[Q]

Search This thread

marian_dumitra

Apr 6, 2014
Hello
I need to restore my phone contacts and i'm looking for a program with which to read all phone memory - especially the "free memory".
Phone operating system has been installed in service, but have not saved contacts before, so I need your help.
Thanks

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Hello
I need to restore my phone contacts and i'm looking for a program with which to read all phone memory - especially the "free memory".
Phone operating system has been installed in service, but have not saved contacts before, so I need your help.
Thanks

It's hard for me to understand what you mean but let me guess, you have changed devices and you want to restore your contacts from your previous device to this device.

Method One - Google (If your previous phone is a smartphone with android)

Log into your Google account on your old device. Go to Settings, look for the "Accounts" section. Select Google. Once in the new window. Select your account (usually displayed as an email).

Open it, and and touch "Contacts" wait for it to sync. Once done. Log into your Google account from the DX and do to settings look for accounts. Open Google. Open your account. And select "contacts" it should sync every contact from the old device to your new one.

Method two - sim card.

Simply go into contacts in your old phone (make sure your sim is in there) mark all contacts and save it to sim.

Take sim out and insert in DX, go to contacts, and import the contacts from sim.

To see all your free memory. Go to settings>storage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

marian_dumitra

Apr 6, 2014
thanks

I was not very explicit, so i'm back with clarifications:
- my phone, a HTC Desire X, had problems with screen and I went to the service;
- before that, I sync contacts with gmail account, but I didn't copied more than 500 contacts from 2000 and I saw this only after I took the phone from the service;
- the service has changed the screen and reinstalled the operating system Android 4.1.1, so I can not see contacts;
- I restored the phone book - only 500 contacts from gmail and for the rest I need a program to read the memory of the phone which now appears to be free;
- I tried with wondershare dr. fone for android but it didn't work. I think I need a program wich "read the memory", not "restore the memory".
Thanks again
Marian

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
I was not very explicit, so i'm back with clarifications:
- my phone, a HTC Desire X, had problems with screen and I went to the service;
- before that, I sync contacts with gmail account, but I didn't copied more than 500 contacts from 2000 and I saw this only after I took the phone from the service;
- the service has changed the screen and reinstalled the operating system Android 4.1.1, so I can not see contacts;
- I restored the phone book - only 500 contacts from gmail and for the rest I need a program to read the memory of the phone which now appears to be free;
- I tried with wondershare dr. fone for android but it didn't work. I think I need a program wich "read the memory", not "restore the memory".
Thanks again
Marian
The memory doesn't "seem" free, it IS free. Your contacts are not stored in any special place, they are stored along with your other settings on your android data partion, the one they would've wiped. Due to the nature of the ext4 filesystem it's not even worth it to try and recover them (I've had experience with this before :p , just a bunch of hashes). It's vital to always check the validity of backups before going through anything that may destroy the original data. Sorry.

marian_dumitra

Apr 6, 2014
I ask you again

Hello
Thanks for the advice. I will listen them in the future, but now we have to put right what was wrong.
I need a program to read phone memory byte by byte. I interpret the information myself if I have something to interpret!
Thanks