Custom Kernel?

Search This thread

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
If I had one major complaint about this device, it would be the fact that the camera settings when watching video is much too low closing their to not be sufficient shadow detail in darker scenes 1 watching movies or video. This is very obvious when comparing the screen to the latest Nexus 2013 model which is not only but brighter but the dark areas so much more detail.

The screen adjuster app can help a bit with this however there are sacrifices in terms of contrast to get this added detail. It would seem that I just meant in gamma correction can only be done at the kernel level. This has been done successfully on the Nexus 4 & 5 phones by having custom kernels developed.

I sincerely hope that there will be some development on a custom kernel for our device. I can accept the fact that it is not as bright as a Nexus 7 tablet 2 compare the two is difficult as the battery life on Nexus 7 at similar brightness levels much favors the Nexus device. However it is difficult to view movies that have dark scenes given the issues I have mentioned. I'm wondering if anybody knows how to contact developers who have created a custom kernels for the other devices to try to develop for our own.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Mine actually has great whites better than my old nexus 7 2013 and my note 3. I can handle lower brightness but the black crush is bad. Wonder if Dalingrin or Faux kernel developer can be contacted to work on this?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk