64GB SD Support?

Search This thread

mabru2001

Nov 9, 2007
So I have a Tab 4 7inch wifi only on order right now and am wondering if it supports the 64GB or even 128GB SD cards. I seen something listing that only the LTE model supports the 64 and the wifi only supports the 32. I am using a eyefi and want to use the tab as a larger screen viewer and backup as I shoot.

If not would it just be a hack someday since it seems odd that they would actually change the SD readers on devices that are essentially the same just missing a radio.

Last edited:

404-Not Found

Sep 12, 2012
Phoenix
So I have a Tab 4 7inch wifi only on order right now and am wondering if it supports the 64GB or even 128GB SD cards. I seen something listing that only the LTE model supports the 64 and the wifi only supports the 32. I am using a eyefi and want to use the tab as a larger screen viewer and backup as I shoot.

If not would it just be a hack someday since it seems odd that they would actually change the SD readers on devices that are essentially the same just missing a radio.

I believe it does work with 64 GB cards but I have only tested mine to 32 GB (definitely works). And about 128GB that is definetly not available.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

I can't confirm for the 7" but I'm using a 64GB microSD card in my 8" and have no problems.

nl3142

Jun 11, 2011
I believe it does work with 64 GB cards but I have only tested mine to 32 GB (definitely works). And about 128GB that is definetly not available.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

I can confirm that the 64GB card works in the 7.0, at least if you format it as FAT32. Also, 128GB microsd cards are out though you have to order them online (amazon link)

DroidOSnewb

Aug 2, 2014
I pulled the 64 go card out of my go pro and put it in my fresh out the box tab 4 7.0 sm-t230nu and it showed up fine as 59 gigs total and 56 free. I've been able to move apps to it and run fine. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the swap so it will only run the owner off the 8 gig internal and auto install everything else to sd.
?

frenziedfemale

Aug 20, 2014
I pulled the 64 go card out of my go pro and put it in my fresh out the box tab 4 7.0 sm-t230nu and it showed up fine as 59 gigs total and 56 free. I've been able to move apps to it and run fine. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the swap so it will only run the owner off the 8 gig internal and auto install everything else to sd.
?

I didn't think that the newer versions of Android allowed for moving apps to SD anymore. After reading your post, I gave it a shot and...voila! Thanks for that.

DroidOSnewb

Aug 2, 2014
I didn't think that the newer versions of Android allowed for moving apps to SD anymore. After reading your post, I gave it a shot and...voila! Thanks for that.

For some things it wont work automatically when using the default app manager in the settings. Apps like link2sd and foldermount bypass the factory limitations for moving the apps to external sd. I try to keep everything on my 64gb card. I wonder if the 128gb cards are supported?

dbellefuil

Feb 22, 2018
Memory card support

Yes, 128GB SD is supported. After it boots is takes a few minutes to show up but after that it works just fine.