[FONT] Change All Fonts In WM6.5.x!! UPDATE: 25/2/2010

Search This thread

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Hi,

When i had a Diamond I used to use Brians themes. I really liked his system font, so i decided to update it for the HD2 and WM6.5.x.

Credit goes to bilbobrian for the original Idea!! - Thanks Muchly!!

This will not work on WM6.1, the fonts are named differently!

attachment.php
attachment.php

This will change the font of:

Manila
Pin Entry Pad
HTC Messaging
Taskbar (Top (Second Screenshot) & Bottom)
Total Commander
Windows Mobile Menus
Start Menu
Titanium Plugin (First Screenshot)
USB To PC Pop Up
Comm Manager
"Press & Hold" Symbols on the HTC Touch Input
System Popups
S2U2 Pin Entry Pad

(And More!!!)

UPDATE:

25/2/2010: Brians SYS_Font MEdt 25210.cab
  • Now it changes HTC Touch Input Fully
  • Fully Working with Opera (Symbols Fixed)
  • Fixed ALL other font issues!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Requests - How To:

How the requests work:

If I have the time to make CABs, I will BUT my work comes first and these are the rules:

1: Suggest And PROVIDE the font in your post
2: I will Post a CAB if i have time to fulfill the request
3: When you install, post a screenshot of the Font installed ON THE POST WHERE YOU ADDED THE FONT.
4: I will add the CAB to the first post along with a link to your screenshot.

I think this is fair since I cannot screenshot all the fonts!

Fulfilled Requests:
(These still need tweaking, but they work ok)

Mystic DejaVuSans.cab - Screenshot
Mystic SegoeUI.cab - Screenshot

Enjoy

MG

Attachments

• Start-Capture.jpg
    Start-Capture.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 25,523
  • Desktop-Capture.jpg
    Desktop-Capture.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 25,890
Last edited:

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009
Excellent work mate, just what i was missing, keep it up! :)

Well if you are taking requests, can you kindly provide a cab for "DejaVu Sans" font (attached below), i like it a lot and it supports international characters, which i need most. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• dejavu-sans-ttf-2.30.zip
    359.3 KB · Views: 1,735
Last edited:

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
I used to love using this font on my old Touch HD, it looks so cool!!:)

However a word of caution guys as much as I like this font, it wasn't so practical when it came to using on opera browser the font was not so reader friendly with most website!!

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Excellent work mate, just what i was missing, keep it up! :)

Well if you are taking requests, can you kindly provide a cab for "DejaVu Sans" font (attached below), i like it a lot and it supports international characters, which i need most. thanks in advance.

Mystic DejaVuSans.cab

Hi! That looks very cook. Your work is much appreciated!
For my everyday use I prefer something classic - so could you PLEEEASE make a CAB for ordinary Segoe UI? That would be very very nice! :D
One question: do your CABs change also the Manila-font that you're obviously not using though?
BIG fat THX in advance!!!
Yes it should change manila!

Mystic SegoeUI.cab

There you go.

Please can you both provide a screenshot of the font and attach it to the post you requested the font on. (I cannot keep installing loads of fonts for screenies so please provide)

MG

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
great work.

i like this front it's awesome
I used to love using this font on my old Touch HD, it looks so cool!!:)

However a word of caution guys as much as I like this font, it wasn't so practical when it came to using on opera browser the font was not so reader friendly with most website!!
Glad you both like it!!

I agree sometimes the font is abit hard to read, but it looks so cool!!

MG

kostasalfa

Nov 17, 2008
WOW! Good job!! Do all the fonts have problem with other languages??
I tried the first cab and had problems with greek characters apearing as squares..:(

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
mg great work thanks. the only problem is internet not able to read anything can this be fixed so that interndt is viewed in different font?love the fonts tho

pongster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2005
Quezon City
www.facebook.com
How do i get the new font to reflect in the HTCMenus? it looks fine when choosing the default WM Menus, but the "in program" menu fonts used by HTCMenus doesn't pick the new font up. e.g. Open Resco explorer, select menu and the HTCMenu that will pop-up is not using the new font, or even the old font but something like courier new (monotype). I'll take a screenshot and attach in a bit.

Segoe UI
ScreenShot1.jpg

Courier New
ScreenShot2.jpg

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
WOW! Good job!! Do all the fonts have problem with other languages??
I tried the first cab and had problems with greek characters apearing as squares..:(
Hi,

Unfortunately, i have only tryed this with English Char support. If you can provide me with a font that you like with greek Char support I can see the differences and whether I can update the fonts to support.

If not, i will only be able to use fonts that contain support for the language that you can provide me.

MG
mg great work thanks. the only problem is internet not able to read anything can this be fixed so that interndt is viewed in different font?love the fonts tho

I think i know which the internet fonts are, I will try making one that has the font i have but uses a standard one like Tahoma for internet.

(im not saying that i will get it working 100% but ill have a go.)

MG

@both: Im currently traveling to Scotland i should be arriving there this evening, so once i unpack, ill relax and look at this for you!

MG

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
I like to have the Zune font on my device, so I can get a taste of what WM 7 will look like :) . Does anybody have that font?

pongster

Apr 15, 2005
Quezon City
www.facebook.com
I think I found the font... someone extracted it using Restorator and posted it on esnips... its based on Segoe and its called, wait for it, wait for it... TADA... Zegoe... (go figure...)

I have the file but I'm not sure I can post it here so I will err on the side of caution till someone says its ok...

pongster

Apr 15, 2005
Quezon City
www.facebook.com
AH! Mystic did the Segoe font already, is that one different from the UI version you think?
EDIT: I saw that it is the UI version that he did. I give that one a try!

Lemme know if it works for you... I had to use WM default menus instead of HTC Menus since application menus (aside from Manila of course) used the font in the screenshot above...

What ROM are you currently on?

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
I think I found the font... someone extracted it using Restorator and posted it on esnips... its based on Segoe and its called, wait for it, wait for it... TADA... Zegoe... (go figure...)

I have the file but I'm not sure I can post it here so I will err on the side of caution till someone says its ok...

Zegoe? lol. Post it as zune-like fonts. I think nobody has a problem with that :D

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Here you go...

Zune Like Fonts...

http://www.esnips.com/doc/a918f708-6305-40fe-b567-34175c6144da/Zegoe-UI

Maybe MysticGenius can whip up a cab that will enable this font for all application menus as well. I prefer HTC Menus over WM Default. :)

Thanks. BTW the problem with the fonts you described above, is something that is caused by the new 2.07 and 2.09 based tmous roms. I think they did install a whole new range of fonts called ascsan.tff ascser.tff and ascmon.tff. (do a search with resco file explorer on *.tff).

BTW I have copied the times new roman font to my device to use it with the Freda ebook reader. When I install the SergoeUI font Mystic did, I get the times new roman font in some parts of Sense (wheater, shortcut texts etc). Very weird.

I will get dirty to get this problem fixed. I like custom fonts. I had the nokia font on my device and that really looked cool. I don't use it anymore because it also changed some menu fonts to the ugly courier font.