None of the buttons work to advance the tutorial.

If I press back, I can use the application normally. But you might need to look at fixing the tutorial getting stuck. Unless that's all there is?

I was just on Google+ discussing apps that create effects and whether they are good or bad for the photography industry.
That is another topic in itself but then I saw a post for this. I think this is a very promising app. Going to give it a test drive now.

BIGMOH

Mar 24, 2008

+1

same here :(

+1 same here!

Sent from my GT_N8000

filarod

Apr 26, 2010
Pombal
Nice app. It can be a bit confusing at first, but it's a nice idea. Looking forward to future updates.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Portrait Lens for Android Creates DSLR Focus Effect in Flat Photos

What’s the difference between a snap taken with a phone’s camera and a photograph made with a professional lens? It’s the DSLR focus effect when the important object is focused on and the background is blurred. It makes a photo look beautiful and natural. A new photo manipulation app called Portrait Lens lets you create the DSLR focus effect in photos that you have taken with the mobile phone’s camera.

Here’s how you can create the DSLR focus effect. To begin, take a snap or select a photo from the gallery. The next step is to create a mask by dragging your finger around the area you want to focus on and the background you want to blur out. No matter how complex the shapes of an object could be, the application recognizes the focus area and applies the effect. It also uses a soft finish to incorporate the blur into the photo without making it look sloppy. Once done, you can save the output photo in the desired resolution (up to 3 megapixels). If necessary, you can change settings such as sharpness/blurring and saturation separately for the background and subject.

Effects (separately for the background and foreground):
    - brightness, hue, and saturation;
    - sharpen and blur;
    - reduce noise;
    - pencil sketch.

Effects for the background:
    - motion blur (value and angle).

Effects for the original image:
    - auto levels;
    - auto tone.

Google Play link (v. 1.1.9):http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.websiteam.portraitlens

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Any feedback is welcome!
    After installing the new version, I'm stuck on this screen.

Anyone else having the same issue? ?

Sent from my HTC One

This intermediate version works? - View attachment Portraitlens_1_05_1.apk
    effects only applied on ~tmp.jpg and the other is nothing :(

I'm sorry, my fault.
    Link to a new version of the application without restrictions on the resolution of the saved image - View attachment Portraitlens-v1_073_beta.apk
    its worked now, another problem: portrait pic became landscape for result pic :D
    The original and result in different orientations?

Fix training mode for mdpi - devices - View attachment Portraitlens-v1_074_beta.apk
    yes, but its fixed when opened by galery/album.
    The original is not copied from the gallery into the folder Portrait Lens. The result is processed in the same orientation as the original. Information about the orientation of the original is copied into the result (Exif to Exif)